+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

husain_PGP

Dec 23, 2017
Hi All,
  • Here is my timeline:

Application date: June 10, 2019
    Sponsorship Approval: October 26, 2020
    Application sent to London Visa Office: October 26, 2020.

My parents are visiting me here in Vancouver, BC. Should I call and let them know that they are temporarily living with me here in Vancouver until November 25, 2020? This might get them to issue PPR via email? But the thing is that my parents have not been requested to undergo medical exam/biometrics or to submit criminal records etc. Please guide me!​
  • EDIT: I have let CIC via webform that they are living with me until November 25, 2020 on my canadian address. Fingers crossed!

nonhill

Apr 20, 2017
Hello, just wanna know if anyone has the same situation:
Our application is in Mississauga. My parents application went DM2 in March, and then the COVID situation started so no updates since then. Earlier this month I found out the application status has changed back to ip. I thought they want additional documents? However it’s been 3 weeks now still no updates. I submitted webform and asks about updates they are saying all the required docs and info has been received.
Just wondering if anyone was the same? My parents medical is about to expire soon.

husain_PGP

Dec 23, 2017
Yes you can update the address via webform but you are at the very initial stages if you haven’t done medicals.
okay. So Medicals are a must? I was wondering if due to covid they might give exemption in that too. Like the many changes that they have made in issuing PR

Bparekh

Oct 27, 2020
Just wanted to share that Service Canada called me to book my mom's biometric appointment and it is scheduled for tomorrow so they are booking appointments for the next day. They called from a private number so please answer those calls when you get them.
Hi, how long it took them to schedule appointment? When did you receive your biometric request?

Parminder Gill

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
Just wanted to share that Service Canada called me to book my mom's biometric appointment and it is scheduled for tomorrow so they are booking appointments for the next day. They called from a private number so please answer those calls when you get them.
Did u receive appointment for principal applicant only or for dependents on application also?
In my case received call for my dad only who is done biometrics today and no call for my mom.

vivek_vig

May 27, 2013
hi, I received a "decision made" for the PR application for my parents on ecas. I do not see any updates on the CIC page. How long does it take for me to see something there. I am SiriA on the tracker.
As per tracker sheet, your application is processed at NDVO. Is that correct? You will be first DM2 from NDVO after a very long time (Apr2020).

ashu.thind

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 05
AOR Received.
Nov 24
Med's Request
Jan 24
Med's Done....
Feb 07 ## Third Line : March 27
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun 10
VISA ISSUED...
June 24
LANDED..........
September 08
As per tracker sheet, your application is processed at NDVO. Is that correct? You will be first DM2 from NDVO after a very long time (Apr2020).
That is really good news. atlast NDVO wakes up from deep sleep

Zimprincess

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2016
We got the biometrics letter on September 26, so just over a month later, we got the call for an appointment.
My mum been waiting since March. We are in Montreal. Anyone in Montreal getting calls?

seehat_inder

Jul 12, 2013
Hello, just wanna know if anyone has the same situation:
Our application is in Mississauga. My parents application went DM2 in March, and then the COVID situation started so no updates since then. Earlier this month I found out the application status has changed back to ip. I thought they want additional documents? However it’s been 3 weeks now still no updates. I submitted webform and asks about updates they are saying all the required docs and info has been received.
Just wondering if anyone was the same? My parents medical is about to expire soon.
You had a DM2 in march and then wen t back to in process? This is strange.

Did you call the IRCC? I would say request the ATIP notes.