+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Sid Malhotra

Sep 10, 2020
Nope.
1Completeness check ( all forms submitted/ no signature missed. If you stated spouse deceased but not provided death cert -> asked after provided -> AOR issued)
2. If 1st met, Inprocess -> income check/ criminal, wellfare,... ( sponsor side)
3. If 3 met -> files may be transfered to local visa for Sponsored persons check. ( medical, pcc,...)
So technically if they asked for additional docs does not mean you passed income check unless you received Sponsor approval.
Great, thanks for the details!
Step 1 does not apply for me as my wife co-signed the application.
Seems I am at the second step and they require income validation, again. And then proceed to step 3 to transfer to visa office, if approved.

My wife (co-signer) is currently on CERB since April 2020 (laid off due to COVID). Do you think that might be a dampener to Sponsor approval?

Sid Malhotra

Sep 10, 2020
But the form says, THREE consecutive years prior to your application, so that means if we applied in 2019, we should only include January 2016-Dec2018. But I don't know why there's a "PRESENT" fixed on the first row of the second column. Am I wrong?
That's correct! I am not sure. Sorry :(

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Great, thanks for the details!
Step 1 does not apply for me as my wife co-signed the application.
Seems I am at the second step and they require income validation, again. And then proceed to step 3 to transfer to visa office, if approved.

My wife (co-signer) is currently on CERB since April 2020 (laid off due to COVID). Do you think that might be a dampener to Sponsor approval?
Sorry if you dont mind. Can you pls share your family sizes and incomes ( guess number) for these years. It sounds to me like something incorrect. CERB started this year. No one knows does it effect or not until the end of this year or IRCC updates. This is no the reason for reassess. Even my sister gave birth and process is over a year. They have never asked for reassessent.

Reactions: Verba

Sid Malhotra

Sep 10, 2020
Sorry if you dont mind. Can you pls share your family sizes and incomes ( guess number) for these years. It sounds to me like something incorrect. CERB started this year. No one knows does it effect or not until the end of this year or IRCC updates. This is no the reason for reassess. Even my sister gave birth and process is over a year. They have never asked for reassessent.
No worries.
My family size (including my mother) is 4 and family income over $85k since 2016.

Sid Malhotra

Sep 10, 2020
Perfect. Have you/wife ever sponsored someone in the past as pr and still responsible financially for it??
No. It's my brother in law whom I signed for PNP before. This made me curious this morning as I did not include his details earlier in the application and they would be asking me again. But like you said he is over 22 years old and not dependent on me, so not to mention his details.

I am honestly confused and concerned.

shivibrar

Jun 9, 2015
Thanks
They didn’t ask for picture for PR card?
that was asked at the Delhi airport to prove the immediate relationship. the first officer in delhi didnt knew that immediate family member with COPR issued after march 18 are allowed. but they passed her to second officer who knew the recent changes in rules.

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
If parents come on visitor visa, do we have to show income proof along with relationship proof?

fortgirl

Jun 22, 2019
Hey guys, for the biometric request, do we get separate letters for all dependants in the application or only for the applicant?

I only got the request letter for my dad, who is the main applicant, not sure if we should wait for letters for my mum and brother.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
I received an email this morning after almost an year confirming CIC received my sponsorship application. But like a few others on here this morning, I have also been asked to provide them with the IMM5768 form again. I am not sure if this a AOR or this is still on its way to becoming a final AOR once they review the financial information. Anybody knows?

Can one of the admins update my status on the tracking sheet as well - Line 809.

Thanks and have a wonderful day :)
@deepi06 @Sid Malhotra and @ron09

Good afternoon All,

I Hope the following link may help you understand why you all got the request to resubmit IMM5768.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-circumstance.html#circumstances

If a visa officer receives new information suggesting that the sponsor no longer meets the income test, they may request that CPC-M reassess the sponsors' income (R120). CPC-M will request that the sponsor submit additional documents or information as evidence of their income and financial status for the 12-month period preceding the date that the officer receives the new information. A reassessment should be requested only when an applicant has met all other requirements.

A question to you all, have you guys received sponsorship approval, last year? Have you reported any change to your circumstances (addition of a family member, Change in the marital status of the sponsor)?

I have reported a change last December and still waiting for SA approval. After ordering GCMS notes, I found they approved my sponsorship last year on Sep 11, so if they are sending FINANCIAL EVALUATION again, I believe I will receive the same request in the coming days.