+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Husazi01

Sep 3, 2016
I just read somewhere on canada.ca that we need to submit Certificat de Selection before the government start processing the application but when I applied I remember reading on the form that we will be notified by mail when we need to apply for Certificat de selection.

Should I apply for Certificat de selection?

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Hello,

Please update the tracker (Line #87). Today the PR Application Status changed from "In Process" to "Decision Made". Haven't received any additional information yet but I am hoping very soon. I'm sure many of us here check for updates everyday, for me I check it every morning with my morning coffee, except today I didn't need caffeine to wake up. I'll keep you guys posted, I always look forward to other members posting updates, gives me hope. I like to mention both my parents are on a Super Visa here in Canada for the past 2 years.

Cheers and GLTA,

Interest to sponsor Submission:
28/01/2019​
Invitations Receive Date:
24/04/2019​
Application received in Ottawa Date:
02/05/2019​
AoR Received (DATE):
11/07/2019​
Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:Decision Made
Ecas Status for PR Application.Decision Made
Sponsorship In process Date:
19/08/2019​
Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
18/02/2020​
PR Application Decision Made Date:
28/10/2020​
Biometric request :
02/03/2020​
MyCIC update:Review of medical result - You passed the medical exam
IME request date :
02/03/2020​
IME Passed date:
19/05/2020​
PCC request:
02/03/2020​
Additional document / travel history request date :
08/01/2020​
When you expect to get COPR?

CSN

Feb 13, 2020
hello all, I am planning to get my dad here in Canada on visitor visa. Have a question - does anyone know about the quarantine plane- can he stay in the same house where i live, but with the isolated room? or it has to be done in a separate property?

Zimprincess

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2016
I just read somewhere on canada.ca that we need to submit Certificat de Selection before the government start processing the application but when I applied I remember reading on the form that we will be notified by mail when we need to apply for Certificat de selection.

Should I apply for Certificat de selection?
I assume you're asking because you're in Quebec?
You will get a leetter telling you to apply for the CSQ. I believe you need to submit that letter with your application. If you haven't yet received the letter, get your application package together anyway as it takes time. That way you're ready to go when you receive the letter. Once you receive CSQ, the province will send it to your local VO, but you can also submit a copy through the webform just in case.
We have a separate thread for CSQ and questions:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/quebec-parents-and-grandparents-sponsorship-2019.624287/page-59#post-8946275

Reactions: Husazi01

geol

Dec 18, 2014
hello all, I am planning to get my dad here in Canada on visitor visa. Have a question - does anyone know about the quarantine plane- can he stay in the same house where i live, but with the isolated room? or it has to be done in a separate property?
Yes, he can stay in the same house in a separate room.

Reactions: CSN

dm31810

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Aor received on sep 10 but I still cannot link application to my cic. I am representative for my parents, so maybe it is a problem? I am trying link to my father's account and it is didn't work too. And if my family is me, my husband, 2 kids, my husband is co signer , and we sponsoring my parents and my brother, which number I need to indicate as part of application? Thank you
Try taking number of people on application as
Sponsor(You)+Co-signor(Your husband)+Applicant(Your father)+dependents(Your mother and brother) = 5
It should work
Best wishes

Reactions: Adelina2091

JuneApplicantCEC

Nov 20, 2015
When you expect to get COPR?
Looking at the tracker data I see it varies from person to person. I don't want to be super optimistic here but I told my parents expect to hear back within a month. Some folks reported few days after the DM they got their COPR. Maybe some of the experts on this board can comment how long it takes to move from PA DM to COPR

Thanks

Reactions: geol

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
They can stay in the same house as you, separate bathroom is preferred. Your plan needs to specify they you will supply them with all the meals and they will stay in one room with a separate bathroom for their use.

Reactions: CSN

owd8112

Oct 28, 2020
Anyone completed the medical exam in December 2019 still waiting for PR?
My parents completed ME in December and I submitted all the additional required document in December last year as well and nothing since then.
Called IRCC this morning, they confirmed they have everything and no extra document is required this time. I asked about the ME expiry date in December, they said they might extend the ME valid date or there is a possibility to do the ME again,
Anyone with similar situation? Thanks

Reactions: lenalucky

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Anyone completed the medical exam in December 2019 still waiting for PR?
My parents completed ME in December and I submitted all the additional required document in December last year as well and nothing since then.
Called IRCC this morning, they confirmed they have everything and no extra document is required this time. I asked about the ME expiry date in December, they said they might extend the ME valid date or there is a possibility to do the ME again,
Anyone with similar situation? Thanks
I've seen a few applicants have to redo medicals.