+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

vickcan

Jan 30, 2019
Hi guys please help,

My parents application was received June 18,2019 and is in process for both side since February 07,2020. They are here in Toronto and we requested GCMS note after one month came back without any new information. It just show last update was Feb 07 and" SPR eligibility is not started"
And SA's met for: "blank" status: not started.

I was thinking our application stuck in SSA check as my husband was a cosigner and sponsored in the past, but apparently it's not.

Any thoughts or experience on why there is no progress? !?
Thanks
The application was received on June 24,2019. That is the update came on December 2019. No news after that so far, so frustrating.

Shellygrant

Nov 3, 2020
Hi
I got the biometrics request letter for the 1st applicant only on 4th Oct and still waiting for the 2nd applicant / dependent request letter for biometric . It's almost a month now. Anyone faced this problem and how long did it take to come for the 2nd applicant?

SAM_2014

Oct 17, 2015
Visa Office......
London (Previous MCH Current BWJ)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07- 2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
14-11- 2014
AOR Received.
------
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
14-11-2014
Med's Request
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
07-10- 2015 Ecas Medical have been received 14-10-2015
Interview........
04-10- 2015 (Updated PCC & FORMS)
Passport Req..
08-02 2016 Alhamdolilah
VISA ISSUED...
Passport submitted 11-02-2016 & received 15-03-2016 Alhamdolilah
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
@robertp @laxsun

Line# 347

Please update

Received Medical request from London visa office for my parents today November 3 2020.

CSQ issued on 22nd October 2020.
CSQ received on 28th October 2020.

Regards

Last edited:

ELH

May 26, 2014
I received a request letter from IRCC today ask for a copy of the new passport as my dad’s passport will expire in the next 12 months. Anyone with similar experience? Is that mean our case is likely “approved”? All the background check, criminal check etc. are all passed? How long does it take to PPR after submitting the updated passport? Any experience? Thanks everyone.
For my parents it took about 3 weeks after submitting the passport copies we got the PPR

Parminder Gill

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
Hello,
I have a little situation and I need help if anybody has any suggestions. My parents file was received by CIC onJune 20 and I was approved as an eligible sponsor. We got biometric request and were never able toget them done as the offices closed back in March. However, it is still closed and our file is stuck at NDVO. I am planning to get them here on visitor visa but can they give biometrics here? Or will they accept one given at airport for entry to Canada. is it possible to transfer their file from NDVO to here once they get here?
Any suggestion would be much appreciated.
My parents file is in NDVO too and they were waiting for biometrics since March. Due to vfs closures I decided to get them in canada . They arrived in October 11 and I got a call from service canada for my dad’s biometrics .But still waiting for call for my mom.

abhi.here

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Hi Everyone,

Could somebody please guide what steps needs to be followed to change the contact address when parents arrive in Canada ?

SoontobeCanadian123

Star Member
Apr 20, 2018
@robertp @YULIA-2016
Finally good news my application process has finished with London VO .

Please update Soontobecanadian123 , on my ECAS DM for PA on 29th Oct 2020. Since my parents came to Canada in July on visitor visa so i changed the home address to Canadian address. on MYCIC i saw application approved on 30th Oct. I am still awaiting email from IRCC that will have their landing papers and instructions on what are the next steps.

For my Wife application, Soontobecanadian123(Wife) her application is still in IP in London VO havent received any update for PCC or schedule A or any thing else.

Lobster_a

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Same thing happened to me. They send me the regular mail (why??? no idea). Every other communication was email or online. I have option for email and/or online for communication. So keep an eye on your mail too.
I sent a web form yesterday and called them today! The lady on the phone said we should have received it from mycic but she basically said the letter is requesting to prove my relationship to my parents! I had already sent them my birth certificate! Why are they asking for this again? She said to provide a voter card or school details?
is birth certificate not enough? She said she will send the letter in an email in 2 business days since we didn't receive anything.

Lobster_a

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Whenever they send a request, there's a line in ECAS that: We sent you correspondence on <XXX Date>.....

You mentioned that you received one request on Oct 19th, 2020. Do you see any line in ECAS for October 19th? Because its possible that they posted an update on ECAS little late i.e. on Oct 28, 2020 for the request which was sent out earlier on Oct 19, 2020. Its very unlikely though.

For Oct 28, 2020 correspondence request, if you don't receive anything by Monday you should raise a Case Specific Enquiry. Also, make sure to check all the associated email-ids (sponsor, applicant, representative) for IRCC requests/letters.

I will share my own experience related to email-ids. At the time of application, I entered one email-id for the sponsor and a different email-id for the applicant.

We only used the sponsor email-id for myCIC registration, for raising Case Specific Enquiries or emails to IRCC-Parents-CIC. There was zero communication on the email-id used for applicant, but guess what the golden CoPR email actually came on it.

We hardly used to check that email-id because all the requests/notifications from IRCC used to come only sponsor's email-id. Somehow we randomly checked the other id on the day we got the CoPR email and got the much needed document.
I sent a web form yesterday and called them today! The lady on the phone said we should have received it from mycic but she basically said the letter is requesting to prove my relationship to my parents! I had already sent them my birth certificate! Why are they asking for this again? She said to provide a voter card or school details?
is birth certificate not enough? She said she will send the letter in an email in 2 business days since we didn't receive anything.
Any idea @sg02 ?

abhi.here

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
How much will it take approximately to get COPR if file is at DM2 since March and parents come here and we update the address via webform ?