My timeline:
Invitation Received: April 26, 2019
Application sent: June 16, 2019
Application received in Ottawa: June 18, 2019
AOR: Nov 27, 2019
Biometrics requested: Feb 11, 2020
Biometrics done: February 17, 2020
Application was sent to Mexico for processing: Feb 13, 2020
We are Brazilians and my parents are currently in Brazil.

My questions: is it normal to take so long to receive the medical request? On the tracker, I see that almost everyone has received it already.

Wishing you well,

Greg.
Same country and LVO as you. Fole transferred there in November 2019 and so far NOTHING. :(

Shahp

Sep 6, 2020
There is a very good chance CERB will not be included when calculating LICO since EI for unemployment isn't.
Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully, they don't ask me for 2020 income or I am not screwed due to COVID. I thought all the taxable income would be considered, since same goes for maternity leave benifits o_O

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully, they don't ask me for 2020 income or I am not screwed due to COVID. I thought all the taxable income would be considered, since same goes for maternity leave benifits o_O
That's not correct, COVID income is taxable and hence will show up as your total income, So don't worry much you will be fine ..

Reactions: Shahp

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
EI income is taxable too and it is not considered for the LICO. My guess would be that for COVID income will be the same
EI is based on insurance premium paid hence not included, cerb will be considered as self employed income as it's not against any premiums paid and its a unique situation world has ever seen, i am 100% sure govt will consider this as income.

Laplaguita

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
EI is based on insurance premium paid hence not included, cerb will be considered as self employed income as it's not against any premiums paid and its a unique situation world has ever seen, i am 100% sure govt will consider this as income.
Only time will tell I guess. But in my opinion it won’t. But we are here just speculating until we know from the government for sure how it will be. Even, if they would be opening the program again or not.

Reactions: canuck78

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hello Everyone.
I had received a document request from CIC regarding my father's PGP 2019 application. They asked to submit a document for proof of relationship with my father. I had submitted my last held Indian passport with original submission. Not sure why are they asking for it again.

I am going to resubmit the copy of a) last held Indian passport, and b) copy of my school documents.

My question is:
My Father's middle name on my document is 'GoBind' while middle name on his application and all his document is 'GoVind'. With original application, I had submitted a self-attested letter explaining that both names are the same and 'Gobind and 'Govind' are used interchangeably in India.
As I am submitting my passport and education document to CIC (with GoBind as middle name), can this be a problem? Will CIC still consider Govind and Gobind as different names?

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Paul

@robertp @YULIA-2016
It's not a big deal. CIC understanding English name spelling can vary in non-English speaking countries. Provide whatever you have and write a letter indicating the spelling difference with an explanation (different office, different people write the name, absent of a proper ID etc).

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Only time will tell I guess. But in my opinion it won’t. But we are here just speculating until we know from the government for sure how it will be. Even, if they would be opening the program again or not.
No one knows for sure..just like no one knows if there will be a PGP 2020 invitation at all.

Stylish007

Apr 16, 2019
Please can anyone guide me if they are in same situation.
Application reached Mississauga Office: 30 April 2019
Other documents asked for and sent in October 2019
Biometric of parents done on 14 October 2019
Medicals done on 15 October 2019 (furtherance for sputum test for father and finished in Jan 2020)
Police Clearance (PCC) done on 23 October 2019.

Current Status: In Process

My Qs:
1. Has anyone in the same situation as mine heard if they are increasing the validity of Medical from one year to a further date?
2. Has anyone heard if PCC validity has increased?
3. How long does it take in status of "Decision Made" and "Passport request for visa stamping"?
4. Is there a chance that they can still make a negative decision (although I don't see any reason)?

Please advise.

Thanks and regards

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: lenalucky and kulb

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
That's not correct, COVID income is taxable and hence will show up as your total income, So don't worry much you will be fine ..
If you collect the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB), you’re still eligible to sponsor your spouse, parent, grandparent, child or other relative as long as you meet all the requirements to be a sponsor.

CERB isn’t considered social assistance. Collecting CERB won’t make you ineligible to sponsor.

EI and CERB won’t cause you to default

If the person you sponsored collects Employment Insurance (EI) or the CERB during the undertaking period, it will not cause you to default.

However, if the person you sponsored collects social assistance during the undertaking period, you have to repay the amount. If you don’t, you’ll be in default of your undertaking.

Note: EI income is taxable BUT not count for sponsorship. We are not sure about CERB yet.

Reactions: Shahp

shivibrar

Jun 9, 2015
Hi Shivi,
My parents are coming in the October month. I had a few concerns if you can share your experience with the landing process.

1) Still do my parents need 90 days temporary health coverage insurance? When OHIP will be covering my parents?

2) Do my parents need a physical plan for quarantine that they have to show to CBSA while landing or they can verbally say that they will be quarantined at my son’s house?

3) What are the services/documents they are qualified for like SIN, OHIP card etc etc?

4) What are the documents they need to carry along with them to show at Delhi airport and at Pearson airport?

Any response will be appreciated!!

Thanks,
Tarandeep
Hey Tarandeep,
answers below.
1) Still do my parents need 90 days temporary health coverage insurance? When OHIP will be covering my parents?
Due to COVID the OHIP starts the day they land. I am not sure how it will work as they can only apply for a health card after quarantine along with an address proof (which can take some time). . I am hoping incase required there would be a process for PR people without a health card.
https://www.ontario.ca/page/apply-ohip-and-get-health-card#:~:text=The Ontario Health Insurance Plan,health services you may need.&text=As of March 19, 2020,cost of COVID-19 services.

2) Do my parents need a physical plan for quarantine that they have to show to CBSA while landing or they can verbally say that they will be quarantined at my son’s house?
Yes they will have to submit a plan on paper about quarantine - we did mention a that my mom will stay at my house but she will have her own bedroom and washroom. I will provide food in the room.

3) What are the services/documents they are qualified for like SIN, OHIP card etc etc?
They qualify for all these SIN, OHIP applicable to any PR (will have to apply after quarantine) . Only thing they cannot get is financial benefits for 20 years.

4) What are the documents they need to carry along with them to show at Delhi airport and at Pearson airport?
Passport, Copr, proof of relation with you ( copy your PR card and passport may to show relationship) - this was asked multiple times at delhi airport. first officer didnt knew if she can travel so was sent to multiple ppl till it sorted put. So i would suggest a copy of the webpage that says they are travel exempt.
Hope it helps!

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
Last edited:
Reactions: shivibrar