+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hi All,
Here is my timeline:

Application date: June 10, 2019
Sponsorship Approval: October 26, 2020
Application sent to London Visa Office: October 26, 2020.

My parents are visiting me here in Vancouver, BC. Should I call and let them know that they are temporarily living with me here in Vancouver until November 25, 2020? This might get them to issue PPR via email? But the thing is that my parents have not been requested to undergo medical exam/biometrics or to submit criminal records etc. Please guide me!
you should still update their address to your canadian address via webform.

Reactions: lenalucky

seehat_inder

Jul 12, 2013
IRCC is calling to check if primary applicants are in Canada. In our case, we received an email request to confirm the current residential address (we might have missed the call from IRCC or they chose to email us for it instead of phone call :)) .

Once we emailed IRCC about the applicant's current residential address (and like-wise other applicants confirmed the address directly over the call), they approved the application and sent the CoPR within 7-9 days (like ours).
@sg02 Have you received the copr? If yes, then was it a regular mail or email or message in my cic? thanks

Verba

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Good day, folks!

Could you please advise if I need to do anything with "observations" required in online account?

I've uploaded the requested documents but there was no option to do anything but actual upload.

Could you please kindly advise, who knows how to deal with this matter?

And, my parents underwent the medical exam on October 28, the dr gave the papers back and noted these should be returned to immigration officer.

I see no option to upload these scanned documents into the accounts. Did anybody have experience with it? Or Dr was wrong and they notify immigration officer themselves?

Thank you!

Lobster_a

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Yes received CoPR via email only, next day after the application was approved.
This morning when I logged into my ecas PR still shows IN progress but when I went into sponsorship application status, there is one more line there saying
"
We sent you correspondence on October 28, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required."

but I haven't received any emails nor there is anything on Mycic. They had asked for address update and dads resume on 19th and i sent that on last Friday. Any idea what this could be? We didn't receive anything yesterday!

seehat_inder

Jul 12, 2013
Yes received CoPR via email only, next day after the application was approved.
I see this morning, ECAS status changed to Complete. I also see the similar line in the details saying that xxx entered Canada at Etobicoke IRCC on October 28, 2020 and became a Permanent Resident.

No Copr yet. But I do see the copr document number and expiry date in the my cic account. Did you receive the email after you see the complete status or before?

Sorry to ask so many question. Bit anxious as I had very bumpy process.

seehat_inder

Jul 12, 2013
This morning when I logged into my ecas PR still shows IN progress but when I went into sponsorship application status, there is one more line there saying
"
We sent you correspondence on October 28, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required."

but I haven't received any emails nor there is anything on Mycic. They had asked for address update and dads resume on 19th and i sent that on last Friday. Any idea what this could be? We didn't receive anything yesterday!
Wait for a day or so....It may come through. Other wise keep checking your mail too.

For me they send the RCMP request via mail (strange). All my other communications were through email or my cic.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,
Here is my timeline:

Application date: June 10, 2019
Sponsorship Approval: October 26, 2020
Application sent to London Visa Office: October 26, 2020.

My parents are visiting me here in Vancouver, BC. Should I call and let them know that they are temporarily living with me here in Vancouver until November 25, 2020? This might get them to issue PPR via email? But the thing is that my parents have not been requested to undergo medical exam/biometrics or to submit criminal records etc. Please guide me!
Yes you can update the address via webform but you are at the very initial stages if you haven’t done medicals.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Good day, folks!

Could you please advise if I need to do anything with "observations" required in online account?

I've uploaded the requested documents but there was no option to do anything but actual upload.

Could you please kindly advise, who knows how to deal with this matter?

And, my parents underwent the medical exam on October 28, the dr gave the papers back and noted these should be returned to immigration officer.

I see no option to upload these scanned documents into the accounts. Did anybody have experience with it? Or Dr was wrong and they notify immigration officer themselves?

Thank you!
Strange, the doctors are the ones who send in their reports. Maybe something got lost in translation. I would call the office and confirm that they had sent in the reports to IRCC.

Reactions: Verba

luckymystery

Champion Member
Aug 5, 2011
Saskatchewan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
AOR on 05-10-11. PER Received on 25-10-11
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
LVO started processing on my file on 04-01-2012
Med's Request
05-1-12 & Recvd on 11-1-12
Med's Done....
20-1-12, received by VO on 09-2-12 & on ecas on 18-02-12
Interview........
Waived :-)
Passport Req..
Step-1 on 05-03-12. Ecas Decision Made on 05-3-12, Step-2 02-5-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-12
LANDED..........
July - 12
@laxsun
Update: got a passport request for my dad today from London visa office.

Thanks to everyone for sharing info n timelines. And good look to every body who are still waiting.

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys please help ,

My parents application was received June 18,2019 and is in process for both side since February 07,2020. They are here in Toronto and we requested GCMS note after one month came back without any new information. It just show last update was Feb 07 and" SPR eligibility is not started"
And SA's met for: "blank" status: not started.

I was thinking our application stuck in SSA check as my husband was a cosigner and sponsored in the pas, but apparently it's not.

Any thoughts or experiences of this long delayed .

Tropics

Star Member
Dec 3, 2016
Just wanted to share that Service Canada called me to book my mom's biometric appointment and it is scheduled for tomorrow so they are booking appointments for the next day. They called from a private number so please answer those calls when you get them.