+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hi,
Is anyone have similar situation like me. My mom application receive date is 03Jun2019 and this status not changed from Last October. She is with us in Canada for more than 18 months. I had extended her VISA due to CV-19, we thought she will get the PR so that we don't need to send her back INDIA. Due to current situation, i don't think this is going to happen.
Any suggestion to follow up on application status other than calling immigration contact number (i have done 3 times already)...
Really appreciated valuable responses.
Best Regards
Vas.
order GCSM notes/ contact your MP. Your application may be stuck on social services check

migratecanada2012

Jul 7, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
14-06-2019
AOR Received.
23-10-2019
File Transfer...
13-02-2020
Hello Folks,

My PGP application not moving an inch since Feb , Still it shows we are processing it and doing background checks , any one knows how long it will take to complete background checks ? I am very concerned. I am June 14 Applicant and visa office is NDVO. Other candidates whose application date is after June 14 are moved to "in-progress" where as I am still at "Application received" status.

Current ecas status is :

Sponsorship application Status : Decision made
Permanent Resident Application Status : Application received

Can some one please throw some light on this issue. Thank you in advance.

MartinXenix

Jun 19, 2014
ON
Hi everyone,

My parents are coming to Canada as visitors next week. Should I change their address on ECAS to my address in Canada, assuming that CIC gives priority to parents already in Canada? Their files is at DM1 and the current address is in Iran.

Thanks

Reactions: lenalucky

sujwal

Jan 24, 2013
Hi everyone,

My parents are coming to Canada as visitors next week. Should I change their address on ECAS to my address in Canada, assuming that CIC gives priority to parents already in Canada? Their files is at DM1 and the current address is in Iran.

Thanks
Yes change their address after they are in Canada.

Reactions: MartinXenix

ELH

May 26, 2014
Good morning everyone,

I woke up this morning on an amazing news.. we got the PPR letter today from the Embassy in Egypt. I also checked the status online and saw the DM2 for the Permanent Residence App.

I am over the moon with this updates - thanks to everyone in this forums and good luck to all who are still waiting on updates. BE HOPEFUL things will work out for you all when the time is right.

@YULIA-2016 @robertp please update the tracker

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Good morning everyone,

I woke up this morning on an amazing news.. we got the PPR letter today from the Embassy in Egypt. I also checked the status online and saw the DM2 for the Permanent Residence App.

I am over the moon with this updates - thanks to everyone in this forums and good luck to all who are still waiting on updates. BE HOPEFUL things will work out for you all when the time is right.

@YULIA-2016 @robertp please update the tracker
Congrats! are your parents already in Canada?

Wik.haider

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Hi seniors,
Please update tracker row 41. PA DM and PPR both happened today today i.e 27th Oct.

Also I have one question, it says determine if you need a visa. How to do that? The link provided to determine if they need a visa has no option on landing as a PR. Link: https://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/visit/visas.asp

Parents are currently in Pakistan and do have a valid visitor visa.

Thanks

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hi seniors,
Please update tracker row 41. PA DM and PPR both happened today today i.e 27th Oct.

Also I have one question, it says determine if you need a visa. How to do that? The link provided to determine if they need a visa has no option on landing as a PR. Link: https://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/visit/visas.asp

Parents are currently in Pakistan and do have a valid visitor visa.

Thanks
If they have a valid visitor visa, they should be able to come to Canada

Reactions: Wik.haider

Wik.haider

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
If they have a valid visitor visa, they should be able to come to Canada
Yes but in that case do I need to submit the passport to Islamabad or just upload it online into the account and they will send the COPR.
Their letter is pretty vague giving both options but not explicitly stating which one applies in our case.

STEP 2: Passport Requirements – Determine if you need to submit your passport(s)
 Determine whether you require a visa to enter Canada at:
www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/visit/visas.asp (this link is useless)
 Please note that if you or your accompanying family members are permanent residents of
the U.S.A and a holder of a passport which requires a visa to enter Canada, you are still
required to submit your passport(s).

