+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
What does this mean

I read this on Canada in India (High commission of Canada) Facebook page

Family Reunification (Foreign national traveling to join a temporary resident in Canada)
Foreign nationals who have an immediate family member already residing in Canada as a worker, visitor, student or protected person are exempt from the travel restrictions. An adult child of a person residing in Canada may be eligible under this exemption. This is because, while the child is not an immediate family member of the parent under the definition above, the parent is an immediate family member of the child. The objective of this exemption is to facilitate reuniting immediate family members who have been separated as a result of these travel restrictions.
Please find more information in the following link to assist you regarding if you are exempt from the travel restrictions: Travel Restriction Measures
We're beating a dead horse on this topic. What you've read aligns with what other members have been saying.

"An adult child of a person residing in Canada may be eligible under this exemption. This is because, while the child is not an immediate family member of the parent under the definition above, the parent is an immediate family member of the child."

The above clearly states what it means. Your brother obviously cannot qualify as your "child". Thus, his parents (your parents) have to immigrate to Canada first. Then, your brother can follow. Airlines will mostly NOT allow your brother to board the flight because of this rule. What others have been discussing is whether they can daisy chain the immigration interview at the airport in such a way that parents land first, so you brother can claim as indicated in quote. But, that is upon arrival in an official port of entry within Canada, and does not address whether airlines will deny boarding. The choice is yours to make, and don't let any of us come in the way of your decision making process.

Good luck!

Julfox

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
Hi
I applied for my parents when they were in canada. But after AOR my parents file was transferred to New Delhi.
So now on IRCC websit says that people who have applied PR inside canada will receive biometrics calls. So wondering my parents application would be considered inside or outside canada.
Thanks
We are in the same situation as you. We applied the PGP 2019 sponsorship when we were in Canada. We hv stated on our application form under the Canadian address we are residing. No change of address at all since submission of application. Our files still transferred to Singapore LVO. I called IRCC yesterday to ask if our application is considered inland or outland, the officer told me our case is considered outland. So the officer advise us to submit a webform and explain we are still in Canada awaiting to do this biometric. Keep my fingers crossed that this call will eventually come. As I mentioned on the earlier thread that some Canadian Experience Inland applicants already started to receive phone calls according to the tracker as PGP applicants is not on any priority at the moment. Hope this help with your question.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Hi
My parents Gic account, under background check shows:"we are processing your background check" now my question is : if this status was the same from beginning or this shows there is some progress.
We are still waiting for DM1 but I submitted PCC back in March before my parents come to Canada as a visitor.
Thanks
It depends. Are all of your other checks (i.e eligibility etc.) state the same? It does sound like a standard message you would see on your account. But, if a particular item was modified, then someone must have looked into it to make that happen. In know it's hard to keep waiting. But, hang in there and you will be rewarded with family reunion.

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
We are in the same situation as you. We applied the PGP 2019 sponsorship when we were in Canada. We hv stated on our application form under the Canadian address we are residing. No change of address at all since submission of application. Our files still transferred to Singapore LVO. I called IRCC yesterday to ask if our application is considered inland or outland, the officer told me our case is considered outland. So the officer advise us to submit a webform and explain we are still in Canada awaiting to do this biometric. Keep my fingers crossed that this call will eventually come. As I mentioned on the earlier thread that some Canadian Experience Inland applicants already started to receive phone calls according to the tracker as PGP applicants is not on any priority at the moment. Hope this help with your question.
You got DM2?? Mine is with Singapore and Dm2 on August24,20. App received June10,2019

amop

Feb 28, 2014
You can apply for the visitor visa extension (and not a new visa) online but for that passport with due validity is required. You can apply for visa extension in the month of Feb (if still required)
I will.be applying visa extension in October.
It's her visitors visa which expires in march
If visa expires then we need to apply new one right ?
Within Canada can we apply for new visa

Tangguoer

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
Received COPR in GCKey account today. I can’t see any documents attached, just information of document numbers.
Do we have to apply for PR cards separately?
Usually you will receive the attached document in few days, and will let you send a photo to one of inland office. Then the pr card will send to you automatically

xjh

Aug 15, 2019
@YULIA-2016 Please update my information: Biometric request received on Sept. 22, 2020.

I've already booked the appointments for my parents to do their Biometric in the VAC in Beijing. And on the appointment letters, it stated that a Consent Form needs to be signed and taken with them. I'm wondering where I can get this Consent Form. Does anyone know? Thank you.

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
Did you apply for the notes ...any reply
Also ATIP or GCMS note are they different..?
ATIP & GCMS are same , it’s actually called GCMS notes. Yes , I received it and it shows biometric needed again due to poor quality fingerprints.

Manuel786

Nov 30, 2018
Hello,
I just received an email from Mexico office with a request of my mom's passport. The letter was generic for parents residing currently in their country but included a third page with specific instructions if the parent is residing currently in Canada which is our case. We are going to follow those instructions for parents residing in Canada (copy of letter received, passport and photos basically).

My only concern is how the inland process will be fulfilled, will we received further instructions about it along with the passport with the temporary visa stamped on it? If someone experienced the same process I will appreciate your feedback. Thank you!

Below my mom's general information. Sorry if something is missing but to be honest I haven't understood the whole thing but if some of you needs specific information, do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,

• Line # in tracker: 58
  • Sponsored People: Mom
  • Parents Country of Citizenship: Guatemala
  • Sponsor Province: ON
  • Invitations Receive Date: 25 Apr 2019
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: 01 May 2019
  • AoR Received (DATE):11 July 2019
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship appl. and PR appl: I haven't been able to have access to My Cic, but using the online status link: "Application Received"
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date: 20Aug19
  • Local visa office: Mexico
  • Biometric request date : N/A
  • MyCIC update: