+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

prishah

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys, I have applied for my parents PR for 2019. Time line is as following :
--> File send to CIC on 25th June 2019
--> Online status showing File received on 27th June 2019

Then I didn't get any status update at all. I'm just wonder what's happening on their side. Why it's taking longer time.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Good day Everyone,

I called IRCC this morning and discussed the letter requesting IMM5768 form again. She reviewed the PR application and mentioned that as the application was sent through mail, she could not review any forms as the officer has not scanned and uploaded them. She recommended sending the same form again which was sent originally with the application package if nothing changed. If something changed/got updated, then asked to advise the officer. Also, she asked to attach a letter mentioning if the officer requires current financials, (as the form mentions financials 3 years prior to the date application was sent) they can feel free to ask for it or check CRA account.

I reviewed the form IMM5768 (which I sent last year) and noticed that I did not elaborate the period of employment and mentioned the annual salary against that period. For ex: If I worked in a company from Jan 2016 till Sep 2019, I mentioned that in one row and listed the annual package under the gross income column. When I looked at the form again, I got confused myself. I believe my thought last year was that I authorized IRCC to retrieve my income information from the CRA, which is why I only listed the annual package.

What I am thinking now is to split the employment history into multiple rows detailing out each calendar year starting Jan 2016 till June 2019 (when the application was sent) and send a letter mentioning the changes I made to this form vs what I submitted earlier and if they require financials (July 2019 till present), they can ask for it or review CRA accounts. Please advise if I should be doing something additional here.

I hope this information helps forum members who received request to resend IMM5786 again. @deepi06, and @ron09.

PS: @canuck78 - I hope I answered your questions. If not, please let me know.

Regards
Better if you use MyAccount CRA to breakdown your annual income for 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019. You can access all T4s and NOAs for past six years there. No need to split income for 2019 (Jan-June). Just include whole of 2019.

Last edited:

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello Guys, I have applied for my parents PR for 2019. Time line is as following :

Then I didn't get any status update at all. I'm just wonder what's happening on their side. Why it's taking longer time.
Not many applicants of June 25 have made any progress because of Covid19 situation. You can compare your status with others in the trackers and send your details to be included in the tracker.

Please tag @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese to add / update your info in tracker

Line # in tracker:if applicable
Sponsored People:
Parents Country of Citizenship:
Sponsor Province:
Invitations Receive Date:
Application received in Ottawa Date:
AoR Received (DATE):
Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:
Appl. receivedIn ProcessDecision made
Date:Date:Date:
Ecas Status for permanent resident Application:
Appl. receivedIn ProcessDecision made
Date:Date:Date:
Local Visa Office Name:
Biometric request :
MyCIC update:
IME (Medical )
IME RequestIME Passed
Date:Date:
PCC request:
Additional document / travel history request date :
PR decision made date :
PPR date :
Comment / additional information :

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
I got my mother's application file number in December,19 but it was showing under process still. Today i have seen that under sponsorship heading, they
added this line that processing of application started on September 04. What they will do under this process.
Did you receive AOR letter?

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

pandemic? they haven't been working to their full capacity.
looks like they are back to work though, i see more and more updates for June applicants

deepi06

Jun 23, 2015
Good day Everyone,

I called IRCC this morning and discussed the letter requesting IMM5768 form again. She reviewed the PR application and mentioned that as the application was sent through mail, she could not review any forms as the officer has not scanned and uploaded them. She recommended sending the same form again which was sent originally with the application package if nothing changed. If something changed/got updated, then asked to advise the officer. Also, she asked to attach a letter mentioning if the officer requires current financials, (as the form mentions financials 3 years prior to the date application was sent) they can feel free to ask for it or check CRA account.

I reviewed the form IMM5768 (which I sent last year) and noticed that I did not elaborate the period of employment and mentioned the annual salary against that period. For ex: If I worked in a company from Jan 2016 till Sep 2019, I mentioned that in one row and listed the annual package under the gross income column. When I looked at the form again, I got confused myself. I believe my thought last year was that I authorized IRCC to retrieve my income information from the CRA, which is why I only listed the annual package.

What I am thinking now is to split the employment history into multiple rows detailing out each calendar year starting Jan 2016 till June 2019 (when the application was sent) and send a letter mentioning the changes I made to this form vs what I submitted earlier and if they require financials (July 2019 till present), they can ask for it or review CRA accounts. Please advise if I should be doing something additional here.

I hope this information helps forum members who received request to resend IMM5786 again. @deepi06, and @ron09.

PS: @canuck78 - I hope I answered your questions. If not, please let me know.

Regards
Thanks @Sid Malhotra for sharing more information. I am going to send the form I sent the last time again. Sending in a new form may confuse the officer, so will let them know I sent it last time and am re-sending again.

hybridin

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
I was asked to resubmit an updated copy of IMM 5768 (Fin evaluation). They also suggested to do it online. So here is the question: do I need to print/sign/scan it or just send the filled out PDF?

Tarandeep Sabharwal

Feb 2, 2019
hello everyone,
Finally, My mom landed today from India. The process was smooth and no hassle at all.
Thanks everyone in the group for their advice, hope you are united with your family soon.
Hi Shivi,
My parents are coming in the October month. I had a few concerns if you can share your experience with the landing process.

1) Still do my parents need 90 days temporary health coverage insurance? When OHIP will be covering my parents?

2) Do my parents need a physical plan for quarantine that they have to show to CBSA while landing or they can verbally say that they will be quarantined at my son’s house?

3) What are the services/documents they are qualified for like SIN, OHIP card etc etc?

4) What are the documents they need to carry along with them to show at Delhi airport and at Pearson airport?

Any response will be appreciated!!

Thanks,
Tarandeep

ELH

May 26, 2014
Hello everyone.. did anyone try to transfer their parents application from the LVO to CPC-Mississauga? What is the process and how long does it take?
Would appreciate your feedback if someone have done it already .. I called IRCC to ask whether my parents can come with their supervisa while the LVO processing their application which seems to be at the final stages and they told me I can request a transfer

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hello everyone.. did anyone try to transfer their parents application from the LVO to CPC-Mississauga? What is the process and how long does it take?
Would appreciate your feedback if someone have done it already .. I called IRCC to ask whether my parents can come with their supervisa while the LVO processing their application which seems to be at the final stages and they told me I can request a transfer
There is no any process to transfer your file from LVO to CPC-M.
Make sure you update your parents Canadian address online or via webform.

Reactions: ELH