+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Hey Guys,

Have a quick question.

Got the passport request. As my parents are already in Canada,therefore would be sending the document to Ottawa office. Just want to confirm, do I need to send two separate envelope for each passport , or I can send the documents in one single envelope ?

Thanks in advance
Which date you received passport request, and any updates on ecas or cic account? You have to send in one package only with one self address prepaid envelope of specification from xpresspost only

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
My timeline:
2019.04.24 invitation received
2019.06.13 date received
2019.10.11 AOR
2020.01.27 biometric letter - done in March
2020.01.31 application sent to HongKong Office (email notice)
2020.03.12 request hukou, police cert etc, sent on 2020.03.30
2020.03.16 Medical exam request - done in April. reviewed : passed (2020.04.21)
2020.06.15 bulletin 1: application arrives in HongKong office
2020.06.20 invitation to pre-arrival service letter
2020.08.13 bulletin 2: prearrival letter
2020.08.16 passport request letter
2020.09.18 approved

Hopefully it could be helpful for some ppl to understand/project their timeline.

@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese please add my info in tracker for ppl s reference:

Line # in tracker: if applicable

Sponsored People: 2

Parents Country of Citizenship: China

Sponsor Province: ON

Invitations Receive Date: 2020.04.24

Application received in Ottawa Date: 2020.06.13

AoR Received (DATE): 2020.10.11

Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:

Ecas Status for PR Application.

Sponsorship In process Date:

Sponsorship Decision Made Date: 2020.09.18

Local Visa Office : Hong Kong

Biometric request : 2020.01.27

MyCIC update:

IME request date : 2020.03.16

IME Passed date: 2020.04.21

PCC request: 2020.03.12

Additional document / travel history request date : hukou
Thanks. that will be helpful to other members. Do you know your In Process date as per ecas?

Suthar_shraddha

Feb 18, 2020
Hi .my question is that. me my brother recently are in Canada as a permanent residence and my mother also have p r status in Canada but she left Canada in 2012 and she is right now in india so how she able to apply PRTD ?or what she has to do ? So approved her PRTD. Which documents has require for approval PRTD
And my father was PR previously and he left Canada in 2015 but he lost pr status instead of RO.... (641 days ).in this case what we can do ? So my dad can live with US permanent in Canada please advise me help me. please let me know what should I do ? Your advice is very important for me so please Reply me as soon as possible. thanks

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Hi .my question is that. me my brother recently are in Canada as a permanent residence and my mother also have p r status in Canada but she left Canada in 2012 and she is right now in india so how she able to apply PRTD ?or what she has to do ? So approved her PRTD. Which documents has require for approval PRTD
And my father was PR previously and he left Canada in 2015 but he lost pr status instead of RO.... (641 days ).in this case what we can do ? So my dad can live with US permanent in Canada please advise me help me. please let me know what should I do ? Your advice is very important for me so please Reply me as soon as possible. thanks
If your mother has left Canada in 2012, it means she has already lost her pr status then there is no way to get PRTD.

Suthar_shraddha

Feb 18, 2020

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/understand-pr-status.html

Reactions: YVR123

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Unfortunately I did not write that done when it was in process, as I dont think i checked it regularly.
No problem. I have put your information in the tracker so that others may be able to compare with your timelines.
Congratulations on completion of case and reuniting with your parents! Best wishes!

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015

seehat_inder

Jul 12, 2013
I also got the COPR email today evening tho my CIC account doesn't show that yet...

Have you sent your letter for PR Card ..
OHIP is available in 6 months or 3 any idea ?
I don't know if it is relevant or not. OHIP coverage start right from the same day you applied. No waiting time at all due to COVID. We even got the refund of my parent's visitor visa insurance. Make sure to take address proof with you. Some time service ontario employee does not accept bank letter/statement (the one you get from the bank, they look for the mailed one). So best is make a rental agreement and you get it without a question. We got the ohip coverage from next day i.e. Tuesday.

For PR card, I mailed the letter yesterday.

sujwal

Jan 24, 2013
I don't know if it is relevant or not. OHIP coverage start right from the same day you applied. No waiting time at all due to COVID. We even got the refund of my parent's visitor visa insurance. Make sure to take address proof with you. Some time service ontario employee does not accept bank letter/statement (the one you get from the bank, they look for the mailed one). So best is make a rental agreement and you get it without a question. We got the ohip coverage from next day i.e. Tuesday.

For PR card, I mailed the letter yesterday.
I am not sure of other provinces (may be similar but cant tell) but landed immigrants in Saskatchewan will have their coverage start the same day they arrive in Saskatchewan.