+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

trivchintan

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hi All,

I got a ghost update too on my account. I'm unable to login to my account since teh afternoon, last when I checked it said "application/profile updated" and then changed to "submitted" automatically and then when i click into it.. it gives me bad gateway error
this happening 2-3 times when I tried logging in in the afternoon.
Any idea, what would be the reason?

Application received: May 31, 2019
Additional Docs sent - October 2019
Biometrics, Police certificate requested and submitted - October 2019
Medical requested - Nov 2019 (Mom's medical passed in November and Dad had additional medical requests which lasted all the way until October and finally medical passsed status changed in October 2020, though suddenly last week it changed back to 'medical not needed, will let you know if required')

Today this ghost update.. I'm curious what the next steps would be, hope its some good news!!

Same thing happened to me,

First medical request was received in Nov 2019, then dad got furtherance and took until oct 2020 to submit everything, then on Nov 4th the my cic showed that medical passed as part of APPLICATION UPDATE Section.

Now everything is gone and it shows as below.

Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

abhi.here

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
I would recommend doing it under Sponsorship and PGP.
The reason why I say that is I haven't got any response with ' Change of Contact Info' on 2 webforms even after a month.
Not sure if I am the only one who faced this issue.
Or, you could raise 2 webforms one in each category.
Even I did not get any response when I raised the webform with "Change of contact information". Anybody who has already received webform's response, could you please guide which category did you opt for ?

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Even I did not get any response when I raised the webform with "Change of contact information". Anybody who has already received webform's response, could you please guide which category did you opt for ?
I submitted renewed passport copies in Sponsorship and PGP. After two weeks got an email that it was forwarded to the required department.

Reactions: abhi.here

napoleonbot

Mar 9, 2017
Hi All
My parents are 2019 application batch, they received their immigrant visa this October and required to land before March 2021.
However, as everyone already knows, the covid situation this winter in Canada is so bad, they are very hesitant to fly over right in March.
What I understand is that if they apply for an extension of the deadline through the web form, we may get extended for the first landing, but we will be most likely be asked to get another physical exam.
Their physical exam was done in Oct 2019, which already passed a one-year duration now, my mom just did a knee cap surgery in summer 2020, and as you know people at this age may have problems anytime.
I don't know should we risk the covid and fly over or to risk another physical exam to extend their landing deadline.

Almondjuice

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
Hi,

Just an update.

Line 470, Name: AlmondJuice.

CIC requested additional documents on Dec 11, 2020:

1. Updated IMM 5660 Schedule A Background / Declaration for both PA and Dependents, and
2. Confirmation of current address.

It is good news that they didn't ask for a second ME even though the original medical exam was conducted in Nov 2019.

Please update my line. @robertp . Thanks for maintaining the form.

Reactions: serious_cheese

colourfulcanada

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Swift Current
Visa Office......
Don't Know
NOC Code......
Waiting
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi,

Just an update.

1. Updated IMM 5660 Schedule A Background / Declaration for both PA and Dependents, and

It is good news that they didn't ask for a second ME even though the original medical exam was conducted in Nov 2019.

is your parents are in Canada?

abhi.here

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Hi,

Just an update.

@Almondjuice how did you inform them that your parents are in Canada ? If it was through a webform, could you please let us know what option did you select while raising the webform ?

Almondjuice

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
@Almondjuice how did you inform them that your parents are in Canada ? If it was through a webform, could you please let us know what option did you select while raising the webform ?
I did informed CIC that they were in Canada back in the summer. I submitted a webform in June but the status was never changed, so I called in again in early August. The address was updated after the call.

Reactions: abhi.here

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Same thing happened to me,

First medical request was received in Nov 2019, then dad got furtherance and took until oct 2020 to submit everything, then on Nov 4th the my cic showed that medical passed as part of APPLICATION UPDATE Section.

Now everything is gone and it shows as below.

Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
I have the same issue, few days back medical exam pass status changed to you do not need... and the new line “we are processing your background check” appeared

harrygne

Star Member
Jun 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Chandigarh (online)
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Passport Req..
08-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
land on 20-08-2014
I have the same issue, few days back medical exam pass status changed to you do not need... and the new line “we are processing your background check” appeared
Same here

soho1165

Apr 30, 2019
my dad who is primary applicant is in India. However, my mother (other applicant) is visiting me in canada. should I still change her address and tell them via webform that she is in canada??

is it important to recieve acknowledgment for the web format request... in the past, I had submitted change of family size request but never received any acknowledgment or response.

Last edited: