+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

abhi.here

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
I am in the same boat. Can anybody please advise what we should be expecting?
We are getting really worried now especially with the fact that my parents 6 months stay as visitor in Canada would be ending in around March?
@Nuevo : Even I am worried because of the same reason. What was the purpose you chose when you raised the web form ? "Address Change" or "Sponsorship" ? I selected "Address Change" and was wondering if this type has something to do with priority of the webform being looked at ?
Would be great if we can connect around this.

abhi.here

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
We called the call center and got it updated.
But, haven't heard back anything.
Called the support center, they mentioned that though ECAS is updated, the address on file is still older one.
Any thoughts?
Wondering why web form isn't getting received?
I also got it updated over call and now ircc is saying that though address is changed on Ecas but the country of residence is still India, hence the officers would not be able to see our file as inland file.Thats weird!! They said that can only be changed via web form which is not being received by them for God knows what reason ! Feeling helpless :( Somebody please guide what can i do !

geol

Dec 18, 2014
I also got it updated over call and now ircc is saying that though address is changed on Ecas but the country of residence is still India, hence the officers would not be able to see our file as inland file.Thats weird!! They said that can only be changed via web form which is not being received by them for God knows what reason ! Feeling helpless :( Somebody please guide what can i do !
Yes, country of residence will be India only till Permanent Resident status finalize as they are on visitor visa. If someone on tourist visa to any country doesn't mean it's country of residence. Current address can be updated if the parents are in Canada.

Last edited:

colourfulcanada

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Swift Current
Visa Office......
Don't Know
NOC Code......
Waiting
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
When did CPC-M ask for 2nd medical? I am May 27 applicant. My GCKEY still shows medical passed NOV 6th 2019 and ECAS shows decision made for both. GCKEY shows in-progress though. No medical request yet.
I got 2nd medical request one day before my medical expire,my medical expired on December 02nd 2020 but I got medical request on December 01st 2020.(my 1st medical passed date was December 02nd 2019 then CPC-M rereviewed it on Nov 03rd 2020 and mycic was showing medical pass on November 03rd 2020 and within the month I got medical request LOL)

colourfulcanada

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Swift Current
Visa Office......
Don't Know
NOC Code......
Waiting
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Did they ask you to complete 2nd medical ?
Yes, I got new medical request letter on December 01st 2020 (first medical was passed on December 02nd 2019) .

ClaudiaHo

Jan 3, 2019
Anyone had experience that when CPCM requested info but was not able to provide it? cic Is requesting police check for my parents in China but they cannot provide them due to COVID travel restriction and other reasons, they have only resided in China for 2 years through out their life, would this have a negative impact for their application? Ie, even lead to rejection?

Julfox

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
Anyone had experience that when CPCM requested info but was not able to provide it? cic Is requesting police check for my parents in China but they cannot provide them due to COVID travel restriction and other reasons, they have only resided in China for 2 years through out their life, would this have a negative impact for their application? Ie, even lead to rejection?
This may cause delay of your application. Unless you have some good reason or you can provide proof to support why you cannot obtain the PCC from the relative country u have resided before. Please see below as this was extracted from the IRCC website.

What if I can't get a police certificate for my immigration application?
If you’re unable to get a police certificate from a country, you’re responsible to show why you can’t get one.

To prove that you can’t get a police certificate, you must:

show proof that you requested a police certificate from the correct authorities and
write a letter explaining all the efforts you have taken to get one
Even if you send us the above items, this is not a guarantee of acceptance.

Julfox

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
I think our application were delayed due to this reason as under the GCMS notes, security valid but criminality was under process. As we didn’t realise our dependant under 22 was required to submit PCC as we didn’t receive any request for him. Then last month there was an email mentioned that PCC request was outstanding for the dependant and we needed to submit within 30 days.
Just a side note, the dependant under 22 has only resided in Singapore for 11 months after he turned 18 and PCC is still required from IRCC for the 11 months.

Last edited:

mia1588

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
AOR Received.
17-05-2019
Med's Request
09-10-2019
Med's Done....
16-10-2019
Please keep me posted as my parents also completed 2nd medical on December 07 still waiting for update on mycic and ecas.
Definitely! I know one other applicant with a second medical request, they received DM about one week after completing their second medical. Fingers crossed that ours will also get fasting processing at this point!

When did CPC-M ask for 2nd medical? I am May 27 applicant. My GCKEY still shows medical passed NOV 6th 2019 and ECAS shows decision made for both. GCKEY shows in-progress though. No medical request yet.
I am May 17, first medical passed mid Oct 2019 and we received 2nd medical request at the end of Sept this year. Before the second medical request, we saw DM on both sides in ECAS (PA side DM in March 2020), but then the PA side DM changed to IP again when we received our second medical request. Hope you'll get PPR without a second medical though!

barelyhome

Dec 30, 2018
Hi, I have received the passport submission request (PPR) for my parents in India - but it looks like VFS global is not accepting the passports for stamping at their office as per https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/covid-19-updates .

Submission of passport upon receipt of passport request letter from IRCC (via post/courier only). Submission of passport in person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice.

As per https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/news/ircc-request-update I have sent an email to PassportSubmission@vfshelpline.com but no reply. Anyone submitted the passports for stamping - if so, how did you submit?

Last edited:
Reactions: serious_cheese

Nelly85

Nov 16, 2019
Hi! The application to sponsor my parents was received on June 26, 2019. On December 21, 2019 I received the AOR and that’ll. I didn’t receive anything after December 2019. Is anyone in the same boat? Or I need to call IRCC? Thank you!