+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Simran006

Oct 27, 2020
Hello guys,
I have a quick question. I am new here. I am sponsoring my parents and decision made on sponsorship, medical and bio done in Feb March,2020. Case transferred to CPC- Mississauga. Police clearance in June 2020 submitted but no response after that. I ordered notes which says bio prints were of poor quality but they never send any new request for that. What should I do in such case ?

Simran006

Oct 27, 2020
Hello guys,
I have a quick question. I am new here. I am sponsoring my parents and decision made on sponsorship, medical and bio done in Feb March,2020. Case transferred to CPC- Mississauga. Police clearance in June 2020 submitted but no response after that. I ordered notes which says bio prints were of poor quality but they never send any new request for that. What should I do in such case ?
Also I am thinking to call my parents on their visitor visa but I am concerned what if they have some medical issue here, paying those medical bills would not be easy ? I am so confused !! Would that help their immigration file processing if I call them here on their visitor visa ?

MineshPatel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
If your birth certificate has everything correct on it, why did they asked you for aadhar card or voter id to prove relationship between you and your parents?
I know man. They keep asking for same documents over and over again. I willl have to send the same docs i sent 2 weeks ago. That is birth certificate, old indian passports, old school records. Affidavits are not accepted apparently. So that pretty much leaves me with no choice. Can anybody think of any other documents that proves parents relationship with sponsor?
I thought of ration card. Any feedback on that one?

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
I don't think Ankara is processing any PGP applications based on the message on their website:
Special measures – COVID-19
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has implemented special measures to help temporary and permanent residents and applicants affected by COVID-19.

We are only processing the following cases:

• Applications for permanent resident travel documents for individuals who have recently left Canada;
  • Applications for visitor visas for individuals who are immediate family members of Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada; and
  • Applications for visitor visas for individuals who have urgent humanitarian and compassionate reasons for travelling to Canada.
damn it that's right!
so why they sent our applications to Ankara!?

amop

Feb 28, 2014
I know man. They keep asking for same documents over and over again. I willl have to send the same docs i sent 2 weeks ago. That is birth certificate, old indian passports, old school records. Affidavits are not accepted apparently. So that pretty much leaves me with no choice. Can anybody think of any other documents that proves parents relationship with sponsor?
I thought of ration card. Any feedback on that one?
Get a letter/certificate from Indian embassy / consulate to certify the relationship if CIC does not accept birth certificate.

nadeem55

Aug 3, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2011
Doc's Request.
15-04-2011
Nomination.....
????
AOR Received.
25-05-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the initial application to CIO
File Transfer...
20-06-2011 to Buffalo
Med's Request
22-02-2013 from Ottawa
Med's Done....
27-02-2013
Interview........
Wavied :)
Passport Req..
05-04-2013 via Email
VISA ISSUED...
06 May, 2013
LANDED..........
11 May, 2013 Landed Immigrant :)
Hi Guys,

June 2019 applicant here, SA done, file transferred to London visa office March 2020 after biometric request and In Process since March 2020.
Question: is that true Ottawa is making priority who are already in Canada? She's in Pakistan but used to come and go, do you think her application will move forward if she comes here in Canada?

Thanks,
Nadeem

Reactions: serious_cheese

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hi Guys,

June 2019 applicant here, SA done, file transferred to London visa office March 2020 after biometric request and In Process since March 2020.
Question: is that true Ottawa is making priority who are already in Canada? She's in Pakistan but used to come and go, do you think her application will move forward if she comes here in Canada?

Thanks,
Nadeem
It seems like IRCC is prioritizing applicants who are in Canada, if they have a valid visa, it's worth bringing them here and updating their address to Canada via webform

Reactions: lenalucky

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
damn it that's right!
so why they sent our applications to Ankara!?
They determine the LVO based on PA's address so no other option for us. I understand from news that Turkey is doing pretty ok actually so not sure why they don't go back to full staff.

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
They determine the LVO based on PA's address so no other option for us. I understand from news that Turkey is doing pretty ok actually so not sure why they don't go back to full staff.
I just called IRCC and I was told that my application has not been sent to Ankara yet and is still in CPC_M.
I emailed Ankara to get an update and here is the response I got from Ankara:
Due to ongoing efforts to minimize the spread of the Coronavirus disease, we will only be providing essential services for Canadian citizens, Canadian Permanent Residents and their immediate family members. Please visit https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/canadas-reponse.html for more information.

Reactions: Verooney