+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My parents COPR is expiring Dec 23, 2020. It was issued on March 19, 2020
Does anyone know what is the extension procedure if they cannot complete landing due to COVID?
Please help ! any idea
I hope they can extend it. Our parents do not want to travel to Canada right now either.

Would it possible for them to travel here in December?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Today I got the below message. I guess the end is coming soon. I am hoping to get a passport request in March or a little bit later so that it would allow more time for Canada to deal with Covid.

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Latest update:
Review of medical results - December 3, 2020:You passed the medical exam.
No need to worry about timing of PPR now. Your parents' PR visa will be up to December 02, 2021: one more year. Let us hope by that time most of the world population get vaccinated and travel becomes normal.

asad4455

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
I got Acknowledgement from London office on Oct 26,2020 and nothing after that till today.
Today, I see a ghost update and it says "application/profile updated". However, when I check in the application, nothing seems to have change. What could it be?

Reactions: serious_cheese

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
My parents COPR is expiring Dec 23, 2020. It was issued on March 19, 2020
Does anyone know what is the extension procedure if they cannot complete landing due to COVID?
Please help ! any idea
One of my friend’s parents got COPR around first week of march (Valid till Aug end) and she did not want to bring her parents at that moment due to covid.
She sent webform to IRCC seeking extension.
But they said just let us know when they are able to travel.
Now she sent IRCC webform and told them her parents are able to come, so they sent her an email that they are going to extend their documents upto Jan 31st.
So in her case they did not ask her parents to re-do medical or anything else.

Reactions: laxsun

akkireks

Apr 12, 2017
Hi All,

I got a ghost update too on my account. I'm unable to login to my account since teh afternoon, last when I checked it said "application/profile updated" and then changed to "submitted" automatically and then when i click into it.. it gives me bad gateway error
this happening 2-3 times when I tried logging in in the afternoon.
Any idea, what would be the reason?

Application received: May 31, 2019
Additional Docs sent - October 2019
Biometrics, Police certificate requested and submitted - October 2019
Medical requested - Nov 2019 (Mom's medical passed in November and Dad had additional medical requests which lasted all the way until October and finally medical passsed status changed in October 2020, though suddenly last week it changed back to 'medical not needed, will let you know if required')

Today this ghost update.. I'm curious what the next steps would be, hope its some good news!!

asad4455

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Hi All,

I got a ghost update too on my account. I'm unable to login to my account since teh afternoon, last when I checked it said "application/profile updated" and then changed to "submitted" automatically and then when i click into it.. it gives me bad gateway error

Medical requested - Nov 2019 (Mom's medical passed in November and Dad had additional medical requests which lasted all the way until October and finally medical passsed status changed in October 2020, though suddenly last week it changed back to 'medical not needed, will let you know if required')

Today this ghost update.. I'm curious what the next steps would be, hope its some good news!!
What is your local office? Mine is London and got the ghost update as well and unable to login after that.

ferret2019

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
What is your local office? Mine is London and got the ghost update as well and unable to login after that.
Hi All,

I didn't get login issue this afternoon. You can try to clear your cache and try again. Normally "Application/profile updated" means GU, but sometimes it happens when there is a system error/maintenance. Hope it is a real GU and you will get good news soon!

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
@Lobster_a @Feb2004 same for me. did you notice GU also?
For me, there was no GU, only the following changes on the page:
Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
About today’s ghost update,
I also have trouble signing in and see app/profile updated.
So i think its a system glitch and not a real GU since a lot of us are having the same thing.