+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
No not yet!

BUT FINALLY today the status of my sponsorship application on ECAS just changed to Decision Made!!!! :eek::):D
How long it takes to get the DM1 letter? Will I get the biometric, PCC, medical request at the same time?

Thanks!
It will depend on which LVO your file is transferred to for PA processing.

Reactions: Roya-FSW

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
It will depend on which LVO your file is transferred to for PA processing.
How about the SA letter?
On my ECAS the sponsorship application details still shows "We started processing your application on July 26, 2019" nothing about the decision made. My PR application status is still "in process".

Reactions: morinda

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
How about the SA letter?
On my ECAS the sponsorship application details still shows "We started processing your application on July 26, 2019" nothing about the decision made. My PR application status is still "in process".
You should receive the DM letter shortly. Your PR application status will be in process for a while till you get DM2.

vg2010

Jun 6, 2019
Hi, definitely you should change the address specially if you are thinking to get them to stay longer. Is your application at Mexico office? If they haven’t send it yet they might choose Mississauga instead; which process application way faster than Mexico. I am Venezuela applicant as well
Have you heard of any Venezuelans that were sent to Mississauga instead of Mexico?

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
No I have not this is my first and only sponsorship application. However, I myself was sponsored by my husband about 9 years ago
No not yet!

BUT FINALLY today the status of my sponsorship application on ECAS just changed to Decision Made!!!! :eek::):D
How long it takes to get the DM1 letter? Will I get the biometric, PCC, medical request at the same time?

Thanks!
Congrats! Since you got the DM this means you don't need Bio. Have your parents done Bio in the last 10 years?

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
Congrats! Since you got the DM this means you don't need Bio. Have your parents done Bio in the last 10 years?
Thank you! This was the best day of this year for me so far! Honestly after seeing June applicants getting PPR as a May 9 applicant I was losing hope on my application.
Really!? Yes they have done biometric for visitor visa application about 4 years ago! I really hope they don't ask for biometrics :D

Reactions: Verooney

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
Is that true that if parents have valid Bio (for visitor visa purpose) then they don't ask for Bio again?
I'm originally from Iran, and Biometrics are required even for Iranian visitor visa applications.
My parents did bio in 2016 and today my SA application status changed to DM without asking for Bio.

Reactions: serious_cheese

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Is that true that if parents have valid Bio (for visitor visa purpose) then they don't ask for Bio again?
I'm originally from Iran, and Biometrics are required even for Iranian visitor visa applications.
My parents did bio in 2016 and today my SA application status changed to DM without asking for Bio.
They may still ask for it at a later date

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
Yes that's the new rule due to pandemic, applicants with valid bio in the last 10 years are exempt.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your information in the tracker is updated. There is no specific criteria to assign visa office. Many outland applications got VO assigned to CPC-M and for most of them it moved quite faster than other VOs.
Thank you.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
No not yet!

Thanks!
DM1 letter you are expecting is sponsorship approval letter containing local visa office. It came after about a week for most of us.