+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
@kate7878

I received an email from IRCC and it says the following. Do I need to resend them the completed file with my SIN? I’ve already sent them with the original application and gave them my consent to use my SIN for their checkup. I must mention we have an addition in our family.

“Please note that the following documentation will be required for your sponsorship application to determine whether you meet the minimum necessary income requirements to sponsor a parent or grandparent. In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:
 A completed and signed authorization form – IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship providing your Social Insurance Number.
o If you selected “Yes” to the Statement of Consent on this form and provided your Social Insurance Number, you authorize IRCC to request information from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) in regards to your, or the cosigner’s (if applicable), income tax information for the three consecutive years immediately preceding the received date of your application.
OR
o Ifyouselected“No”totheStatementofConsentonthisformthenyouwouldneedto provide in addition, a completed form - IMM 5748 - Income Sources for the Sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents and an original OPTION C-Printout for the three consecutive years immediately preceding the received date of your parents and grandparents sponsorship application. This document is not the same as the Notice of Assessment and the Option C available on your My Account. The Option C document is available free of charge by calling the CRA. To obtain this document please call CRA at 1-800-959-8281.

Last edited:

mane029

Oct 6, 2016
Category........
FAM
Hi all, my application was received on Sept 10, 2020. In the PDF it mentions that if I should submit the ORIGINAL Option C and that the print-outs is not the same thing. I had submitted the print-out in my application. So, now I called CRA to provide the Original C which they said would take 5-10 business days.

my question is will this impact my sponsor application review if I email the the original option c after 10 days and how did others in this situation manage communication with CIC?
Thanks in advance

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Hey guys my parents and brother will be traveling in 3 weeks from Ahmedabad to Delhi to Toronto through Air India on valid coprs issued on July 2nd 2020.

I have few questions for their flight if someone can please answer them

1- will thier immigration be in Ahmedabad or Delhi airport ?

2- I am guessing their bags will be taken at Ahmedabad airport till Toronto?

3- What documents do they need to keep with them? Like which forms?

4- what does a quarantine plane consist of? Is it a hand written letter?

I have sponsored them so I am renting a new appartment for them under my name. We will get the keys on Oct 1st for it . What needs to be on their quarantine plane? They gonna be going straight from the airport to the apartment where they will quarantine. What do they need to give at the airport for quantaine plane?

4- if the answer to the first question is Ahmedabad then what do they need to do after getting off the first flight go straight to the gate for the second flight?

Thank you
1. Delhi
2. If you have booked single ticket from Ahmdabad to Toronto via Delhi then luggage tag should be directly for Toronto. Ask the counter person for baggage tag for Toronto.
3. As I said earlier printout of documents of immediate family members - your pr/ citizenship proof, and birth certificate & details of dependent child ( as you showed in your statement) .
4. arriveCAN app in the mobile and send a copy of the apartment you booked for them. Same address had to be put in the app for Quarantine period.
They have to take taxi from airport to the flat. You cannot drop them.

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
1. Delhi
2. If you have booked single ticket from Ahmdabad to Toronto via Delhi then luggage tag should be directly for Toronto. Ask the counter person for baggage tag for Toronto.
3. As I said earlier printout of documents of immediate family members - your pr/ citizenship proof, and birth certificate & details of dependent child ( as you showed in your statement) .
4. arriveCAN app in the mobile and send a copy of the apartment you booked for them. Same address had to be put in the app for Quarantine period.

Perfect this answers all my questions.

Thank you

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
1. Delhi

Do they all need to have app in the phone or my brother can do It for all of them?

Just in case it doesnt work out they have an option to do it at the Pearson airport? And skip the Arrive can app at all.

Anujbatta10

Dec 27, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2018
I have been on DM2 since March 04, 2020 with both Sponsorship and Permanent Residence status showing as Decision made in Ecas. The file is with CPC-Mississauga and we have been waiting for PPR since March. My mom has been in Canada for last 8 months on visitor visa and my dad just arrived last week from India on visitor visa. I have raised a webform informing CIC that my dad is now here in Canada and will stay here for next 3-4 months and I have requested CIC to update the parents address to Canada and requested them to issue COPR directly if possible as it seems their file is at the final stage. I have not yet received reply from CIC on the webform. Is there anything I can do to trigger the COPR?
Thanks!
I just got a reply from CE CSC on the web form:

"We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office. They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on the application"

Can I expect COPR?

Thanks guys!

pegmog

Star Member
May 29, 2019
Hey guys! My parents PR file was received on May2019. Medicals and Biometrics were requested in October and were submitted in November 2019. Status shows medical received but the file is still in processing since November 2019. Can someone please update me on the timeline to get the passport request?
same situation :(

pegmog

Star Member
May 29, 2019
Hello everyone.

Hope you are all well & safe.

My timeline:
Invitation Received: April 26, 2019
Application sent: June 16, 2019
Application received in Ottawa: June 18, 2019
AOR: Nov 27, 2019
Biometrics requested: Feb 11, 2020
Biometrics done: February 17, 2020
Application was sent to Mexico for processing: Feb 13, 2020
We are Brazilians and my parents are currently in Brazil.

My questions: is it normal to take so long to receive the medical request? On the tracker, I see that almost everyone has received it already.

Wishing you well,

Greg.
same for me as well. Application received in Ottawa on June 15. No medical request yet.

Reactions: Greghmc

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
My parents PR journey is finally coming to an end. Following are the latest timelines:

Virtual Landing -- 02 June
Both COPR documents delivered to IRCC Etobicoke -- 08 June
Ghost Updates -- 11 and 14 Sep
Approved and Dispatched -- 14th Sept

Julfox

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
Service Canada Centres are gradually resuming biometrics collection services by appointment only for permanent residence applicants who have received a biometric instruction letter.

Service Canada will call you to schedule a biometrics appointment:
https://eservices.canada.ca/en/
Robert, the link doesn’t seem to work for biometric appointment which I do have biometric instruction letter.
Pls kindly advise how can I do that.
Thanks.