+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Vic R

Mar 23, 2016
Hello Friends, I had been waiting for DM 2 since Dec 2019, it's going to be almost 11 months since my mom completed her all milestones of the application. Don't know what is happening with NDVO. if they closed all operations.

In the meantime, I was going through some OHIP eligibility and found something new

It states that Applications of Permanent Residence are eligible for OHIP coverage
Who qualifies

have applied for permanent residence, and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada has confirmed that:
  • you meet the eligibility requirements to apply
  • you have not yet been denied
To my understanding, any applicant of PR who has met the eligibility requirements of PR can qualify for OHIP coverage.

Any experienced friend can comment on this?

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
LVO - New Delhi
I am waiting for PCC and IME request for my parent's application. They received the biometrics request in March 2020. Today I logged in to their CIC account and it said application updated, on looking further into it, there was no change in their profile.

I checked the ecas status too, nothing changed. Anyone having a similar experience ?

Reactions: serious_cheese

sislam1

May 25, 2020
Hello, our family is a bit confused and wanted to see what you guys think about sponsoring parents and grandparents.

My sister: Canadian Citizen, not in Canada at the moment but preparing to go back early next year, plans delayed due to Covid crisis

My sister's daughter: Canadian citizen, working in Canada.

Me: Canadian PR, plans to go to Canada delayed due to Covid.

My niece, (my sister's daughter), wanted to apply for both grandparents but cannot since her 2019 and 2018 income is slightly below threshold. She was thinking of applying for the Super Visa.

If my niece applies for the Super Visa for her grandparents, which she meets the income threshold for, it takes upto a year and the amount of paperwork seems almost the same as applying for the grandparents/parents immigration. If she applies for the super visa, will it be an issue if we end up applying for immigration visa say in 2021?

What I am also confused about is that both my parents are financially able to support themselves in Canada. Does that carry no weight in the application for immigration? Second, is there any weight in the application since I am a PR, daughter is a citizen and so are their grandchildren.

Should we just rest our case and just simply apply for a visitors visa for the time being? We are utterly confused, but we all want to be together in Canada. I would be very upset not having my parents be there with us next year in Canada.

Thanks!

ashu.thind

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 05
AOR Received.
Nov 24
Med's Request
Jan 24
Med's Done....
Feb 07 ## Third Line : March 27
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun 10
VISA ISSUED...
June 24
LANDED..........
September 08
Hello Friends, I had been waiting for DM 2 since Dec 2019, it's going to be almost 11 months since my mom completed her all milestones of the application. Don't know what is happening with NDVO. if they closed all operations.

In the meantime, I was going through some OHIP eligibility and found something new

It states that Applications of Permanent Residence are eligible for OHIP coverage
Who qualifies

have applied for permanent residence, and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada has confirmed that:
To my understanding, any applicant of PR who has met the eligibility requirements of PR can qualify for OHIP coverage.

Hi Vic,

I have been following up on this since last month. Visited the Service Ontario center thrice explaining all the situation to them. Apparently either the service ontario reps are not familiar with the situation or they were not trained for this situation.

When asked, they give a call to their higher ups and the only response i get after is they need a document that says that applicant is eligeble. My repeated argument to them is the govt of canada does not provide any such letter. As per my experience, its the Medical passed and then the DM2 ( which is ghost update ) and the COPR / PPR. they were not ready to listen to this argument and denied the application.

I took the denial form in written and got the email for review committee, attached all the documents and sent them.

on the other hand, i had also contacted the local MPP and explained the story, they did gave me a call back and asked to explain in detail, which i did. They said, they will reach out to me as soon as possible and will try to resolve it.

Will update on the forum if I get any positive news.

If eligible, the OHIP is granted for 1 year after the application is approved

ankit1703

Star Member
Sep 9, 2013
Gurgaon
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
Nomination.....
09-05-2014
AOR Received.
N.A. for NDVO
IELTS Request
Submitted with the file
File Transfer...
18-08-2014
Med's Request
09-10-2014
Med's Done....
15-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting for Dream Come true
Hello Friends

I submitted the application to sponsor my parents in 2019 and the application was received by IRCC in June 2019.

