+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ask your MP to contact social service office in your area and they will be able to locate the request from IRCC.

In my case Social service got a request from IRCC in December 2019 and they replied back in the same month. However, for some reason IRCC never got the reply. I found all this information through our MP.

Social services sent the reply to IRCC again this month and then my MP was able to get confirmation from IRCC that now they can see the reply from social service in their system. I am still waiting now for it to be looked by an officer so it can get into DM.

There is some issue that IRCC doesn't get replies from social services... Due to which my file was stuck for last 10 months without any progress. I suggest you contact your MP to find out
I just asked for GCnote 2 weeks ago not get any respond yet,
it's better wait for the result then contact my MP because now I am not sure in which stage stuck or if any Social Services requested or not... or just contact MP regardless of GCnote?
What do you recommend?

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
it's better wait for the result then contact my MP because now I am not sure in which stage stuck or if any Social Services requested or not... or just contact MP regardless of GCnote?
What do you recommend?
I think MP it’s just faster way to get update compare to GC notes :]

asad4455

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
What do you recommend?
You can do both in parallel.

MP office usually requests notes on their own with IRCC and yes from my experience they are quick and helpful

zeloyyy

Star Member
Sep 16, 2015
Guys,

I am starting to worry now. My app received in June 17 and it got updated in process in Feb 11. 2020. And nothing after. I thought due to Covid of course there will be some
Delay but do i need to follow up or something? Is this normal to be stuck in the stage this long? Please advise. Thanks!

Dharmeshvirani235

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2016
Med's Done....
30-09-2016
Passport Req..
30-09-2016
Hi Guys, I have one question. I submitted an interest to sponsor form for 2020. I made one mistake. For the document number, Instead of writing the number at written at the front of the card, I wrote the number written on the back of the card. Now there is no way to change any info. Should I resubmit the form? on the CIC website, it says "Make sure you submit the number of the same document you submit with your application if you’re invited to apply. If the document number doesn’t match, we’ll return your application. "

Lidiyat

Oct 4, 2019
Hello,

for 2019 submitted application, please update line 610 for Lidiya #2: Biometrics request came on Oct 8th, submitted on Oct 13th, Oct 14th Decision made on Sponsor application. Received also a note from VFS office in Kyiv that they received Visa Application on Oct 15th.

THEY STARTED PROCESSING PEOPLE!!!!!

gary647

Oct 15, 2020
Hi Guys,

Quick question: My parents are on a Visitor visa, which will expire in January 2020. I just got the AOR for their PGP-2019 application. Is there any option of any bridge visa or extension in this case, or should I be applying for a new visitor visa application?

kroduk

Star Member
Jul 21, 2012
Chandigarh, India
Are PGP applicants receiving COPR in their home country? I was reading through some travel restrictions webpages on CIC website and read somewhere about COPR issued pre and post March 2020. Does anyone have any idea about this ?

sandybrampton

Star Member
Dec 15, 2019
Guys,

I am starting to worry now. My app received in June 17 and it got updated in process in Feb 11. 2020. And nothing after. I thought due to Covid of course there will be some
Delay but do i need to follow up or something? Is this normal to be stuck in the stage this long? Please advise. Thanks!
I am a June 10th applicant and have not heard back after Feb 11. I believe things are still very slow

sandybrampton

Star Member
Dec 15, 2019
Hi Guys,

Quick question: My parents are on a Visitor visa, which will expire in January 2020. I just got the AOR for their PGP-2019 application. Is there any option of any bridge visa or extension in this case, or should I be applying for a new visitor visa application?
If your parents are in Canada, apply for Visitor visa extension. The wait time for visitor visa extension is currently six months and they can stay if you apply before the current visa expiry