+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Tarandeep Sabharwal

Feb 2, 2019
Hi everyone,

I got a few question

My parents got COPR on 18 March 2020.
Are they allowed to board on AIR INDIA repatriation flights or not as boarding is very confusing and stressful at this point in time?

As AI says domestic passengers are not allowed on these flights? Just wondering, my parents are Indian nationals with COPR issued on 18 March 2020?

Can someone share their experience?

Also, can someone help me with the steps involved from boarding to landing in the current scenario if my parents take this repatriation flight from India?

I heard about arrive can app. What's the purpose of this app?

Thanks in advance!

manishlahori

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Experts please guide, there is no movement in my file, still saying application received from January 28, 2020. My application transferred to NDVO office in February. I am June 14th applicant. Please guide.

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
No your brother is no considered your immediate family. He is considered immediate family of your parents,
@ZOYAMAN13 This is the correct answer. In my opinion, based on information available on Canada's website, your parents coming here (in light of the current travel restrictions) will not be an issue but it can't be said the same of your brother right now.

Just a thought - perhaps your parents can land first to become PR's and your brother can come later as an immediate family member of a PR.

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13 and geol

capricorrn

Jan 27, 2017
My parents have a Super visa. Their medical is approved and they have also received Pre-arrival services letter in June but there is no activity after that.
Are they allowed to enter Canada on Super visa ? Experts please advice.

amop

Feb 28, 2014
Hello Everyone..

I got a letter from CIC regarding following docs needed after 6 months of submitting all docs they woke up !

1. Death certificate - which was attached in original application
2. Biometrics letter - which was completed in Canada on Dec 4th 2019 - the biometrics number is there in her account -------- DO I do biometrics again

3. for me - my 5th class / middle standard/ matriculation needed for proof of relationship along with voter and aadhar card
( DO I send all of the docs ) mentioned above

Please give your suggestions esp for point 2 and point 3

Thanks

• Sad
Reactions: kulb

acalinao

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Is a person less likely to be approved for a supervisa if waiting for results of a PGP application? The reason I ask is because this could possibly show that they don’t intend to leave Canada when the visa expires. Is there even any point of applying?

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
So there's no way my brother can come with my parents end of September?

Even though my MP emailed he was part of the application he will be fine.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Hi everyone,

I got a few question

My parents got COPR on 18 March 2020.
Are they allowed to board on AIR INDIA repatriation flights or not as boarding is very confusing and stressful at this point in time?

As AI says domestic passengers are not allowed on these flights? Just wondering, my parents are Indian nationals with COPR issued on 18 March 2020?

Can someone share their experience?

Also, can someone help me with the steps involved from boarding to landing in the current scenario if my parents take this repatriation flight from India?

I heard about arrive can app. What's the purpose of this app?

Thanks in advance!
1. Your parents are exempt from travel restrictions because they got COPR "on 18 March 2020" which is the cut off date for people to travel with their COPRs. Here is the link to CIC page and scroll down to "If we already approved your PR".

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

2. Your parents are not domestic passengers as they are travelling to Canada. What I think AI meant was that if there's a connecting flight within your country, some folks may not be allowed onboard. But, I don't have specific knowledge with regard to India and its restrictions.

3. My suggestion is to type up the explanation as to why they are exempt under current Canadian restrictions and why they are travelling with a link to the official CIC site in case they want to verify the info. I'd hilight the date they got COPR and show the relevant travel exemption from Canada. One of my friends said that she got emails from CIC notifying her that her parents are exempt from travel restrictions. If you got those emails, include that in your explanation. That will help along with questions from airlines, and help facilitate with boarding and landing process.

4. ArriveCan App is specifically for quarantine plan for people who are travelling from outside Canada. You can download it on your phone or fill it out on the web 48 hours before they travel. Once completed, it will give you two bar codes. Send those codes to your parents for them to print and bring along with them. They need to show it to CBSA upon landing at Vancouver or Toronto airports.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

vividglider

Jul 17, 2018
@YULIA-2016 : Please update the tracker:

Biometric Request: December 06, 2019; Biometric Completed: December 30, 2019

Sponsorship Decision Made: Approved, December 13, 2019

IME Request: February 3, 2020 ; Medical Passed: February 25, 2020

PCC Request: February 3, 2020 ; PCC Submitted: February 24, 2020

Additional Info Request: February 3, 2020 (IMM 5562) ; Document IMM 5562 Submitted: February 24, 2020

PGP PR application status: In-process (currently reviewing additional info/doing background check)
Hi @YULIA-2016 @robertp:

As of the online account, here are additional details for updating the tracker.

Review of medical results: February 25, 2020, Passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: February 24, 2020, CIC is reviewing the additional documents I provided - IMM5562 and PCC
Invitation to Pre-arrival Services: June 23, 2020
Application for PR: In-process
New Delhi Visa Office

By quickly glancing at the tracker and forum, it appears a lot of folks are waiting to hear from NDVO. Have you noticed a similar pattern? Do you think inquiring about the application will make any difference?

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
My parents completed landing a month ago and we re still waiting for their PR card to arrive.
How do we know where would PR card be delivered? Is there a way we can confirm this online?
Is there PR card tracking system?