+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Bunnylovehay

May 21, 2020
Hello! June 24 candidate here. Nothing but a file number so far. Can anyone share a progress tracking spread sheet that’s been updated? Thanks

renukavasanth

Nov 3, 2019
To Expert,
Is anyone extended the Visitor VISA for their parents after CV-19 pandemic started. My mom is PGP intake 2019 candidate, When I applied PGP in 2019, she was in CA then after 6 months she visited US and back again to Canada. When she re-entered, the immigration officer did not stamped in the passport, now she is at 5 months period in 2nd visit. Do we need to apply for visiting visa extension.
NOTE: Her application for PGP is still in process (Jun 03 Candidate).
Suggestion is really appreciated.

Best Regards.
Vasanth.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
To Expert,
Is anyone extended the Visitor VISA for their parents after CV-19 pandemic started. My mom is PGP intake 2019 candidate, When I applied PGP in 2019, she was in CA then after 6 months she visited US and back again to Canada. When she re-entered, the immigration officer did not stamped in the passport, now she is at 5 months period in 2nd visit. Do we need to apply for visiting visa extension.
NOTE: Her application for PGP is still in process (Jun 03 Candidate).
Suggestion is really appreciated.

Best Regards.
Vasanth.
My parents were in similar situation. They also visited US twice but their passports were not stamped. They even went to Punt Cana for one week vacation in January. It did not re-trigger 6 months stay. We didn't want to take a chance so applied for VV extension in April to maintain legal status (implied status) while their PR is in process. Also extends their travel insurance.
We are hoping to get their COPRs and passports with PRVs today by Canada Post as these were approved on 12 May.

renukavasanth

Nov 3, 2019
My parents were in similar situation. They also visited US twice but their passports were not stamped. They even went to Punt Cana for one week vacation in January. It did not re-trigger 6 months stay. We didn't want to take a chance so applied for VV extension in April to maintain legal status (implied status) while their PR is in process. Also extends their travel insurance.
We are hoping to get their COPRs and passports with PRVs today by Canada Post as these were approved on 12 May.
Thanks You.

dhillozcanada22

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
Hello Friends,
I have not paid rprf yet, could it be the reason that ecas status of my PA is still application received but not changed to in progress ?

@rockwidme @caninfoseeker @dhillozcanada22 @M.Spon @manishlahori @mmn @Preet_kaur , guys please confirm if you have already paid rprf ?

@YULIA-2016 @robertp @serious_cheese , do we have any column in excel sheet to show if rprf is paid or pending to draw some conclusion.
yes i have paid everything. still stuck at in process

migratecanada2012

Jul 7, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
14-06-2019
AOR Received.
23-10-2019
File Transfer...
13-02-2020

Irynaken

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
@Canadianbrit Many Congrats!! I can imagine the satisfaction. Just for clarification , Passport Request was skipped because the Principal Applicant was in Canada already on trv or super visa? Do you think having the PPR skipped is a common scenario or it is based on the nationality which in your mother's case is UK. My parents are in US(visiting) and I am intentionally delaying calling them to Canada (on trv) because I am waiting for Passport Request. I want to make sure when they enter Canada on their TRV, the entire process can be completed within 6 months of TRV entry so that they don't have to go back to the home country. But if I know for sure that the Passport Request step can be skipped, I would plan differently. From what we're seeing nowadays is that the process of delivering and receiving back the passport after PPR is taking its sweet time as well somewhere between 1.5 to 2 months.
I am in exactly the same situation. My mom has been in Canada for the last three years on super visa with short trip back to her home country. She's visiting my brother in the US now and of course stuck there because of COVID-19. PA decision made on March 12 and we have been waiting for PPR since then. My thoughts were the same to return her after PPR so all formalities could be done at the same time. Please tag me if you get any news and I will do the same.