+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

dextermaxter

Star Member
Mar 8, 2013
Hello All,

My apologies If I am writing this question in wrong thread but I am struggling a lot with Parents Sponsorship program and not getting any information. can you guys please answer the question below?

1- when CIC start accepting applications for parents, how early they inform on social media that its gonna open?
2- Any tips if I can download or see that form sample anywhere to prepare myself?

Thanks to everyone for taking time to read and response.

Anastasik

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Toronto
Hello All,

My apologies If I am writing this question in wrong thread but I am struggling a lot with Parents Sponsorship program and not getting any information. can you guys please answer the question below?

1- when CIC start accepting applications for parents, how early they inform on social media that its gonna open?
2- Any tips if I can download or see that form sample anywhere to prepare myself?

everything that you want to know is on their website https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

Reactions: dextermaxter

paulh

Star Member
Feb 22, 2010
Hello Everyone.
I had received a document request from CIC regarding my father's PGP 2019 application. They asked to submit a document for proof of relationship with my father. I had submitted my last held Indian passport with original submission. Not sure why are they asking for it again.

I am going to resubmit the copy of a) last held Indian passport, and b) copy of my school documents.

My question is:
My Father's middle name on my document is 'GoBind' while middle name on his application and all his document is 'GoVind'. With original application, I had submitted a self-attested letter explaining that both names are the same and 'Gobind and 'Govind' are used interchangeably in India.
As I am submitting my passport and education document to CIC (with GoBind as middle name), can this be a problem? Will CIC still consider Govind and Gobind as different names?

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Paul

@robertp @YULIA-2016

Laplaguita

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Hello Everyone.
I had received a document request from CIC regarding my father's PGP 2019 application. They asked to submit a document for proof of relationship with my father. I had submitted my last held Indian passport with original submission. Not sure why are they asking for it again.

I am going to resubmit the copy of a) last held Indian passport, and b) copy of my school documents.

My question is:
My Father's middle name on my document is 'GoBind' while middle name on his application and all his document is 'GoVind'. With original application, I had submitted a self-attested letter explaining that both names are the same and 'Gobind and 'Govind' are used interchangeably in India.
As I am submitting my passport and education document to CIC (with GoBind as middle name), can this be a problem? Will CIC still consider Govind and Gobind as different names?

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Paul

@robertp @YULIA-2016
Do you have old photos from you and your dad? I have heard people submitting that as well as proof.

Laplaguita

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Hello All,

for 1) this varies from year to year,due to COVID they haven’t opened the program this year. On 2019 they said something at the end of 2018 I believe
2) forms also varies from year to year, I suggest to read the requirements on the CIC web page and be patient

Reactions: dextermaxter

sandybrampton

Star Member
Dec 15, 2019
Hello Everyone.

My question is:

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Paul

@robertp @YULIA-2016
Do you have your birth certificate? That will contain your mother's name and hopefully, your father's India passport contains the name of your mother.

Fhn

Feb 4, 2020
Hello. Can someone please give me the link to the tracker?
Im on it.
medical request Feb 20, 2020, IME passed on March. Have not heard from them since then.

Reactions: serious_cheese

irfan777

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
I just received from CIC a request to fill IMM5768 Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grand Parents Sponsorship. I have been asked to fill and submit it, which I already did in 2019 at the timeof submitting my applications.
I dont know why I am asked again?
Imm5768 requires income disclousre of 3 consecutive taxation years preceding my application?
Should i put income for 2018, 2017,2016 or i should put the recent?
My application was submitted in march 2019

Seniors please help

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Hello,
I just received from CIC a request to fill IMM5768 Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grand Parents Sponsorship. I have been asked to fill and submit it, which I already did in 2019 at the timeof submitting my applications.
I dont know why I am asked again?
Imm5768 requires income disclousre of 3 consecutive taxation years preceding my application?
Should i put income for 2018, 2017,2016 or i should put the recent?
My application was submitted in march 2019

Seniors please help
Check this out,

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-and-grandparents-sponsorship-2019.611761/page-2804#post-8840711

Send them all you submitted already, including 2019.

Reactions: canuck78

atinbansal148

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-May-2014
Doc's Request.
13-Aug-2014
Med's Request
27-Oct-014
Med's Done....
2-Nov-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-Dec-2014
Any idea which month is currently CIC-mississauga office processing? I have submitted application on june3rd and its still stuck at medical results received

Greghmc

Sep 13, 2020
Hello everyone.

Hope you are all well & safe.

My timeline:
Invitation Received: April 26, 2019
Application sent: June 16, 2019
Application received in Ottawa: June 18, 2019
AOR: Nov 27, 2019
Biometrics requested: Feb 11, 2020
Biometrics done: February 17, 2020
Application was sent to Mexico for processing: Feb 13, 2020
We are Brazilians and my parents are currently in Brazil.

My questions: is it normal to take so long to receive the medical request? On the tracker, I see that almost everyone has received it already.

Wishing you well,

Greg.

Reactions: serious_cheese

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hello everyone.

Hope you are all well & safe.

My timeline:
Invitation Received: April 26, 2019
Application sent: June 16, 2019
Application received in Ottawa: June 18, 2019
AOR: Nov 27, 2019
Biometrics requested: Feb 11, 2020
Biometrics done: February 17, 2020
Application was sent to Mexico for processing: Feb 13, 2020
We are Brazilians and my parents are currently in Brazil.

My questions: is it normal to take so long to receive the medical request? On the tracker, I see that almost everyone has received it already.

Wishing you well,

Greg.
few applicant apply before you still waiting for Medical from Mexico VO.
here Mexico VO timeline >> https://sites.google.com/view/pgp2019/local-visa-office-list/mexico?authuser=0