+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

jpana

Nov 12, 2019
Hi All, Please help. My parents are here in Canada on a visitor visa. Now they dont have birth certificates for country specific documents, also dont have anu school documents with them here. What else can i send for them. Thanks

Mesad

Feb 8, 2015
Hi All, Please help. My parents are here in Canada on a visitor visa. Now they dont have birth certificates for country specific documents, also dont have anu school documents with them here. What else can i send for them. Thanks
Can you contact your embassy here in Canada and ask if they can issue you a copy of birth certificate?

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
They recommended fees to be paid when submit applications. I did all the time because they will refund some fees if not passed or not needed.
I did all the time as well. starting from my study visa to the Citizenship file, but this has changed my idea not to give single extra penny and wait for them to ask and pay.
My application received date is June 03, 2019 & in process since Nov 8,2020.
Order GCMS notes, there is no fee, if you are requesting your own records (sponsorship file). That may give you an insight into what's going on.

ParentsVisa

Apr 20, 2020
I am in same boat as you, done Biometrics and Medicals in India, no updates until now and received mail asking the same documents as you.
Even I have same concern, For my parents Biometrics and medical has been done In March and till now no update but I did receive the generic Email . And I did talk to my lawyer and as per him I should wait for the request letter for PCC. I am also confused what to do..

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019

lindalala

May 24, 2019
oh congrats, this is a pleasant surprise. Because i thought they stopped sending PPR request after COVID-19 Lockdown.

I got my DM2 for PA around March 10, and still haven't received PPR and i know many people are in the same boat.
Does the above update mean CIC has resumed sending PPR requests? Can experts shed some light?
Thank you @PBB2020 ! I think it depends on the local visa office. My case is the Hong Kong office. Apparently, they are still open or reopened. However, they gave me a pretty wide 90 days window to mail passports compared to the regular 30 days. I believe they will slowly reopen and move things forward. Actually, even I already got PPR, I am not planning to let my parents land right away (no flights either). :)

PBB2020

Feb 27, 2020
Thank you @PBB2020 ! I think it depends on the local visa office. My case is the Hong Kong office. Apparently, they are still open or reopened. However, they gave me a pretty wide 90 days window to mail passports compared to the regular 30 days. I believe they will slowly reopen and move things forward. Actually, even I already got PPR, I am not planning to let my parents land right away (no flights either). :)
@lindalala Thanks for your reply.
Yeah so my parents are here in Canada on Supervisa. So, for them processing office is here in Canada. Maybe thats the reason why you got early PPR, though i know for a fact that processing centres here in Canada are open and processing applications with limited staff.
And they don't seem to be sending any PPR requests right now.

SharleenALEX

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
one question, the landing letter gives a deadline of September 23rd,
given the current condition of Covid 19, I would rather my parents not travelling by air.
Did CIC give any instructions on this?

Apr 25, 2015
Hi ,

I received request for passport copy , pcc and country specific requirement and resume for my parents . Due to covid issues , the passport office is closed and I am unable obtain PCC. Can someone advice what is the deadline for sending these documents back and also I did not see any deadline mentioned in the email .

Last edited:

gcodtao

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese

Hi - I am wondering if anyone has share before, I am curious how the queuing in the CIC system works

I saw many fellow sponsors' parents have passed medical exams in Jan - Mar, but are still waiting for the PA DM, while some other lucky applicants got their DM in just a few days. How the officers are notified that there are new applicants passed IME and how they come up the queue to get picked.

Does our case always reviewed by one specific officer, e.g., once it is assigned, it never changes? or it may be picked up by the next available officer?

Thank you in advance.

amanpreet.kaur01

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Edmonton,Ab
App. Filed.......
June17,2019
AOR Received.
13-04-2020
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese

Hi - I am wondering if anyone has share before, I am curious how the queuing in the CIC system works

I saw many fellow sponsors' parents have passed medical exams in Jan - Mar, but are still waiting for the PA DM, while some other lucky applicants got their DM in just a few days. How the officers are notified that there are new applicants passed IME and how they come up the queue to get picked.

Does our case always reviewed by one specific officer, e.g., once it is assigned, it never changes? or it may be picked up by the next available officer?

Thank you in advance.
I wanna ask the same question. Mine seems like stuck at a place. Don’t know what kind of officer is assigner who doesnt know people are waiting to meet family

salmanali203

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2 jan 2017
Med's Done....
Med Passed 16 Feb 2017
Passport Req..
09-03-2017
Hi ,

I received request for passport copy , pcc and country specific requirement and resume for my parents . Due to covid issues , the passport office is closed and I am unable obtain PCC. Can someone advice what is the deadline for sending these documents back and also I did not see any deadline mentioned in the email .
i received the pcc request too but everything is closed due to lockdown in India. What can we do in this situation?