+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Headhunters

Apr 20, 2016
Hi, I had sent all the documents before june 28, 2019 sponsoring my mother. Until now, I havent received any update on the file.

Last edited:

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys
I want to request Gnote and noticed there are 2 types of information : under Privecy Act or under Access to information. In order to get detailed update which one should I request?
Also if you can share the steps should be appreciated.
Thsnks

Swainy

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
Hi I have been on DM2 status since March 04th. My mother was already here in Regina with me and my dad has also arrived here on visitor visa. I had updated my parents address to Canada through webform and had also called up CIC. Yesterday I emailed my MP and explained situation and asked him if he can help me get benefit of the virtual landing process. Today the ECAS status has been updated to "Mr. XXXX (my father) entered Canada at Saskatoon IRCC on September 21, 2020 and became a Permanent Resident."

But I have not yet received the COPR. I called up CIC again to ask for the COPR and was told that I should get in 2 business days. Any advise for me. Thanks!
hi, can you tell me what number you called for CIC please?

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
Hi guys
I want to request Gnote and noticed there are 2 types of information : under Privecy Act or under Access to information. In order to get detailed update which one should I request?
Also if you can share the steps should be appreciated.
Thsnks
You would order gcms notes under Access to Information act. You will have to pay $5 fees.
If you are ordering it for your parents’ application, you will need their consent (form 5744) signed by them in blue ink, and if they are currently not presnet here, you can send them the filled form, they can sign it (blue ink is must), and scan it and send it back to you.

If you are still waiting for DM1, then you will select the sponsorship file information at the end of the request.
If you have a co-signer, you will need to attach another 5744 signed by him/her otherwise they would hide the information of the co-signer from the notes.

Reactions: Verba

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You would order gcms notes under Access to Information act. You will have to pay $5 fees.
If you are ordering it for your parents’ application, you will need their consent (form 5744) signed by them in blue ink, and if they are currently not presnet here, you can send them the filled form, they can sign it (blue ink is must), and scan it and send it back to you.

If you are still waiting for DM1, then you will select the sponsorship file information at the end of the request.
If you have a co-signer, you will need to attach another 5744 signed by him/her otherwise they would hide the information of the co-signer from the notes.
Thanks for your reply. My parents are here in Canada and we still waiting for DM1, since Feburary the status is in process. I also have a co- signer. I was thinking that as my parents are here the principle applicant request it but not sure how much info they will share. Please advise.
Also I was wondering if requesting gcms will cause more delays ?!?

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Thanks for your reply. My parents are here in Canada and we still waiting for DM1, since Feburary the status is in process. I also have a co- signer. I was thinking that as my parents are here the principle applicant request it but not sure how much info they will share. Please advise.
Also I was wondering if requesting gcms will cause more delays ?!?
Even your parents are here, they may ask you to send their resident proof. It's better to get the consent form filled.

Ordering GCMS notes do not cause any more delays.

toronto213

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Hi, I had sent all the documents before june 28, 2019 sponsoring my mother. Until now, I havent receieved any update on the file.
I had also the same situation, I talked IRCC over the phone again and again every month, they always answered me that your file is complete and we don’t need any additional information.
Last week I received acknowledgment from IRCC.
So I will advice to do same, at least call them and take updates about your file.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I had also the same situation, I talked IRCC over the phone again and again every month, they always answered me that your file is complete and we don’t need any additional information.
Last week I received acknowledgment from IRCC.
So I will advice to do same, at least call them and take updates about your file.
There is no need to call daily/weekly/monthly/etc. In your case it didn't benefit your case calling them monthly. Would suggest calling or ordering GCMS every couple of months if you want unless your processing are much different than other applicants. Calling the customer service line does not change how your application is processed.

Reactions: Verba

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you. But how soon? Like a week or month? Any clue? I have to reschedule their flight.
When tour parents are called to make sure they are in Canada thry need to be upfront about your father's travel plans. He may get stuck in India and need a PRTD to get home.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi I have been on DM2 status since March 04th. My mother was already here in Regina with me and my dad has also arrived here on visitor visa. I had updated my parents address to Canada through webform and had also called up CIC. Yesterday I emailed my MP and explained situation and asked him if he can help me get benefit of the virtual landing process. Today the ECAS status has been updated to "Mr. XXXX (my father) entered Canada at Saskatoon IRCC on September 21, 2020 and became a Permanent Resident."

But I have not yet received the COPR. I called up CIC again to ask for the COPR and was told that I should get in 2 business days. Any advise for me. Thanks!
You just have to wait and be patient. Gou are in a pile of people for virtual landing. Calling people will not make your landing go faster.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello all,

For those who's parents are here super visa extension and the supervisa is going to expire soon, what are you options while waiting for the sponsorship to complete? My parents are here on super visa and waiting for the parents sponsorship process to complete. File is at NDVO and medicals have been passed and biometrics completed, even though, on CIC portal, it says they still have not received finger prints. (This is the part which makes it frustrating, they could just update the Ecas portal reflecting everything has been submitted instead of leaving it as 'in process')

1. From reading other posts, do I have to call IRCC to get medical results to be extended since they are valid for 6 months?
2. I tried calling IRCC to see if they can transfer file to Mississauga but they refused. Has anyone been successful at this? The reason being NDVO is so slow and parents are here in Canada.
3. Is a supervisa extension the next best option? They landed on November 2018.

Thank you for all your feedback.
Your only option is a supervisa extension. I would make sure to mention that you are waiting for PR through PGP in the extension request.

Sartaj

Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
Vancouver BC
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
06 june 2019
June 6th applicant here. Received Medicals, PCC & Travel history request from NDVO on Sept 15th. Ecas also updated to In process from App received