+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
I really appreciate any help here:

I am a May 15 applicant. My application included my parents and my sister as dependent child. My sister was 22yrs and 5months old in the time of the application. By law, she could not be included in the application. But I did include her adding a cover letter explaining that my sister is still fully dependent (financially as she is full-time student and legally according to the laws of her country). They did not say anything about her being ineligible to be in the application, they asked for her biometrics, her medicals and even sent her a pre-arrival letter. Today, I received a letter saying that she is not eligible to be in the application as a dependent child. They gave us 60 days to provide more info and change their decisions.

I know that according to Canada immigration law she is not a dependent children as she is older than 22 yrs old and as her financial dependence on my parents is not due to a physical/mental conditions. However I have two questions:

1. Why it took them so long to say that she is ineligible? Isn't this one of the first things they check in CPC-M? Asking for her bio, medicals and even sending her pre-arrival letter and now they noticed that she is not eligible? It does seem to me that one officer in CPC-M initially accepted my cover letter and now another officer in my LVO did not accept it. Any thoughts? - It was your choice to add your sister to the file, knowing that you will be getting rej

2. Do you know any similar cases? Is there a way to include my sister as a dependent child as she is financially and legally dependent on my parents?

I appreciate any thoughts or advise.
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew

1. Why it took them so long to say that she is ineligible? Isn't this one of the first things they check in CPC-M? Asking for her bio, medicals and even sending her pre-arrival letter and now they noticed that she is not eligible? It does seem to me that one officer in CPC-M initially accepted my cover letter and now another officer in my LVO did not accept it. Any thoughts? -

It was your choice to add your sister to the file, knowing she is not eligible. Sorry, you have no choice here. They usually ask for everything for all the applicants on the file (bio, medical, etc.). Initially, they just look for file completeness check and once everything is done, it gets handed over to the officer for review.

2. Do you know any similar cases? Is there a way to include my sister as a dependent child as she is financially and legally dependent on my parents?

No, there is no way you can add her.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I really appreciate any help here:

I am a May 15 applicant. My application included my parents and my sister as dependent child. My sister was 22yrs and 5months old in the time of the application. By law, she could not be included in the application. But I did include her adding a cover letter explaining that my sister is still fully dependent (financially as she is full-time student and legally according to the laws of her country). They did not say anything about her being ineligible to be in the application, they asked for her biometrics, her medicals and even sent her a pre-arrival letter. Today, I received a letter saying that she is not eligible to be in the application as a dependent child. They gave us 60 days to provide more info and change their decisions.

I know that according to Canada immigration law she is not a dependent children as she is older than 22 yrs old and as her financial dependence on my parents is not due to a physical/mental conditions. However I have two questions:

1. Why it took them so long to say that she is ineligible? Isn't this one of the first things they check in CPC-M? Asking for her bio, medicals and even sending her pre-arrival letter and now they noticed that she is not eligible? It does seem to me that one officer in CPC-M initially accepted my cover letter and now another officer in my LVO did not accept it. Any thoughts?

I appreciate any thoughts or advise.
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew
sorry to hear about this but you should not have included your sister. I dont think anything could change the decision. Unfortunately, we have to comply with Canadian immigration rules but your sister's country nor her situation.

amop

Feb 28, 2014
Hi, how can i know update on my parent's sponsorship application? application was received june 10th 2019, biometrics done jan 6 2020. no updates since then and nothing on ecas
You can send webform , call CIC or order GCMS notes if you are the representative for the application.

Lil1111

Feb 20, 2017
You need to use a courier service like fedex, dhl, etc.
Thanks!

Talked to Fedex guys. They say they can deliver for sure. But the process to get passports back does not match the process embassy is expecting. Firstly, Fedex don't attach a prepaid courier waybill as requested from the government. Secondly, they say they might need a power of attorney to pick up passports as the embassy might not release the passports to Fedex - we don't mind doing it if this is the way to go though. Thirdly, it is us and not the government who have to notify Fedex to come pick up our passports - not sure how we would know when passport is ready and how to arrange it between the embassy and Fedex.
VAC office just responded saying they will sent our passport to Moscow embassy which is not the embassy we need to send our passports to. I believe, for Kazakhstan, Moscow embassy is for regular tourist visas and not for PR. So it sounds like VAC cannot help us either.
I am very confused about the process on how to arrange the passport delivery to embassy in Warsaw and back. Not sure what to do. In the meantime the time is not waiting and now only 23 days left. : (
If any of you went through this process, please describe how you did it. Any other suggestions/any advice, please.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks!

Talked to Fedex guys. They say they can deliver for sure. But the process to get passports back does not match the process embassy is expecting. Firstly, Fedex don't attach a prepaid courier waybill as requested from the government. Secondly, they say they might need a power of attorney to pick up passports as the embassy might not release the passports to Fedex - we don't mind doing it if this is the way to go though. Thirdly, it is us and not the government who have to notify Fedex to come pick up our passports - not sure how we would know when passport is ready and how to arrange it between the embassy and Fedex.
VAC office just responded saying they will sent our passport to Moscow embassy which is not the embassy we need to send our passports to. I believe Moscow embassy is for regular tourist visas and not for PR.
I am very confused about the process on how to arrange the passport delivery to embassy in Warsaw and back. Not sure what to do. In the meantime the time is not waiting and now only 23 days left. : (
If any of you went through this process, please describe how you did it. Any other suggestions/any advice, please.
Would reach out to the embassy for specific instructions.

gopitaba

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
Any word on NDVO? My parents application is stuck at this center since they have done their medicals. No updates on anything in their file, anyone same situation?

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Can someone please help? Does anyone know if we can postpone landing after visa granted? How long is the visa valid for? My parents prefer staying home for another 6 to 8 months before coming to Canada, it might be best to land next June or July even if visa is granted today.

If you have received visa for your parents, can you please let me know how long the visa is valid for? Thanks.
visa is valid till the medical pass date

Reactions: nguyentu2001

seehat_inder

Jul 12, 2013
Can someone please help? Does anyone know if we can postpone landing after visa granted? How long is the visa valid for? My parents prefer staying home for another 6 to 8 months before coming to Canada, it might be best to land next June or July even if visa is granted today.

If you have received visa for your parents, can you please let me know how long the visa is valid for? Thanks.
My recommendation is to avoid the delay. Below case may help to make your decision. They got the PR in July 2019 and delayed the landing and now struggling.

You choice though.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/family-may-face-nearly-100k-120000149.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAH86ltRKErk2X-uS_XNN36ZuN9V0kO6XWJzjaWQPX-zhumQIYx3ojVYV6HyrnTn1DMyY9ncAxTyxMrbQu-hHneV_ZB81dG7wAhjxmE-MDz9LnDsTX7IRYBdAuZz7zWxBzI2JhLPWFPN0FrOSnTkenahuJT89CAcdbU-iCPcklNyP

Reactions: nguyentu2001

abhionly4u1

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
Hi,

I have situation here and seeking some guidance or if someone also had similar one before.

I have already applied PR for my parents and just waiting on decision as since Mar, all other formalities are completed and expecting passport to be requested for VISA stamping. Currently, my parents are in India but I am planning to have them here in Canada in November, I am anti-cipating that CIC will ask VISA in next 2-3 weeks for VISA which will jeopardize the travel plans.

So, I am asking, if I can update the status in application for future travel using webform if they can be here in Canada so they won't ask VISA stamping in India rather in Canada after they arrive here.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

seehat_inder

Jul 12, 2013
Hi,

I have situation here and seeking some guidance or if someone also had similar one before.

I have already applied PR for my parents and just waiting on decision as since Mar, all other formalities are completed and expecting passport to be requested for VISA stamping. Currently, my parents are in India but I am planning to have them here in Canada in November, I am anti-cipating that CIC will ask VISA in next 2-3 weeks for VISA which will jeopardize the travel plans.

So, I am asking, if I can update the status in application for future travel using webform if they can be here in Canada so they won't ask VISA stamping in India rather in Canada after they arrive here.
I would say wait for them to come here first. Once they are here then you can update the IRCC. In these days, you never know the flights and and govt policies. However, it is good idea to bring them here. It may help the file to process sooner than in India.

SanaLpn123

Oct 6, 2017
Hello,
I have a little situation and I need help if anybody has any suggestions. My parents file was received by CIC onJune 20 and I was approved as an eligible sponsor. We got biometric request and were never able toget them done as the offices closed back in March. However, it is still closed and our file is stuck at NDVO. I am planning to get them here on visitor visa but can they give biometrics here? Or will they accept one given at airport for entry to Canada. is it possible to transfer their file from NDVO to here once they get here?
Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

Reactions: serious_cheese

Jagga_786

Nov 2, 2020
Hello

I have a question. How long does it take to get next steps from CPC Mississauga after Decision made for Principal applicatn. It has been 4 weeks. I haven't heard back from my lawyer since then. They received call to confirm my parents right before Decision made. Nothing since then. I tried calling my lawyer, they said all we can do is wait

Any ideas friends?