+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

sandybrampton

Star Member
Dec 15, 2019
I will.be applying visa extension in October.
It's her visitors visa which expires in march
If visa expires then we need to apply new one right ?
Within Canada can we apply for new visa
Yes, you can apply for visitor visa extension within Canada. Please refer the below link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/extend-stay.html

Even if you don't get visa extended by the expiry of the current visa, your parents can stay in Canada under "Implied Status" until the decision is made regarding the visitor visa extension. I will recommend applying a month before the current visa expiry

ClaudiaHo

Jan 3, 2019
Hello everyone,

I am on the same boat, currently been a long waiting game....My case is with CPC M since Aug 2019 and I called agent earlier in the week and was told we are within the “regular” time frame for processing, which is 20 to 24 months.
my parents are outland applicant, currently residing in HK. I wonder since CPC M starts being some what operational, has there been any Outland applicant , whose case is with CPC M and has been approved and may have received COPR?

My parents medical will expire in Jan 2021, so if there are any recent applicant being approved of COPR from CPCM, I wonder was there any extension to landing date beyond the medical expiration?

thanks In advance for all your sharing!

samanariya

Oct 23, 2019
Have some patience: It must have happened due to COVID situation. Send them the as per the spec. They may send you the card soon.
You are wondering about the card yet rest of us are wondering what has happened to our applications which most are at In process for last one year. Don't cry

yashbabrah

May 26, 2019
Hello, I received a letter requesting my mother's biometrics and my parents' latest address.

My mother is in Toronto, Canada on a visitor visa and due to COVID-19, she couldn't go back to India, I had already applied for her visa's extension.

Can you please help me with the following questions:
1. Where can we give biometrics in Canada?
I am unable to make an appointment as the biometric centers are closed.

2. For my mother's latest address, should I give provide the address of Toronto or should I provide them with her residential address of India?

Please advise, thank you!

ayaan2019

Feb 15, 2019
Hello, I received a letter requesting my mother's biometrics and my parents' latest address.

My mother is in Toronto, Canada on a visitor visa and due to COVID-19, she couldn't go back to India, I had already applied for her visa's extension.

2. For my mother's latest address, should I give provide the address of Toronto or should I provide them with her residential address of India?

Have u already done with medicals and what is your application receive date in ottawa

Rosharah

Nov 3, 2019
Hi All,

My parent’s status is still “in process”. Their file is also in CPC Mississauga office. They have sent their biometric, medical, updated documents, etc. We have been waiting for DM since March. Their Medical will expire in November. We are hoping they would extend the medical expiry date in this pandemic situation.

Has anyone one here got a letter to redo the medical because it is expired? Will it be an automatic email to redo the medical in a day it is expired, or it depends on the officer’s decision? Please share your experiences.

Thanks,

smjafri

Star Member
Nov 3, 2008

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/biometrics/exemptions.html

Reactions: yashbabrah

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

My parent’s status is still “in process”. Their file is also in CPC Mississauga office. They have sent their biometric, medical, updated documents, etc. We have been waiting for DM since March. Their Medical will expire in November. We are hoping they would extend the medical expiry date in this pandemic situation.

Has anyone one here got a letter to redo the medical because it is expired? Will it be an automatic email to redo the medical in a day it is expired, or it depends on the officer’s decision? Please share your experiences.

Thanks,
There is usually some flexibility so there is a good chance that they will not need another medical if they are approved close to the expiry date.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

Apologies in advance in case i am posting on a wrong thread. I am not sure if there is one in place for 2020. I am planning to apply for my mother's PR under a program which will open next year and have a question regarding the same. In my case, i have an elder sister who is autistic and dependent on my mother. Can someone on this forum suggest if i can apply for her PR as well alongwith my mother.. showing her as my mother's dependent child? She is 35 years of age and has a Visitor visa which i got done last year.

I am a Permanent resident in Canada and have been diligently filing the tax for past 3 years and meet the financial obligations required to sponsor 3 family members including myself (as mentioned on CIC Website).

Thank you.. Looking forward for some valuable inputs here.
You will have to wait and see changes have been made to the program and who qualifies to apply. Given the issues last year there had to be changes. Your sister will be included in the application but your sister may cause problems it she is deemed medically inadmissible.

tatuya

May 2, 2013
Hi guys,

My parents in law passed the medical examination in Nov. 2019, and till now there is no change in the immigration system and we got nothing from the Mississauga immigration office.
What we can do as the medical examination will expire in about one month? Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys,

My parents in law passed the medical examination in Nov. 2019, and till now there is no change in the immigration system and we got nothing from the Mississauga immigration office.
What we can do as the medical examination will expire in about one month? Thanks!
If needed they’ll be asked to do another medical.