Query1: IRCC has requested to submit biometrics by mid December 2020 and VFS center is currently closed in India. Also, my mother is currently in Canada and service Canada is also not accepting Biometrics. How should i inform IRCC that there will be delay in submitting it?

Query2:
How to inform IRCC if there is change in personal circumstance like birth of a child, will this impact my application processing?

Query3: Got another email from IRCC to submit below documents, is this normal?

Passport/Travel Document: Your relative must submit a copy of their passport. If your relative's passport has expired or will expire within the next 12 months, please have them apply for and submit a copy of their new passport with a validity of 12 months or more. Please ensure to include all pages of the passport.
 Biometrics (if applicable): On July 31st, 2018, biometrics became a requirement for some IRCC applicants. If your relatives are required to complete biometrics, they would have received a request for fees and an instruction letter with details on how to submit biometrics. If they have yet to submit biometrics, they should do so immediately. Biometrics requirements can be found on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp
 Police Certificate: For the principal applicant and dependant spouse (if applicable), please provide police certificates from:
 The country where they currently live; and
 Any country they have lived for six months or more (if applicable).
Your relative is required to obtain the police certificate from that country's law enforcement authorities. Please send a copy of the original police certificate to this office as soon as they receive it. Instructions to obtain Police Certificates can be found on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp.
 Country Specific Requirements: Please refer to the country specific requirements listed for spouses, as these documents are applicable to parents and grandparents. Country specific requirements can be found on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp
 Supplementary Information - Your Travels (IMM 5562): The principal applicant and all family members included in the application who are 18 years of age or older must complete this form.
 Details of Military Service - IMM 5546 (if applicable): Complete this form for anyone included on the application who has ever held a high ranking/senior official government position or served in the military, army, defence or police unit, (including National Service), and submit a copy of the military card/booklet, including blank pages, if applicable.
 CV/Resume: Please provide a CV/Resume for the principal applicant and dependent spouse (if applicable) detailing education and employment information from the age of 18.

Can anyone share CV/Resume format??

Query4:
Did not get any details for medical invite, is this normal.??

gopitaba

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
LVO - New Delhi
I am waiting for PCC and IME request for my parent's application. They received the biometrics request in March 2020. Today I logged in to their CIC account and it said application updated, on looking further into it, there was no change in their profile.

I checked the ecas status too, nothing changed. Anyone having a similar experience ?

I am in same boat as you, My father completed his medicals and biometric in month of March, I don't see any updates on his file since then (atleast saying received).

Reactions: reezam

sujwal

Jan 24, 2013
LVO - New Delhi

Thats a good sign, it seems they are working on your file, you may be getting something soon. However, there were few instances in my file I saw Application updated but never received anything. Every application is different, best wishes for you.

Reactions: reezam

sujwal

Jan 24, 2013

Who qualifies

NDVO is open but limited.

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
Thats a good sign, it seems they are working on your file, you may be getting something soon. However, there were few instances in my file I saw Application updated but never received anything. Every application is different, best wishes for you.
Thank you. Wish you the same :)

Vic R

Mar 23, 2016
Hi Ashu,

Thanks for giving this update, I was thinking of following up the same route. I checked the websites of all the locations Service Ontario's office in GTA and found only one service center's website does not state that they can not do OHIP card for temporary residents. rest all Service Ontario locations mention they don't process such applications.

I think this can be done only through the full-service Ontario location, not from the private service Ontario locations.

Thanks

Hi Vic,

I have been following up on this since last month. Visited the Service Ontario center thrice explaining all the situation to them. Apparently either the service ontario reps are not familiar with the situation or they were not trained for this situation.

When asked, they give a call to their higher ups and the only response i get after is they need a document that says that applicant is eligeble. My repeated argument to them is the govt of canada does not provide any such letter. As per my experience, its the Medical passed and then the DM2 ( which is ghost update ) and the COPR / PPR. they were not ready to listen to this argument and denied the application.

I took the denial form in written and got the email for review committee, attached all the documents and sent them.

on the other hand, i had also contacted the local MPP and explained the story, they did gave me a call back and asked to explain in detail, which i did. They said, they will reach out to me as soon as possible and will try to resolve it.

Will update on the forum if I get any positive news.

If eligible, the OHIP is granted for 1 year after the application is approved