+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Anastasik

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Toronto
Hi, wanted to share from my experience: my parents came to Canada in July. Before the flight i contacted Canadian Ambassador in their country and they provide us with a letter, which says, they are allowed to enter Canada. They were asked to present this letter during boarding process and also in Canada. We provided all the documents to Ambassador (birth certificate and my Canadian passport).
What country are you from? :)

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
I called IRCC today and they told me that our file is moved to NDVO. She said the file is actually in CPC-M but will be worked on by NDVO. She said that reason for that might be the workload that the immigration office has herein Canada.

My parent's current address is of Canada as they are currently here and I did tell her that, but she said she can't do anything in it.

For our file, DM2 is since March and after that, there has been no movement at all.
What's your Ecas saying?

alexpritie

Apr 30, 2013
We are travelling on visitor visa as immediate family members of PR. As he has asked that whether travel is possible or not on valid super visa and expired COPR. But travel on valid super visa is possible for immediate family members ( Parents) . What is the status of travelling validity for expired COPR I have no idea.
When are you traveling and which flight

alexpritie

Apr 30, 2013
@alexpritie @geol : Once Immigrant Visa issued to any applicant, all other valid visas for Canada is automatically canceled. I called IRCC called the centre and they have informed me. Airport officer allowed my friend's parents but took original passport for admissibility hearing.[ They were travelling valid supervisa but expired COPR] Officer explained them they are not allowed to enter without authorization letter from New delhi. Double check before you move ahead.
I have sent the ticket and both visa to New Delhi and CIC webform. I hope they will let her travel on super visa

Chikki24

Aug 11, 2018
Hello members!
Any parents here did 6 months medication for tb? Unfortunately my sister and my mom diagnosed that they had ! Are they Really need to finish whole 6 months for treatment ?
I'm so stressed out right now
Our application was already 2 years and still not done!

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Hello members!
Any parents here did 6 months medication for tb? Unfortunately my sister and my mom diagnosed that they had ! Are they Really need to finish whole 6 months for treatment ?
If they ONLY needed 6months. They still lucky. My uncle virus against all drugs he had to finish 2 yrs treatment. But as long as your mom have never failed treatmenf it BEFORE. And follow instruction. It will be fine.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello members!
Yes they must finish 6 months of treatment and redo their x-rays and sputum tests. If those are negative their application will continue to be processed. As others have pointed out, if they are still positive further treatment will be required.
Canada has a lower level of TB infection and wants to keep it that way.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, great . You take a printout and keep with other documents . Now there is no confusion. It is very much clear and he is eligible to travel and come to Canada.
The brother still doesn't qualify because he is not a dependent of the brother he is a dependent of the parents.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@Rhill @geol @K0c4nbi3t @zeiesfirdaus @canuck78

sorry to bother you guys but i was just reading the actaul defination of depndants. i will link them below:

You are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR and:

• the COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020 OR
  • the COPR was issued after March 18th, 2020 and you are an immediate family membersponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (note that grandparents are not considered immediate family members and cannot come to Canada at this time) OR
  • you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)
To meet the travel restriction exemptions, you must also:

• be coming to Canada to settle permanently (you cannot come to Canada and leave to go live in another country, even if it’s temporary)
  • show you’re able to quarantine for 14 day

when we click on immediate family member:

Who is an immediate family member
An immediate family member is defined as a

and when we click on dependent child it comes:

Dependant : spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a permanent resident or principal applicant.

Dependent child
A child who is under the maximum age and is not married or in a common law relationship. Generally, to qualify as dependants, children must
  • be under 22 years old
  • not have a spouse or common-law partner
Note: a child’s age is usually “locked in” when we get a complete application.
Use our online tool to check if your child qualifies as a dependant.
Exception: Children who are at the age limit or older can qualify as “over-age” dependants if they
  • have depended on their parents for financial support since before they reached the age limit and
  • can’t financially support themselves due to a mental or physical condition
Previous age limits:
The age limit has changed in recent years. If your application has been in process for a while, one of the older definitions of dependent child may apply. Generally, we use the rules in place when we get your complete application. Previous age limits for a dependent child:
  • From August 1, 2014 to October 23, 2017: under 19 years old
  • On or before July 31, 2014: under 22 years old
Note: The rules for over-age dependants are different for applications that were submitted on or before July 31, 2014.

dont u guys think the first defination of dependent which is in bold letters my brother fits in that criteria?
Your brother isn't your dependent. Once your parents land and have their PR cards then your brother can travel. He can even try with their signed landing documents after they arrive in Canada. No guarantees whether the airline will accept only the signed COPR by immigration after they land if he has a TRV.

geol

Dec 18, 2014
The brother still doesn't qualify because he is not a dependent of the brother he is a dependent of the parents.
You should understand this explanation :
("and when we click on dependent child it comes:

Dependant : spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a permanent resident or principal applicant.")