+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Almondjuice

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
my dad who is primary applicant is in India. However, my mother (other applicant) is visiting me in canada. should I still change her address and tell them via webform that she is in canada??

is it important to recieve acknowledgment for the web format request... in the past, I had submitted change of family size request but never received any acknowledgment or response.
I emailed the updated form and info via email as in their request letter and no acknowledge of receipt either.

I also upload the form in MyCIC account but there is only one place to submit my dad's form, but says nothing is required for now for my mom.

It is so confusing. There is no place to submit any optional doc either.

kuljit

Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2014
Your parents are in Canada? Have you received COPR through email or on cic ac

we received a call from officer and then received copr in my cic account.

Reactions: geol

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Hi All
My parents are 2019 application batch, they received their immigrant visa this October and required to land before March 2021.
However, as everyone already knows, the covid situation this winter in Canada is so bad, they are very hesitant to fly over right in March.
What I understand is that if they apply for an extension of the deadline through the web form, we may get extended for the first landing, but we will be most likely be asked to get another physical exam.
Their physical exam was done in Oct 2019, which already passed a one-year duration now, my mom just did a knee cap surgery in summer 2020, and as you know people at this age may have problems anytime.
I don't know should we risk the covid and fly over or to risk another physical exam to extend their landing deadline.
It's better they should travel and air travel is even safer then any other mode. They should take all the precautions while traveling like gloves, mask, faceshield etc... In my opinion you should avoid redo of medical as you mentioned that your mom had knee cap surgery in summer, so you have to declare it while doing redo medical.

geol

Dec 18, 2014
my dad who is primary applicant is in India. However, my mother (other applicant) is visiting me in canada. should I still change her address and tell them via webform that she is in canada??

is it important to recieve acknowledgment for the web format request... in the past, I had submitted change of family size request but never received any acknowledgment or response.
You can't change the address as it's always for primary Applicant.

colourfulcanada

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Swift Current
Visa Office......
Don't Know
NOC Code......
Waiting
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Last edited:

colourfulcanada

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Swift Current
Visa Office......
Don't Know
NOC Code......
Waiting
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I have the same issue, few days back medical exam pass status changed to you do not need... and the new line “we are processing your background check” appeared
Is your parents in canada?

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
Hi @serious_cheese @robertp I need some serious advice on this.

The latest update on my file was in March when Biometric request was received. The local Visa Office is New Delhi and there has been no update in quite some time. My brother is a dependent under PGP 2019, and he is in Canada on work permit. In hopefully 2-3 months he will have enough points to apply for Express Entry.

Now my concern is should he apply for his express entry when he becomes eligible ?
Is that a probem if his application is still in process under PGP2019 ?

The thing is PGP applications are taking good time to get processed and because of Covid things have slowed down even more, His work permit will expire in June next year, if there is no result on PGP application, then he will unforTunately have to leave the country.

I am in a fix, could you please assess the situation and provide a good solution to this.

Much appreciated. Thank you

colourfulcanada

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Swift Current
Visa Office......
Don't Know
NOC Code......
Waiting
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi, I have received the passport submission request (PPR) for my parents in India - but it looks like VFS global is not accepting the passports for stamping at their office as per https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/covid-19-updates .

Submission of passport upon receipt of passport request letter from IRCC (via post/courier only). Submission of passport in person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice.

As per https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/news/ircc-request-update I have sent an email to PassportSubmission@vfshelpline.com but no reply. Anyone submitted the passports for stamping - if so, how did you submit?
Hi @barelyhome ,

Did you get any response from VFS in India yet for passport submission.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Sam

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi, I have received the passport submission request (PPR) for my parents in India - but it looks like VFS global is not accepting the passports for stamping at their office as per https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/covid-19-updates .

Submission of passport upon receipt of passport request letter from IRCC (via post/courier only). Submission of passport in person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice.

As per https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/news/ircc-request-update I have sent an email to PassportSubmission@vfshelpline.com but no reply. Anyone submitted the passports for stamping - if so, how did you submit?
check this: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/two-way-courier-services-vfs-new-delhi-india.713205/

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
My parents' residential address changed in their home country. Do they need to inform CIC and How do they inform CIC about this?

ClaudiaHo

Jan 3, 2019
Your parents may not have travel to the country to get the PCC. They can apply in the embassy: for example Chinese Embassy.
There is unfortunately no Chinese embassy in Hong Kong, as the city is technically part of China now, its special status makes it hard to gain access to Chinese official documents. it has a Chinese ’intermediary‘, that helps with appying for other visa and docuemnts, but not PCC, and also, the PCC requires past record of my parents stay in China, which it’s been decades since they left and there I am not sure if they have anything to prove their old residency, so not sure if they can still apply for the PCC. If anyone has similar experience in the past, I would love to learn how it was being handled. thanks!

vickcan

Jan 30, 2019
How long does it takes to see the further progress? I am June 24th applicant, got an update on dec 2019 saying your application has been received. On Nov 6,2020 got an update; we have started processing you application for both sponsor and principle applicant. How long does it take to see sponsor eligibility clearance?

spr2425

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Please advise guys:

Last week I received a request for Bio-metrics of my parents and also received a separate email asking for PCC/Passportcopy/Travel history information, I am just wondering when should we expect the medical request, as per the email they have transferred their file to Mississauga, but my parents are in India?