+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

montu5742

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Don't think they will ask for biometric if they did one in the last 10 years, they sent me same letter last week without biometric.
Ahh, good to know.

So you have the sam SA letter with PCC in it ?

Do I get my money back though ? I have already paid for Bio Metrics when I have applied for PR application.

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
Hi I am not in the tracker.

What information do you need from my end ?

Yeah the SA letter has the bunch of documentation for us to submit ( Travel IMM5562, PCC, CV of my parents )

I have yet to receive the Bio Metric request though so not sure when that's gonna come.

Actually my parents were here in Canada , when I applied for their PR and now they are back in India.

My LVO is Mississauga as my parents were here in Canada.
thanks for the info. I think we had similar timelines, when did you submit your application?

Also, now that you received the DM email, has anything changed in your MyCIC account? what's the latest status there?

FMM_Guy

Oct 31, 2017
Fort McMurray
Category........
Hi I am May 2019 applicant. I called the CIC call center today regarding my application status and they mentioned criminal background check has been completed and we are currently doing security check. Is anyone knows how long it will take for them to finish security check?

They already received Medical in Feb and other document which they requested (passport copies, CVs and all).

Reactions: Omega79

montu5742

Star Member
May 12, 2014
thanks for the info. I think we had similar timelines, when did you submit your application?

Also, now that you received the DM email, has anything changed in your MyCIC account? what's the latest status there?
They have received my application on June 13,2019.

I have received my AOR around Oct 2019 and SA file was "In Process" since Jan 2020

MyCIC ( Gckey ) account has the following information as of just now.

I haven't got anything in regards to medical or medical exam at all but MyCIC account says "we are reviewing the medical exam results" :oops:

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • We are reviewing the results of your medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

@Verooney Do you have the same status ? your LVO is Mississauga as well ?

@Verooney I have just received the medical request for both of my parents

Last edited:

Husazi01

Sep 3, 2016
I just got an email for Biometric collection. I have a few question. The letter list the steps that needs to be taken based on where the applicant is living. My mother in law is currently living with us here in Montreal. Service Canada website says that they will contact to give an appointment. How does the government know my mother is in Canada. We have also applied for her Visa extension and we got a biometric collection letter in July. We have are getting closer to the end of the 6 month extension that we applied and we didn't have approval for that. Can we apply for another extension given travel to her home country is still difficult.

iliveinbanff

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-04-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
Hey guys, hope all is well and healthy. I was checking my mom's PGP application via her cic account. Its says updated but when i checked nothing has been change. Wionder what is was.

montu5742

Star Member
May 12, 2014
They have received my application on June 13,2019.

I have received my AOR around Oct 2019 and SA file was "In Process" since Jan 2020

MyCIC ( Gckey ) account has the following information as of just now.

I haven't got anything in regards to medical or medical exam at all but MyCIC account says "we are reviewing the medical exam results" :oops:

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • We are reviewing the results of your medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

@Verooney Do you have the same status ? your LVO is Mississauga as well ?
@Verooney I have just now received the medical request for both of my parents

sue_c26

May 19, 2014
Hello there. I just want to know if anyone of you has the same case as me. I applied for my parents last May 2019. My mother is currently in Canada while my father is in his home country. Everythign has been submitted and we are on the stage waiting for passport requests. We havent received any passport request yet but I did get a call from immigration office telling me that my mom will not be approved unless my father is in Canada too. I wonder why... Is this how it is? THanks...

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hello there. I just want to know if anyone of you has the same case as me. I applied for my parents last May 2019. My mother is currently in Canada while my father is in his home country. Everythign has been submitted and we are on the stage waiting for passport requests. We havent received any passport request yet but I did get a call from immigration office telling me that my mom will not be approved unless my father is in Canada too. I wonder why... Is this how it is? THanks...
both applicants need to do landing at the same time

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
But she is in Canada and processing within Canada
There is no category for Parents/Grandparents in Canada application. (Only Inland spouse and Outland Spouse). So you should select a sponsorship spouse, parents/grandparents outside Canada.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
we received medical requests for my parents today.

For those in Hanoi Vietnam, I assume you would go to the below address?
City: Hanoi
Name: International Organization for Migration (IOM) in Hanoi
Address: 23rd Floor, Building 72 Keangnam Hanoi Landmark Tower,
Pham Hung Street,
Me Tri Ward,
Nam Tu Liem,
(This panel physician or clinic provides services paid by Interim Federal Health Program. Ce professionnel désigné ou cette clinique offrent des services payés par le Programme fédéral de santé intérimaire.)
Telephone: +84.24 3736 6258
Mobile: 0934660148
Spoken Languages: English, Vietnamese

MEDICAL REPORT CLIENT BIODATA AND SUMMARY

These medical instructions are being issued as your immigration application has reached the stage where medical examination results are now required. Please read these instructions carefully. When to complete your Immigration Medical Examination You are required to undergo the medical examination within 90 days of the date of this letter. Failure to do so may result in the refusal of your immigration application.

Reactions: serious_cheese

Julfox

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
I just got an email for Biometric collection. I have a few question. The letter list the steps that needs to be taken based on where the applicant is living. My mother in law is currently living with us here in Montreal. Service Canada website says that they will contact to give an appointment. How does the government know my mother is in Canada. We have also applied for her Visa extension and we got a biometric collection letter in July. We have are getting closer to the end of the 6 month extension that we applied and we didn't have approval for that. Can we apply for another extension given travel to her home country is still difficult.
We are in the same boat. Need to do biometric here in Canada while awaiting for phone appointment from Service Canada. U need to send webform to IRCC and let them know yr mum is currently in Canada and update her Canadian address.

Reactions: Husazi01

DJay1234

Apr 27, 2016
Hi all, I'd applied for PGP in Jun,19 and after so much wait received a request for biometric for parents. However my parents are in India and as per CIC's websites all the VAC's are closed until further notice. The letter says we've 90 days to do it but worried how to get it done when the centres are closed ?? Pls advice. Thanks in advance!!