+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

cec_abc

Apr 2, 2013
Hello, received GCMS notes today but I didn't know which section is the useful part. I saw these lines below that I thought quite useful. But other than that, anything else I should pay attention to in the note?

================
Assessments:
Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started
================

Thanks!

montu5742

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Hi
I have finally received SA approval today but in the PDF letter they say that they will do further processing in CPC Mississauga. Means my parents PR will get process in CPC Mississauga office.
When I have applied for their PR they were here with me on visitor visa, however afterwards they have returned to India as their visa validity is over.

I am just curious to know if this is normal ?!

should I let them know about their return journey to India and they are residing in India now ?!

they also hadn’t sent me the bio metric request yet, does bio metric request take time to come after SA approval ??

Reactions: serious_cheese

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
I have finally received SA approval today but in the PDF letter they say that they will do further processing in CPC Mississauga. Means my parents PR will get process in CPC Mississauga office.
When I have applied for their PR they were here with me on visitor visa, however afterwards they have returned to India as their visa validity is over.

I am just curious to know if this is normal ?!

should I let them know about their return journey to India and they are residing in India now ?!

they also hadn’t sent me the bio metric request yet, does bio metric request take time to come after SA approval ??
Yes you should send in a webform updating that they have returned to India and their address. They may still be processed through Mississauga.

montu5742

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Yes you should send in a webform updating that they have returned to India and their address. They may still be processed through Mississauga.
Thank You !
I will do that.

They already ask me to submit their PCC in the PDF letter but have yet to receive email about bio metric. Is this normal ?!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all, per the tracker visa offices around the world are starting to make updates however NDVO is one of the few where there is no update since August. Is there any indication of whether the PGP 2019 applications with NDVO will be included in the push IRCC has promised for before December 2020? I find it quite strange that they can't have their staff work from home. I understand internet in Delhi should be pretty good especially in the place where the embassy folks are living. At what point would it be valid to look in to this from a legal action standpoint? After 2 years have passed? My mom lives by herself and is aging, missing precious time with her grandkids, and some folks are ahead in the process even though their applications were submitted after mine. I regret not submitting the application sooner so it wouldn't have been part of the overflow transfer to unresponsive NDVO.
Parent sponsorship is not included in the family reunification push. That is for spouses and dependent children. Those applications will also still face delays but there is a push to try to limit the delays versus keep adding more delays. Most will still wait over a year to get approved. Your mother has the ability to visit Canada or apply for a supervisa while she waits for her PGP application to be processed. The estimated processing time is 18-24 months (I believe) so your application hasn’t exceeded the processing time. Parent sponsorship is not a priority since it is in general a cost to the taxpayer and there are other options like a supervisa. Most Canadian employees returned to Canada due to covid In India and the health system being overwhelmed in the country which is why they are only able to process emergencies.

Mandriva

Jun 19, 2014
Could someone advice please?

My parents have valid Immigrant visas and COPRs. They were issued about 2 weeks ago and they will expire on December 8th.
My parents are located in Russia.

Do they need to apply for a travel authorization or they don't? They will be landing in Pearson.

Thank you!

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Could someone advice please?

My parents have valid Immigrant visas and COPRs. They were issued about 2 weeks ago and they will expire on December 8th.
My parents are located in Russia.

Do they need to apply for a travel authorization or they don't? They will be landing in Pearson.

Thank you!
I don't think they need any travel authorization after having immigrant visa.

Reactions: Rhill

Lobster_a

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Can someone pls help with below question?
My parents are here with me on super visa-
Their super visa expires in March and their entry seal has 14 Mar 2021 as the stamped date.
I got a request from CIC asking their current address and their projected periodof stay! What should I write?? Since we will be applying for super visa extension!!
Pls help!!

qjzhou

May 4, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone pls help with below question?
My parents are here with me on super visa-
Their super visa expires in March and their entry seal has 14 Mar 2021 as the stamped date.
I got a request from CIC asking their current address and their projected periodof stay! What should I write?? Since we will be applying for super visa extension!!
Pls help!!
Currently, IRCC is prioritized to process the application whose parents are inland. They regularly sent emails or call the applicants/representative to confirm if their parents are actually in Canada. So you'd better reply to them ASAP with the actual status, then you will receive DM2 and virtual landing very soon.

No need to worry about the super visa extension. It does not influence the PGP application.