+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone share the steps to obtain GCMS?can I request on behalf of my parents or it's better my parents request it as they are here?

sandybrampton

Star Member
Dec 15, 2019
Hey guys my parents and brother will be traveling in 3 weeks from Ahmedabad to Delhi to Toronto through Air India on valid coprs issued on July 2nd 2020.

I have few questions for their flight if someone can please answer them

1- will thier immigration be in Ahmedabad or Delhi airport ?

2- I am guessing their bags will be taken at Ahmedabad airport till Toronto?

3- What documents do they need to keep with them? Like which forms?

4- what does a quarantine plane consist of? Is it a hand written letter?

I have sponsored them so I am renting a new appartment for them under my name. We will get the keys on Oct 1st for it . What needs to be on their quarantine plane? They gonna be going straight from the airport to the apartment where they will quarantine. What do they need to give at the airport for quantaine plane?

4- if the answer to the first question is Ahmedabad then what do they need to do after getting off the first flight go straight to the gate for the second flight?

Thank you
Based on my experience way back in 2010 , your parents will have to do immigration in Delhi. They will come in a domestic flight to Delhi, collect luggage in Delhi and move to the International section. I did this in Bombay and there was a bus which took me from Domestic to International .

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey guys my parents and brother will be traveling in 3 weeks from Ahmedabad to Delhi to Toronto through Air India on valid coprs issued on July 2nd 2020.

I have few questions for their flight if someone can please answer them

1- will thier immigration be in Ahmedabad or Delhi airport ?

2- I am guessing their bags will be taken at Ahmedabad airport till Toronto?

3- What documents do they need to keep with them? Like which forms?

4- what does a quarantine plane consist of? Is it a hand written letter?

I have sponsored them so I am renting a new appartment for them under my name. We will get the keys on Oct 1st for it . What needs to be on their quarantine plane? They gonna be going straight from the airport to the apartment where they will quarantine. What do they need to give at the airport for quantaine plane?

4- if the answer to the first question is Ahmedabad then what do they need to do after getting off the first flight go straight to the gate for the second flight?

Thank you
Your brother does not meet the travel restrictions. Would be prepared if he is denied boarding and your parents need to fly on their own.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey Tarandeep,
answers below.
1) Still do my parents need 90 days temporary health coverage insurance? When OHIP will be covering my parents?
Due to COVID the OHIP starts the day they land. I am not sure how it will work as they can only apply for a health card after quarantine along with an address proof (which can take some time). . I am hoping incase required there would be a process for PR people without a health card.
https://www.ontario.ca/page/apply-ohip-and-get-health-card#:~:text=The Ontario Health Insurance Plan,health services you may need.&text=As of March 19, 2020,cost of COVID-19 services.

2) Do my parents need a physical plan for quarantine that they have to show to CBSA while landing or they can verbally say that they will be quarantined at my son’s house?
Yes they will have to submit a plan on paper about quarantine - we did mention a that my mom will stay at my house but she will have her own bedroom and washroom. I will provide food in the room.

3) What are the services/documents they are qualified for like SIN, OHIP card etc etc?
They qualify for all these SIN, OHIP applicable to any PR (will have to apply after quarantine) . Only thing they cannot get is financial benefits for 20 years.

4) What are the documents they need to carry along with them to show at Delhi airport and at Pearson airport?
Passport, Copr, proof of relation with you ( copy your PR card and passport may to show relationship) - this was asked multiple times at delhi airport. first officer didnt knew if she can travel so was sent to multiple ppl till it sorted put. So i would suggest a copy of the webpage that says they are travel exempt.
Hope it helps!
Is the bedroom and bathroom in a separate area in your home like a basement?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That's not correct, COVID income is taxable and hence will show up as your total income, So don't worry much you will be fine ..
On the instruction book for PGP it specifically says that EI (not maternity or disability) will be deducted from your total income.

Manny92

Sep 15, 2020
Hey guys! My parents PR file was received on May2019. Medicals and Biometrics were requested in October and were submitted in November 2019. Status shows medical received but the file is still in processing since November 2019. Can someone please update me on the timeline to get the passport request?

• Sad
Reactions: Stylish007

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Hey guys! My parents PR file was received on May2019. Medicals and Biometrics were requested in October and were submitted in November 2019. Status shows medical received but the file is still in processing since November 2019. Can someone please update me on the timeline to get the passport request?
send a webform asking for update on your file

Stylish007

Apr 16, 2019
I am in the same situation. Concerned if the medicals and PCC will still be valid after 1 year of submission.

paradoxunlimited

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
my fathers medical will expire on Dec 16th 2020. His file still in process, I opened a CSE but the reply is that they verified all info, all in place but due to covid its slower than normal time. So any idea what will happen once Dec 2020 is over and he needs to do re-medical again? Any body got PPR recently like in End of August or September?

paradoxunlimited

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
same for me.. exact problem.. I opened an inquery they told me blah blah we are still processing your application.

kate7878

Nov 7, 2016
I received an email from IRCC and it says the following. Do I need to resend them the completed file with my SIN? I’ve already sent them with the original application and gave them my consent to use my SIN for their checkup. I must mention we have an addition in our family.

“Please note that the following documentation will be required for your sponsorship application to determine whether you meet the minimum necessary income requirements to sponsor a parent or grandparent. In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:
 A completed and signed authorization form – IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship providing your Social Insurance Number.
o If you selected “Yes” to the Statement of Consent on this form and provided your Social Insurance Number, you authorize IRCC to request information from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) in regards to your, or the cosigner’s (if applicable), income tax information for the three consecutive years immediately preceding the received date of your application.
OR
o Ifyouselected“No”totheStatementofConsentonthisformthenyouwouldneedto provide in addition, a completed form - IMM 5748 - Income Sources for the Sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents and an original OPTION C-Printout for the three consecutive years immediately preceding the received date of your parents and grandparents sponsorship application. This document is not the same as the Notice of Assessment and the Option C available on your My Account. The Option C document is available free of charge by calling the CRA. To obtain this document please call CRA at 1-800-959-8281.