Passport Req..
19-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-2012
LANDED..........
03-01-2012
Hello Experts,

I am May 22nd 2019 applicant.

I was required by CPC-Mississauga to hand in updated passports, police certificates, resume etc back in December 2019. I prepared all documents and email in also in December 2019.

Until now, I haven't heard anything from them. Then I just realized in the letter, they mentioned totaling email attachment should be less than 5MB. But my attachments are total 9MB. Will that cause an issue for them to receive documents? If I use webform to confirm, will they answer me?
Thank you so much in advance.

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
My parents got approved for permanent residence back in March, 2020 and since they have been stuck in India and unable to travel.

Even though I want my parents to travel before their visa expires (in August), I am very concerned about their health as they are old and number of cases of COVID are increasing rapidly.

I wanted to ask experts here -- I am looking to get some knowledge about travel insurance options (before OHIP kicks in - should be 3 to 4 months). Do you know if these insurance companies cover emergency/medical related expenses due to COVID?
COVID expenses will be covered by OHIP

Reactions: serious_cheese

Edilson GO

Apr 25, 2019
Hi All, I sent a question to the Mexico office to follow up on the decision made for PA. I told them I didn’t receive anything letting me know what the decision was and they replied today with this:

I can confirm that the file has been approved but that, do to the coronavirus pandemic, we are not in a position to proceed to the final steps. Mexico has officially declared the coronavirus pandemic a national public health emergency; suspending all but essential activities in the private and public sectors and asking the population to stay home. Accordingly, the Immigration section of the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City is currently working with essential staff only and providing essential urgent services through teleworking. This limits our ability to process paper-based applications, to request/receive passports, and to print visas. Equally, we are not in a position to extend or re-issue permanent resident visas for those who are unable to travel before the expiration of their documents. We will be in contact with you with further instructions when we are able to do so.
Hi All, I sent a question to the Mexico office to follow up on the decision made for PA. I told them I didn’t receive anything letting me know what the decision was and they replied today with this:

I can confirm that the file has been approved but that, do to the coronavirus pandemic, we are not in a position to proceed to the final steps. Mexico has officially declared the coronavirus pandemic a national public health emergency; suspending all but essential activities in the private and public sectors and asking the population to stay home. Accordingly, the Immigration section of the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City is currently working with essential staff only and providing essential urgent services through teleworking. This limits our ability to process paper-based applications, to request/receive passports, and to print visas. Equally, we are not in a position to extend or re-issue permanent resident visas for those who are unable to travel before the expiration of their documents. We will be in contact with you with further instructions when we are able to do so.

please, what is mexico's email or phone number?

Skaur

Feb 11, 2009
Good Day All,

I need some advice, Ordered GCMS Notes and pretty much it’s just the documentation that I have sent originally as a sponsor and I can see social assistance check which was completed and Sponsor status is a decision made and File was transferred to London Office in Oct 2019. Received AOR, Biometrics request and since then it is “In process” since Oct 19, 2019.

GCMS Notes does not indicate anything from Visa Officer in fact 0% since AOR received and Biometrics submitted in Oct 2019. This is concerning because I understand this COVID situation but that was mid-march and my file has been sitting idle since Oct 19, 2020.

Can anyone shed some light on this if this is a normal timeline or should I be concerned?

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
I am not asking about OHIP. I am asking about private insurance companies like ManuLife etc.
Of course it would be covered as any acute issue. but insurance company knows that as for now COVID related illness and any required tests are covered by OHIP

Chikki24

Aug 11, 2018
Thank you! I will ask my mother to call.

Dear Valued Client,

This is to acknowledge your email inquiry. We have informed our medical staff regarding your follow-up.

Please be informed that all medical follow-ups will be scheduled. You will be contacted through phone call or email regarding your schedule as IOM Manila Health Centre has taken the Infection Prevention and Control measures in our facility to protect our clients against the spread of Covid-19.

Please keep your lines open and/or check your email regularly.

Thank you.

IOM Manila Health Centre

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
Good Day,
my wife is co-signed my parents application under PGP 2019. Now, she lost her Job. If we apply for EI, would that affect my parents application? They have passed medical and all.

Also, in future, she wants to apply for her Parents immigration, would he EI will be a problem? (Ofcouse, I will cosign and I belive our family income should be enough to support all.)

Please advice if you have come across similar situation.
Thanks!
Not likely that they will check income now. However note that ei income is reduced from your total income. So if line 150 shows 200k and you had 10k ei than IRCC will count 190k as your total.

Reactions: canuck78

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
Anyone called IRCC call centre? Did you ask whether CPC-M is working or not?

jason111

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2011
AOR Received.
15-10-2011
Med's Request
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Passport Req..
19-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-2012
LANDED..........
03-01-2012

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
My parents got approved for permanent residence back in March, 2020 and since they have been stuck in India and unable to travel.

Even though I want my parents to travel before their visa expires (in August), I am very concerned about their health as they are old and number of cases of COVID are increasing rapidly.

I wanted to ask experts here -- I am looking to get some knowledge about travel insurance options (before OHIP kicks in - should be 3 to 4 months). Do you know if these insurance companies cover emergency/medical related expenses due to COVID?
1-Everyone in Canada (including visitors) is covered for Covid. So from the day they land, they will be covered.
2- Three months waiting period for OHIP has been waived off. The day you submit application at Service Ontario, OHIP coverage will start. When they land here, they will already have their passports and COPRs. They will need a third document as address proof. The easiest is mailed bank statement which takes approximately one month. So yes, you will need insurance coverage for approximately 45 days. Compare quotes with Destination Canada also.