+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Rob1985

Jul 30, 2020
Thanks @Rob1985 for your reply. What do they ask in telephonic landing interview? Do they want to speak to both the applicants?
To my parents, they asked
  1. For how long were you in Canada?
  2. What did you do while the time in Canada?
  3. You entered through which port of entry?
  4. What did you use to do in the home country(occupation)?
Yes, they spoke to both my Mom and Dad

Reactions: jackhcd

ryanguy90

Jan 25, 2017
Hello all,

For those who's parents are here super visa extension and the supervisa is going to expire soon, what are you options while waiting for the sponsorship to complete? My parents are here on super visa and waiting for the parents sponsorship process to complete. File is at NDVO and medicals have been passed and biometrics completed, even though, on CIC portal, it says they still have not received finger prints. (This is the part which makes it frustrating, they could just update the Ecas portal reflecting everything has been submitted instead of leaving it as 'in process')

1. From reading other posts, do I have to call IRCC to get medical results to be extended since they are valid for 6 months?
2. I tried calling IRCC to see if they can transfer file to Mississauga but they refused. Has anyone been successful at this? The reason being NDVO is so slow and parents are here in Canada.
3. Is a supervisa extension the next best option? They landed on November 2018.

Thank you for all your feedback.

vs1980

Mar 30, 2015
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese

Hello Guys,

Kindly update the tracker as I am new to the forum.

Thanks,

Line # in tracker:if applicable
Sponsored People:Mom
Parents Country of Citizenship:India
Sponsor Province:ON
Invitations Receive Date:April 25, 2019
Application received in Ottawa Date:June 11, 2019
AoR Received (DATE):Oct 11, 2019
Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:
Appl. receivedIn ProcessDecision made
Date: June 11, 2019Date: Date: Oct 11, 2019
Ecas Status for permanent resident Application:
Date: June 11, 2019Date: Dec 31, 2019Date:
Local Visa Office Name:NDVO
Biometric request :Oct 23, 2019
MyCIC update:Application Received
IME (Medical )
IME RequestIME Passed
Date: Not yetDate: Not yet
PCC request:Submitted with Application
Additional document / travel history request date :No request
PR decision made date :N/A
PPR date :N/A
Comment / additional information :Moved to NDVO on April 2020

PGP-2019 : Timeline | CSQ / Undertaking (kit B): Timeline
[/QUOTE]

Reactions: serious_cheese

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
Hello All

I am a newbie here and need your help.

I got request letter from CIC asking for my voter ID card and Aadhar Card as proof of relationship to my mother. I don't have either of them. How can I explain this to CIC.I am Canadian resident since 2012.Donot know what to do? Anybody had gone through similar situation? Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you
a lot of people are getting such requests recently including me. You can provide other documents that have your mom name on them in my view.

ashu.thind

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 05
AOR Received.
Nov 24
Med's Request
Jan 24
Med's Done....
Feb 07 ## Third Line : March 27
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun 10
VISA ISSUED...
June 24
LANDED..........
September 08
a lot of people are getting such requests recently including me. You can provide other documents that have your mom name on them in my view.
YOu can provide the copy of your passport showing the names of your parents on it. you can provide sworn-in affidavit as a proof.

Swainy

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
Things don’t happen immediately and anyone in Canada would have received a virtual landing. You should get a call by the end of the week or even next week.

Hi can anyone please advise me. We received our DM2 on March 4th same as Anjubatta10. We have still not received our COPR but arrived in Canada on September 10th. We are coming to the end of our 14 day quarantine period. Does anyone think we should give IRCC a call to see if we can get our COPR. We would like to purchase our own property but are unable to do so untill we have our COPR because we would have to pay an extra 15% of the purchase price, not really an option! Our LVO is CIC-M.

Last edited:

sujwal

Jan 24, 2013
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese

Hello Guys,

Kindly update the tracker as I am new to the forum.

Thanks,

Line # in tracker:if applicable
Sponsored People:Mom
Parents Country of Citizenship:India
Sponsor Province:ON
Invitations Receive Date:April 25, 2019
Application received in Ottawa Date:June 11, 2019
AoR Received (DATE):Oct 11, 2019
Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:
Date: June 11, 2019Date:Date: Oct 11, 2019
Ecas Status for permanent resident Application:
Date: June 11, 2019Date: Dec 31, 2019Date:
Local Visa Office Name:NDVO
Biometric request :Oct 23, 2019
MyCIC update:Application Received
IME (Medical )
IME RequestIME Passed
Date: Not yetDate: Not yet
PCC request:Submitted with Application
Additional document / travel history request date :No request
PR decision made date :N/A
PPR date :N/A
Comment / additional information :Moved to NDVO on April 2020

PGP-2019 : Timeline | CSQ / Undertaking (kit B): Timeline
[/QUOTE]
Hi,
Your timeline is similar to mine. Havent you received Invitation to pre-arrival services letter?

prat7734

Nov 14, 2014
My parents completed their PCC and medical examination in Jan 2020. Then in March 2020 needed some additional documents and sent it back. After that nothing yet. Can someone comment on the wait or how long it should take till the next step? Thanks in advance

hsmaur

Sep 22, 2020
Hello.
I received a call today from CIC regarding my parents application. Application was received in Ottawa on Jun13th 2019. Their file has been with CPC-M since Feb I think. Basically the call was to confirm if my parents are here in Canada or in India. They are in Canada right now on visitor visa. Lady on the call said everything looks good and she is one who is going to make decision. She said to keep an eye open for email. There are two questions I have.
1. What is the next step?
2. How long will it take to get CoPR?
3. My dad (principal applicant) has to travel back to India and his flight is already booked for next week. I asked the lady about any timeline but she didn’t give me. How do I know till which date to delay the flight?

Reactions: iliveinbanff

ayaan2019

Feb 15, 2019
Hello.
I received a call today from CIC regarding my parents application. Application was received in Ottawa on Jun13th 2019. Their file has been with CPC-M since Feb I think. Basically the call was to confirm if my parents are here in Canada or in India. They are in Canada right now on visitor visa. Lady on the call said everything looks good and she is one who is going to make decision. She said to keep an eye open for email. There are two questions I have.
3. My dad (principal applicant) has to travel back to India and his flight is already booked for next week. I asked the lady about any timeline but she didn’t give me. How do I know till which date to delay the flight?
[/QUOT
Are you already done with your medicals and PCC ! Plz update your timeline !

hsmaur

Sep 22, 2020
Hello.
Sorry 3 questions*

hsmaur

Sep 22, 2020
Yes Medicals PCC Biometrics everything has been done.
Medical and Biometric passed on Jun 13 2020.

PCC was done in Feb 2020.
It has been in process ever since