+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
At least your one stage is complete i.e.sponsorship approval. I am also 14 june 2019 indian applicant. My AOR is 23 October 2019.still waiting for sponsorship approval. In process since 28 th January 2020.ordered GCMS notes in August 2020.found waiting for review by a case officer.
May 17th, 2019, lol Still waiting for SA approval. I ordered notes and I got approved first in September but they didn't work on my file still Dec 2019 and I had to update them on my marital status change.

After that, both files still under process.

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
@YULIA-2016 @robertp

Please update my info:

Line # in tracker:353
Sponsored People:2
Parents Country of Citizenship:Iran
Sponsor Province:ON
Invitations Receive Date:April 25, 2019
Application received in Ottawa Date:May 22, 2019
AoR Received (DATE):September 16, 2019
Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:
Appl. receivedIn ProcessDecision made
Date: May 22, 2019Date: September 16, 2019 Date: September 26, 2019
Ecas Status for permanent resident Application:
Date: May 22, 2019Date: January 29, 2020Date: -
Local Visa Office Name:Ankara
Biometric request :September 27, 2019
MyCIC update:Review of medical results - October 20, 2020: You passed the medical exam.
IME (Medical )
IME RequestIME Passed
Date: September 23, 2019Date: October 17, 2019
PCC request:September 27, 2019
Additional document / travel history request date :July 23, 2019 - IMM5669, CV, Travel history
PR decision made date :
PPR date :
Comment / additional information :Application transferred to LoV on February 24, 2020
Hi Martin
I'm a May 9 applicant and finally after 17 months I got DM1 last week and my file is transferred to Ankara like yours.
I see in your timeline that you got medical request before DM1? Is that right? How long did it take for Ankara LVO to request PCC and Medical after your DM1?

thanks!

Leonora7

Star Member
May 4, 2019
Hello Folks,

My PGP application not moving an inch since Feb , Still it shows we are processing it and doing background checks , any one knows how long it will take to complete background checks ? I am very concerned. I am June 14 Applicant and visa office is NDVO. Other candidates whose application date is after June 14 are moved to "in-progress" where as I am still at "Application received" status.

Current ecas status is :

Sponsorship application Status : Decision made
Permanent Resident Application Status : Application received

Can some one please throw some light on this issue. Thank you in advance.
Hi, Our application was received on 6 June and we are at the same stage as yourself since 15 Jan. I believe priority is being given to those who are already resident in Canada on visitor or other visas. Our visa office is CPC-Mississauga. We are currently considering coming out to Canada for a few weeks and changing the address in an effort to push the application forwards. Otherwise, I fear that there is nothing we can do but wait :(

Reactions: serious_cheese

neochanges1

Aug 27, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
My in-laws are in Canada and last update was January 29 2020 to submit biometrics. I think if they got medical pre-covid, they are probably on IRCC's list to expedite since they are already in the Country sadly that didn't happen. We requested for GCMS and it said that their file has been transferred to Manila VO for processing... after that radio silence.

sg02

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
Not sure if anyone tried but after receiving the approval for PR application earlier today, I just randomly tried to link my mom's hypothetical "Permanent Resident Card" application (different from "Permanent Residency" application). Guess what, I was able to successfully search and link it using the known details + I entered landed date as today's date (and it worked).

So now I see two different statuses for these applications as below:
1) Permanent Resident Card - Submitted
2) Permanent Residency - Approved

I believe once they ship the physical PR card (not CoPR), then only the status of Permanent Resident Card application will get changed to "Approved".

But for now, I am still waiting for PPR email from IRCC or instructions on how to download CoPR so that we can finally apply for the PR card.
Another update on ECAS for PA. It changed from "Decision Made" to "Complete" early morning (maybe last night) with a line added in the end as:
XXX entered Canada at Etobicoke IRCC on October 26, 2020 and became a Permanent Resident.

So here's the summary if it helps:

1) IRCC is calling the applicants who are already in Canada as per their records. They must have called us too but we somehow missed it, so we got an email request to confirm current residential address.
2) Once confirmed the applicant is in Canada, IRCC processes the application immediately.
3) The PPR (passport request for stamping) is being skipped here and the CoPR is being sent directly over email. (We are still waiting for CoPR email though).
4) Even the flag-poling is not required anymore. It was a process for initiating the PR Card by submitting one copy of CoPR (with photo) after crossing the border.
5) Now we just need to print and mail CoPR (with photo) to Etobicoke office and they will send the PR card in few weeks. Moreover with "PR Card" application separately linked in MyCIC, it will be easier to check status and verify if IRCC has mailed the PR card.

rohanss

Star Member
Jul 21, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My parents are in India. They got biometrics request recently. Just found out that VFS offices are closed temporarily. Anyone in this situation? Any suggestions

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
@YULIA-2016 @robertp

Please update my info:

Line # in tracker:353
Sponsored People:2
Parents Country of Citizenship:Iran
Sponsor Province:ON
Invitations Receive Date:April 25, 2019
Application received in Ottawa Date:May 22, 2019
AoR Received (DATE):September 16, 2019
Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:
Date: May 22, 2019Date: September 16, 2019 Date: September 26, 2019
Ecas Status for permanent resident Application:
Date: May 22, 2019Date: January 29, 2020Date: -
Local Visa Office Name:Ankara
Biometric request :September 27, 2019
MyCIC update:Review of medical results - October 20, 2020: You passed the medical exam.
IME (Medical )
IME RequestIME Passed
Date: September 23, 2019Date: October 17, 2019
PCC request:September 27, 2019
Additional document / travel history request date :July 23, 2019 - IMM5669, CV, Travel history
PR decision made date :
PPR date :
Comment / additional information :Application transferred to LoV on February 24, 2020
Were the medicals done a second time?

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
Hi Martin
I'm a May 9 applicant and finally after 17 months I got DM1 last week and my file is transferred to Ankara like yours.
I see in your timeline that you got medical request before DM1? Is that right? How long did it take for Ankara LVO to request PCC and Medical after your DM1?

thanks!
I don't think Ankara is processing any PGP applications based on the message on their website:
Special measures – COVID-19
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has implemented special measures to help temporary and permanent residents and applicants affected by COVID-19.

We are only processing the following cases:

• Applications for permanent resident travel documents for individuals who have recently left Canada;
  • Applications for visitor visas for individuals who are immediate family members of Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada; and
  • Applications for visitor visas for individuals who have urgent humanitarian and compassionate reasons for travelling to Canada.

pmanak

Oct 24, 2020
Hello Guys,

My parents are here in Canada on super visa and its been more than 6 months. I went to our nearest Police station to get the Police certificate but they mentioned that as per immigration ,no Police certificate is required from Canada side. Is that true or we do need PCC from Canada also , as its more than 6 + months ?
They mentioned this article :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/canada.html

which states that You don’t need to provide a police certificate when you apply for permanent residence in Canada .

Thanks in advance

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hello Guys,

My parents are here in Canada on super visa and its been more than 6 months. I went to our nearest Police station to get the Police certificate but they mentioned that as per immigration ,no Police certificate is required from Canada side. Is that true or we do need PCC from Canada also , as its more than 6 + months ?

Thanks in advance
no pcc required for canada

Reactions: pmanak

MartinXenix

Jun 19, 2014
ON
Hi Martin

thanks!
Hi Roya,

I double checked and the dates are correct. It could be that the DM1 dates is published on ECAS with some delay.

In any case, all the requests (Medical, Biometrics, PCC, and additional documents) were requested in 2019 and our file was only sent to Ankara in Feb 2020. So I guess these timelines are rather independent. Maybe more-experienced users can comment on this?

Reactions: Roya-FSW