If you require a visa to enter Canada, then submit your passport(s):
 Please provide your valid passport or travel document and a valid passport or travel
document for each accompanying family member. An accompanying family member
must have his or her own passport or travel document.
 There must be at least two blank pages in your passport(s).
 Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or
Military passports or travel documents.
 All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on
the bio-data page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the
passport; there cannot be any loose pages.
 Your Permanent Resident document(s) will expire one year after the date of your
medical examinations or earlier if your passport or the passports of your spouse or
dependant children (if applicable) expire on an earlier date.

If you do not require a visa to enter Canada:
 Please submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments
of the valid passport for you and one for each accompanying family member.
 Your Permanent Resident document(s) will expire one year after the date of your
medical examinations or earlier if your passport or the passports of your spouse or
 Please note that you cannot use a Diplomatic, Official or Military passport to travel to
Canada to become a permanent resident of Canada. You must be in possession of an
ordinary passport.

Reactions: serious_cheese

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Yes but in that case do I need to submit the passport to Islamabad or just upload it online into the account and they will send the COPR.
Their letter is pretty vague giving both options but not explicitly stating which one applies in our case.

STEP 2: Passport Requirements – Determine if you need to submit your passport(s)
 Determine whether you require a visa to enter Canada at:
www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/visit/visas.asp (this link is useless)
 Please note that if you or your accompanying family members are permanent residents of
the U.S.A and a holder of a passport which requires a visa to enter Canada, you are still
required to submit your passport(s).

If you require a visa to enter Canada, then submit your passport(s):
 Please provide your valid passport or travel document and a valid passport or travel
document for each accompanying family member. An accompanying family member
must have his or her own passport or travel document.
 There must be at least two blank pages in your passport(s).
 Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or
Military passports or travel documents.
 All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on
the bio-data page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the
passport; there cannot be any loose pages.

If you do not require a visa to enter Canada:
 Please submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments
of the valid passport for you and one for each accompanying family member.
 Please note that you cannot use a Diplomatic, Official or Military passport to travel to
Canada to become a permanent resident of Canada. You must be in possession of an
ordinary passport.
I think in your case, they need to submit pp to islamabad since typically pakistani citizens require visas to visit canada. I think the second option is for citizens of nations that do not require a visa to visit canada like the US, EU countries, etc.

Reactions: Wik.haider

MartinXenix

Jun 19, 2014
ON
@YULIA-2016 @robertp

Please update my info:

Line # in tracker:353
Sponsored People:2
Parents Country of Citizenship:Iran
Sponsor Province:ON
Invitations Receive Date:April 25, 2019
Application received in Ottawa Date:May 22, 2019
AoR Received (DATE):September 16, 2019
Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:
Appl. receivedIn ProcessDecision made
Date: May 22, 2019Date: September 16, 2019 Date: September 26, 2019
Ecas Status for permanent resident Application:
Appl. receivedIn ProcessDecision made
Date: May 22, 2019Date: January 29, 2020Date: -
Local Visa Office Name:Ankara
Biometric request :September 27, 2019
MyCIC update:Review of medical results - October 20, 2020: You passed the medical exam.
IME (Medical )
IME RequestIME Passed
Date: September 23, 2019Date: October 17, 2019
PCC request:September 27, 2019
Additional document / travel history request date :July 23, 2019 - IMM5669, CV, Travel history
PR decision made date :
PPR date :
Comment / additional information :Application transferred to LoV on February 24, 2020

morinda

Feb 2, 2019
Hello Folks,

My PGP application not moving an inch since Feb , Still it shows we are processing it and doing background checks , any one knows how long it will take to complete background checks ? I am very concerned. I am June 14 Applicant and visa office is NDVO. Other candidates whose application date is after June 14 are moved to "in-progress" where as I am still at "Application received" status.ì

Current ecas status is :

Sponsorship application Status : Decision made
Permanent Resident Application Status : Application received

Can some one please throw some light on this issue. Thank you in advance.
At least your one stage is complete i.e.sponsorship approval. I am also 14 june 2019 indian applicant. My AOR is 23 October 2019.still waiting for sponsorship approval. In process since 28 th January 2020.ordered GCMS notes in August 2020.found waiting for review by a case officer.