+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Manveer Sandhu

Jul 25, 2019
Can you pls share the format form?? AORs issued in 2020 contain a bit different contexts compared with 2019z
It is asking to submit those only if you haven’t sent it already!!
so I don’t think you need to send again!!
That just seems to be the template they are using now. No harm in sending again but not required it already submitted

Last edited:

Manveer Sandhu

Jul 25, 2019
Here is an excerpt from the letter:

'Please note that the following documentation will be required for your sponsorship application to determine whether you meet the minimum necessary income requirements to sponsor a parent or grandparent. In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:  A completed and signed authorization form – IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship providing your Social Insurance Number. '

In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included in your application -
I already included this form in the application package. Should I ignore this letter? It is so confusing!
It says if not already included so should be fine

deepi06

Jun 23, 2015
@deepi06 @Sid Malhotra and @ron09

Good afternoon All,

I Hope the following link may help you understand why you all got the request to resubmit IMM5768.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-circumstance.html#circumstances

If a visa officer receives new information suggesting that the sponsor no longer meets the income test, they may request that CPC-M reassess the sponsors' income (R120). CPC-M will request that the sponsor submit additional documents or information as evidence of their income and financial status for the 12-month period preceding the date that the officer receives the new information. A reassessment should be requested only when an applicant has met all other requirements.

A question to you all, have you guys received sponsorship approval, last year? Have you reported any change to your circumstances (addition of a family member, Change in the marital status of the sponsor)?

I have reported a change last December and still waiting for SA approval. After ordering GCMS notes, I found they approved my sponsorship last year on Sep 11, so if they are sending FINANCIAL EVALUATION again, I believe I will receive the same request in the coming days.
@Paul09 - I have not changed anything on my application.

Rob1985

Jul 30, 2020
Today I got a call from IRCC to confirm if my parents are in Canada. My status is DM2 since March.

The Agent said that the file is approved and they will transfer the file to London, Ontario office for landing etc.

We didn't get any CoPR etc so far.

When should I expect call from IRCC/ local London, Ontario office, and what will be the next steps?

deepi06

Jun 23, 2015
After reading CIC email again with clear mind, it says they received my application to sponsor my father (who is principal applicant) AND also says in bold if not already submitted, then to send them the IMM5768 form. I do not see a linked application in my CIC account either.

Tangguoer

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
Today I got a call from IRCC to confirm if my parents are in Canada. My status is DM2 since March.

The Agent said that the file is approved and they will transfer the file to London, Ontario office for landing etc.

We didn't get any CoPR etc so far.

When should I expect call from IRCC/ local London, Ontario office, and what will be the next steps?
You will get corp in email in next few days.

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
Here is the link, for applying GCMS notes. You will need a filled consent form from your parents and $5 fees.

consent form
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/forms/request-5744.html

Apply for GCMS notes
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html

Soon after the sponsorship approval, most of the applicants received Biometric and PCC request. After ordering my GCMS notes, I found out that, they put my application on-hold, as there were no means to provide Biometrics in Canada(parents are on supervise in Canada) and they were thinking to refund paid Biometrics fees, but eventually started taking Bio at Service Canada and the file never got touched after that. I got married in Nov and when I applied for my spousal sponsorship, I had to report a change in marital status and an increase in the number of family members.
I don't think that a consent form and/or fees is required. I ordered GCMS twice regarding sponsorship of my mother and received them. I did not include consent form and notes were requested under Privacy Act which does not require a fees.

Reactions: Verba

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
I don't think that a consent form and/or fees is required. I ordered GCMS twice regarding sponsorship of my mother and received them. I did not include consent form and notes were requested under Privacy Act which does not require a fees.
Both are different applications. I order both and the main application holds more information, sponsorship GCMS notes have more blank pages(information hidden).

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
After reading CIC email again with clear mind, it says they received my application to sponsor my father (who is principal applicant) AND also says in bold if not already submitted, then to send them the IMM5768 form. I do not see a linked application in my CIC account either.
I would still recommend, calling them and confirming if you still need to submit an updated form.

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations to AOR applications... happy to see they are back to work.
To resubmit financial form now 3 year means 2019,2018,2017 ?
NOA is enough or Option C is needed too?

Reactions: deepi06

acalinao

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
I received an email this morning after almost an year confirming CIC received my sponsorship application. But like a few others on here this morning, I have also been asked to provide them with the IMM5768 form again. I am not sure if this a AOR or this is still on its way to becoming a final AOR once they review the financial information. Anybody knows?
That is your AOR. It’s a generic letter and says if you did not submit this form with your original package, then you must submit it now.