+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi, For 2020 https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/10/government-of-canada-announces-details-for-opening-of-2020-parents-and-grandparents-program.html?fbclid=IwAR2jFxPzTxVpUXyfWpBxG24bU4OkRYVF_mEyAmRZCkY3zHeNaabBcGkM_YU.

I have two questions , can some one please answer

1) What year income will be taken into consideration for the 2020 program? The article mentions lowering requirements for the 2020 financial year. So is it 2020 , 2019 and 2018 ?

2) Is it family income or individual sponsor income which is taken into consideration ?

Also what is the minimum requirement for the family of 4? trying to bring parents to Canada.

Thanks in advance .
LICO plus 30% for 2018 and 2019, LICO only for 2020.

https://leromlaw.com/low-income-cut-off

Reactions: caninfoseeker

cheekoo

Apr 11, 2013
How long does it take to link application after AOR received? Still can't do it.
I had issues linking too initially. The problem I found I had was I was putting the number of applicants (or whatever that last field is) wrong. If you are the only sponsor and sponsoring father and mother, then it should be 3. That made it work for me.

kongluke

Oct 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

Thanks for this amazing resource. I'm trying to figure out whether I should be waiting patiently for results, or if Immigration is waiting for more medical documentation.

Immigration sent a letter requesting further medical information, see panel physician for details (Dec. 19, 2019). I responded that the panel physician said no further medical information had been requested (Dec. 20). Immigration said no letter was sent on Dec. 19, and "that the medical exam was not received by the responsible office yet" (Dec. 24). In January the panel physician realized he hadn't submitted all the medical documentation and did so. I wrote to ask for confirmation that it had been finally received (April 4). Immigration says "We have verified the information you provided. You will find more information related to your enquiry in the letter requesting further medical information that was mailed to you on December 24, 2019" (April 9).

I read "we have verified the information you provided" as meaning all documentation had been received, but given the delay I'm starting to doubt that.

I see that ECAS says "We sent you medical instructions on August 14, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

Using GC-key, I get current status = submitted, messages = none, and "We have requested a medical exam. We will send you a letter or email with details." It also says "We have received the additional documents you provided." I'm not sure if these "additional documents" are the complete medical documentation sent in April. If all the documentation had been received in April, would there be confirmation of that online?

Any wisdom (or reassurance!) you could offer would be much appreciated!

soroush

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Hi everyone,

Thanks for this amazing resource. I'm trying to figure out whether I should be waiting patiently for results, or if Immigration is waiting for more medical documentation.

Immigration sent a letter requesting further medical information, see panel physician for details (Dec. 19, 2019). I responded that the panel physician said no further medical information had been requested (Dec. 20). Immigration said no letter was sent on Dec. 19, and "that the medical exam was not received by the responsible office yet" (Dec. 24). In January the panel physician realized he hadn't submitted all the medical documentation and did so. I wrote to ask for confirmation that it had been finally received (April 4). Immigration says "We have verified the information you provided. You will find more information related to your enquiry in the letter requesting further medical information that was mailed to you on December 24, 2019" (April 9).

I read "we have verified the information you provided" as meaning all documentation had been received, but given the delay I'm starting to doubt that.

I see that ECAS says "We sent you medical instructions on August 14, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

Using GC-key, I get current status = submitted, messages = none, and "We have requested a medical exam. We will send you a letter or email with details." It also says "We have received the additional documents you provided." I'm not sure if these "additional documents" are the complete medical documentation sent in April. If all the documentation had been received in April, would there be confirmation of that online?

Best advise i can give you: email your visa office and ask. you are likely to get a response. key is: KEEP YOUR EMAIL SHORT and to the point. best of luck

mintmint

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
hey guys, for 2020 income, I know the new requirement is just LICO but will they count CERB as well?

I found this note: "In addition, sponsors of all family class applicants whose sponsor must meet income requirements will be able to count regular Employment Insurance benefits in their income calculations rather than just special Employment Insurance benefits for 2020."

alok0holic

Jul 29, 2013
Same here:
Application received: May 08, 2019
Medical passed: Nov 25, 2019
Addtional docs like PCC: expired this month
CIC Missisauga
Apllication: In Process
Looks like they prioritize parents already in Canada.
Similar here.... except the status has been stuck at “decision made” since March with no other correspondence since then. Definitely looks like they’re processing parents already in Canada.

alok0holic

Jul 29, 2013
Similar timelines here too. Worried parents will have to go through Medicals, get new PCC etc again. What does your status say?
Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well. I have been waiting for my moms passport call. We did her medical in dec and pcc in january 2020. After that they requested for extra docs etc which was also sent in jan itself. I called them once in March n they said it's in progress. Till now hvnt heard anything. Is anyone in same boat as me? Also how long does pcc and medical good for? Would I hvta get it done again?will appreciate the response.

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Hi everyone,

Contact again your panel physician, ask to check E-medical Chart for additional tests request, good luck

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Similar here.... except the status has been stuck at “decision made” since March with no other correspondence since then. Definitely looks like they’re processing parents already in Canada.
Similar timelines here too. Worried parents will have to go through Medicals, get new PCC etc again. What does your status say?
Unfortunately it seems like will be changed from DM to IP again and redo medical. Not sure about PCC. One guy here had DM March and changed to IP and asked for redo medical which done last year. Go back to a few pages you will see.

amop

Feb 28, 2014
Same here:
Application received: May 08, 2019
Medical passed: Nov 25, 2019
Addtional docs like PCC: expired this month
CIC Missisauga
Apllication: In Process
Looks like they prioritize parents already in Canada.
Nah don't think so mine is here but still stuck May 29th application