+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Of course your application will be delayed. Why would you tell them to check with CRA if you know you have not filed? CRA won’t have any information. So yes, you will need to file your taxes and re-submit the form.
Not delayed at all. As long as you have TAX INFORMATION.
CRA will send back NO FILED
But the important thing is to make sure he meets financial requirements.

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Hi india_user25, thank you for your prompt response.
You mean the person I sponsored? My brother-in-law's application was approved in 2017 and he and his family landed in Canada in 2018.
Nope did you check your ecas status?? What it says??
I guess your application is over 1 year since received date. If more information merges showing you MAY NOT meet financial requirements. They have rights to reassess.

Ramona2019

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hi everyone
I need your URGENT help....my parents PR visa is expiring in less than a month. Their visa issued in Feb 2020 so as per CIC email they are eligible to enter Canada. The Emirates airline is asking us ti provide a CoPR. We didnt receive a CoPR. Has anyone else got this document?
Or how can I get it immediately?
Thanks a million

ron09

Apr 8, 2018
Good Day,

I applied under PGP sponsorship for my mother in June 2019 and today I got a letter from IRCC asking me to submit Form IMM5768 (Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship) asap.

I had a couple of questions:

1. I had submitted this form originally in June 2019 when I submitted the complete application package. Not sure why they require again. Did anyone else receive a request to submit this form again?

2. I signed application for Provincial Nominee program (PNP) for my brother in law in 2017. Should I be mentioning this information in Section 9 of the form below? If yes, then this shall impact the minimum income requirement for the application.

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5768e.pdf

Regards
We're in the same boat. We just received that letter an hour ago. I don't know what this means, we already filled out this form before and submitted to them.

Reactions: Sid Malhotra

Sid Malhotra

Sep 10, 2020
Nope did you check your ecas status?? What it says??
I guess your application is over 1 year since received date. If more information merges showing you MAY NOT meet financial requirements. They have rights to reassess.
The ecas status mentions 'APPLICATION RECEIVED'. And yes, you have a valid point that IRCC has the right to reassess financials as it's over an year now. And they have the right to reassess financials till the time the applicant becomes a PR.

My question here is does signing for PNP applications count as sponsorship for others? My brother in law and his family was and not dependent on me. Should we only mention people whom we sponsor who are dependent on us or all whom we have sponsored, irrespective of type of application?

ron09

Apr 8, 2018
The ecas status mentions 'APPLICATION RECEIVED'. And yes, you have a valid point that IRCC has the right to reassess financials as it's over an year now. And they have the right to reassess financials till the time the applicant becomes a PR.

My question here is does signing for PNP applications count as sponsorship for others? My brother in law and his family was and not dependent on me. Should we only mention people whom we sponsor who are dependent on us or all whom we have sponsored, irrespective of type of application?
I think it will be based on what you have signed before for your brother in law. I would go back to those documents and check the details.

Chrobik

Jun 28, 2019
Anyone had experience receiving passport request twice? Received on July 24 and mailed passport to Ottawa, today received passport request letter again, but our passport it Ottawa office yet.
Yes, I got the reminder yesterday to submit it Ottawa. It is in Ottawa since June 21. I think we are both in the same situation. Not sure what to do anymore as sending web form generates only the generic reply.

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
Yes, I got the reminder yesterday to submit it Ottawa. It is in Ottawa since June 21. I think we are both in the same situation. Not sure what to do anymore as sending web form generates only the generic reply.
Actually it is not reminder, it is new PPR and a little different, for example
the step 3 is missing from the 2nd one
STEP 3: Visa Validity
You will need to enter Canada before your medical results expire. Medical results are valid for one year from the date of your immigration medical examination. If you and your dependants underwent the medical examination on different dates, the earliest date applies to the whole family.

Chrobik

Jun 28, 2019
Actually it is not reminder, it is new PPR and a little different, for example
the step 3 is missing from the 2nd one
STEP 3: Visa Validity
You will need to enter Canada before your medical results expire. Medical results are valid for one year from the date of your immigration medical examination. If you and your dependants underwent the medical examination on different dates, the earliest date applies to the whole family.
My was just simple email reminder to submit it to Ottawa. No new request. It came from Vienna LVO.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
If I submitted form IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation for Parents & Grandparents Sponsorship, and I ticked the consent for IRCC to get my information from CRA, would my application get delayed if I have no filed my taxes the last two years? I know the obvious answer is yes, but has anyone been through this? Thanks a lot! I just did not get around filing my taxes but my income is sufficient for the sponsorship requirements.
Do you have a cosigner? And the income met the required level? It may cause some delay. You should have entered 0 income if you didn't file taxes and knew that you have no income those 2 years (assumption that you used your cosigner income sololy)
May be time to submit an updated IMM 5768 with the income amount (if it's 0) instead of asking them to check with CRA.

If you use your own income to meet sponsorship BUT didn't file any tax the last 2 years, you may want to file your tax return ASAP.
But IRCC may check your income before CRA accept your return. I am confused with how you did that without NOA of last 2 years?

Anastasik

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Toronto
Hi everyone
I need your URGENT help....my parents PR visa is expiring in less than a month. Their visa issued in Feb 2020 so as per CIC email they are eligible to enter Canada. The Emirates airline is asking us ti provide a CoPR. We didnt receive a CoPR. Has anyone else got this document?
Or how can I get it immediately?
Thanks a million
They give you copr when they stamp the passport.
call vso office where your parents sent their passports to

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015

Nope. Dependants defined ONLY on the website. Brother in law, over 22yrs old, married, .... not a part of ur application
When you signed PNP. He got points for that not saying you will be responsible financially for him.

Sid Malhotra

Sep 10, 2020
Nope. Dependants defined ONLY on the website. Brother in law, over 22yrs old, married, .... not a part of ur application
When you signed PNP. He got points for that not saying you will be responsible financially for him.
Thanks so much. Makes sense. Really appreciate your thoughts here.