+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

xiaosanxiong

Dec 15, 2016
Hi everyone, just want to check has anyone's case been forwarded to Hong Kong office, and Hong Kong office requested updated IMM5669 etc, Police Certification, and also 2 photos again. We've already submitted 2 photos with the original application package mailed to CPC Ottawa in June 2019. And now the application has just been forwarded to Hong Kong office in March 2020. Just trying to understand the reason why HK office ask for photos again at this step and whether we need to take photos again? Thanks in advance!

gopitaba

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
@YULIA-2016
Please update on PGP 2019 tracker:
Username: luvanuj
Sponsorship DM: April 9, 2020
File moved to: CPC-Mississauga
Request for following documents came along with Sponsorship DM: Passport, Biometrics, PCC, IMM 5562, IMM 5546, Resume

Did you submit IMM 5562, IMM 5546, and Resume? My Dad has done his Biometrics and Medicals still there is no update on his file (he did it 4 weeks ago in India).

getcanadavisa

Star Member
Jun 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2014
Dear Members,

My parents file status says "Decision Made" with Medical pass and Bio-Metrics not required.
They have already return the money for it.

Decision made status is there since 29th of Jan 2020. It shows waiting for Background check results and final decision pending in linked account.

We don't have any problem minimum eligibility finance amount.

Please can someone share light and predict/guide when application will be approved or there will be any problems etc.

Thank you all
Canada Visa 123.

gopitaba

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
Hi Everyone.
My application received date is June 21st
We recieved separate requests for biometrics and medical on march 12th and we got these done on March 16th.
Online account doesnot show anything about medical received yet.
Now yesterday i ( sponsor) got a letter from CPC missisauga that sponsership application is approved and i should submit folllowing documents for my parents:
Biometrics
PCC
CV and any forms if not submitted.
my question is that is this letter a generic letter and should i submit pcc or not?
or my parents will get separate letter for these. As this is not showing in my dad online gc key account

I am in same boat as you, done Biometrics and Medicals in India, no updates until now and received mail asking the same documents as you.

lindalala

May 24, 2019
Question: PPR gives us a 90 days window to mail my parents' passports, when should I mail the passports at this moment? Should I wait until the situation is more stable, like a few weeks from now?

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Dear Members,

My parents file status says "Decision Made" with Medical pass and Bio-Metrics not required.
They have already return the money for it.

Decision made status is there since 29th of Jan 2020. It shows waiting for Background check results and final decision pending in linked account.

We don't have any problem minimum eligibility finance amount.

Please can someone share light and predict/guide when application will be approved or there will be any problems etc.

Thank you all
Canada Visa 123.
That is an unusually long wait after DM. If the decision has been made, I don't think they are working on Background check. It is very likely that the LVO is closed or at a minimum manning. That would cause delay in issuing passport request. I'd send a message to LVO via IRCC webform and inquire about it.

canindian2019

Jun 3, 2019
Hi all,
From reading this thread and the tracking sheet, it appears that many of the applicants have already been granted visa under 2019 PGP.
Am i reading it right? If so, i would plan accordingly (of course once this covid situation stabilizes)

Thanks!

Last edited:

mostafa2008

Aug 14, 2019
Hi all,
From reading this thread and the tracking sheet, it appears that many of the applicants have already been granted visa under 2019 PGP.
Am i reading it right? If so, i would plan accordingly (of course once this covid situation stabilizes)

Thanks!
The 2019 Parents and Grandparents Program is closed for new intake. If you have not applied already, you should keep an eye for when the new intake is open: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/parents-grandparents-covid-update.html

canindian2019

Jun 3, 2019
The 2019 Parents and Grandparents Program is closed for new intake. If you have not applied already, you should keep an eye for when the new intake is open: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/parents-grandparents-covid-update.html
Thank you Mostafa2008, I know new intakes are not allowed, however my question was whether those who already applied under 2019 PGP program have started getting PR? i thought the wait time was around 24 months.