+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
I would like to ask your advice friends on my situation. I am sponsoring my parents and they already passed their medical last January and after that I haven't heard back anything. Anyway my mom who is the principal applicant on the application died. I would still like to have my dad to go here since he is now alone. He is the dependent on my mom's application. I've sent my mom death certificate via the webform but I never got a response on what to do regarding my dad and also if I could get some refund. Would you be able to give me some advice or directions on what to do? Thank you very much!
My deepest condolences, dear! Unfortunately, similar situation happened to someone else on this forum and I remember that sponsor had to send death certificate with asking immigration officer to appoint the dependent to be principal applicant. Stay strong

Reactions: canuck78

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
You have to wait. May 10-15 applicants are the most miserable ones....super slow progress on our applications

A couple of us waited a long time for the SSC clearance, but not as long as you.

Someone eventually called up their MP to follow up and suddenly the SSC was cleared, however that's before the stupid COVID.

Right now we really don't have any idea how long it would take.

Just got my GCMS notes, it says case pending receipt of SSC-BC
My application rec date is may13th 2019
I believe SSC-B.C. is social assistance check please correct me if I'm wrong
Please advise what should I do.
Is there anybody from BC who had the same situation?

rimpysadhrey

Star Member
May 29, 2018
Sorry for your loss brother/sister! Stay strong . Sending prayers your way. Get your area MP to intervene to get IRCC answer your query/questions.
I think you can send death certificate and ask them to make your dad as primary applicant. Someone else went through this process and was able to change dependent to primary. it will take some time as CIC working with low capacity. Take care !

Reactions: canuck78

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
I'd say we're the unlucky ones whose apps were assigned to CPC-M.

Other processing centres were already working months ago and issuing DM2.
Hello everyone,

I am on the same boat, currently been a long waiting game....My case is with CPC M since Aug 2019 and I called agent earlier in the week and was told we are within the “regular” time frame for processing, which is 20 to 24 months.
my parents are outland applicant, currently residing in HK. I wonder since CPC M starts being some what operational, has there been any Outland applicant , whose case is with CPC M and has been approved and may have received COPR?

My parents medical will expire in Jan 2021, so if there are any recent applicant being approved of COPR from CPCM, I wonder was there any extension to landing date beyond the medical expiration?

thanks In advance for all your sharing!

Reactions: kulb

shovon0014

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
Saskatoon
Visa Office......
Singapore
File Transfer...
12-06-14
Med's Request
20-10-14
Med's Done....
22-10-14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-15
LANDED..........
04-04-15
Does anyone have any update about the Singapore visa office? Medical passed on June 11, since then no progress.

Manuel786

Nov 30, 2018
Hi Manuel, congrats!
Would you mind sharing the steps for sending the passport? What the letter says? I’m waiting for that final step
Sure, not a problem at all. The request of passport letter is a generic letter designed for applicants residing out of Canada, however the last page of the letter is for those residing in Canada which is our case, so we will need to send the letter received, original valid passport, and 2 photos, and a self-addressed, pre-paid Xpresspost envelope from Canada Post with specific instructions to let them to return the passport back to you. Let me know if you still have questions

Victor Manuel

Reactions: RS91

ammaartahir

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-12-12
Hi, when I go into the in-process status for the application, it says that "we started processing your application on July 23, 2020". This wasn't there before. Can someone tell me how much time it takes from addition of this line (and hence the in-process status) to receiving medicals? Visa office - London, date file received July 10. Thanks

wxhzk

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
Does anyone know how long will take Service of Canada to call to book a Bio collection's appointment in Calgary Area?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Thank you again @luxan
here below an official reply from LDN office about the same subject:

Thank you for your email. I can see from the request letter and the online screenshot you have provided that the Supplementary Information – Your Travels form (IMM5562) has been requested for both the Primary Applicant (DAD) and Dependent (MOM). Please complete and submit one for both parties named.
Once completed, please upload these under the corresponding sections of the online application portal.
@RAY2112 : If you received this after sending you dad's IMM5562 with filling mom's travel history on the same form, you may have to do it as requested.

Most of us sent only one IMM5562 for principal applicant and all dependents. If the case officer asks you to do individual forms for PA and dependents, you may not have other choices. However isn't that a simply filling out one more form.

Julfox

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
Does anyone have any update about the Singapore visa office? Medical passed on June 11, since then no progress.
Nothing as I didn’t expect any. Just awaiting for service centre to open or awaiting for phone call from service centre to get an appointment for our biometric to be done in Canada.

wxhzk

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
Nothing as I didn’t expect any. Just awaiting for service centre to open or awaiting for phone call from service centre to get an appointment for our biometric to be done in Canada.
Yes. I'm in the same situation. I'm waiting service centre to get an appointment for biometric too. Which city are you live in? I'm in Calgary. I don't know how long of waiting is normal? It says expiring in 90 days.

Julfox

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
Yes. I'm in the same situation. I'm waiting service centre to get an appointment for biometric too. Which city are you live in? I'm in Calgary. I don't know how long of waiting is normal? It says expiring in 90 days.
You can follow this tracker on timelines for those who have already received calls and some are still awaiting. Majority of them are inland applicants under the Canadian Experience. For us, considering as Outland applicants, hopefully IRCC is aware we are in Canada awaiting to do our biometric here. Have you inform IRCC through webform that you are in Canada awaiting to do biometric? If no, I advise you to do so. I’m residing in Vancouver, BC.