+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

JuneApplicantCEC

Nov 20, 2015
Hey guys, My parents were asked to provide PCC, Biometrics and Medical Exam on March 2nd (deadline April 5th), we were extremely happy that the papers are moving finally but of course with CoVID-19 we were hit with a curve ball and now everything is on hold (like everyone else). I emailed the embassy and submitted a ticket over the webform explaining why we can't meet the deadlines but heard no response. I take they will be understanding considering the circumstances.

Here is the kicker... my parents are with me in Canada on a SuperVisa and their visit expires in May 5th. I see no way they can travel back home or anywhere for that matter in May 5th. Do you think if I call CIC and explain they can extend their stay until things calm down? thanks

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hey guys, My parents were asked to provide PCC, Biometrics and Medical Exam on March 2nd (deadline April 5th), we were extremely happy that the papers are moving finally but of course with CoVID-19 we were hit with a curve ball and now everything is on hold (like everyone else). I emailed the embassy and submitted a ticket over the webform explaining why we can't meet the deadlines but heard no response. I take they will be understanding considering the circumstances.

Here is the kicker... my parents are with me in Canada on a SuperVisa and their visit expires in May 5th. I see no way they can travel back home or anywhere for that matter in May 5th. Do you think if I call CIC and explain they can extend their stay until things calm down? thanks
No need to call CIC for extend stay.
Applying to Extend Stay in Canada >> https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/extend-stay.html

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
today i received GCMS note and it says,

NOTES:1
Created date: 2020/01/22 09:03:55
Creadted by: xxxxxxx
Restricted: No
Lael: General
Office CPC Mississuga
Text: Sponsor Eligibility Decision: Passed.
PA and DEP appear to be currenlty residing in Canada. APR Officer to review of biometric fees needed or if refund is to be issued.
Case held at CPC-M for APR processing.

I am stuck at SA "in-process" since 16th December 2019. looks like they have made decision on SA but what is "APR processing" ....anyone ?? thanks.
May I ask how long it took to receive the GCMS notes?

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Hello,

The sponsors who have parents in Canada and already applied for parents and grandparents sponsorship program should join together and write a collective letter to IRCC, Canadian government and other government institutions asking for help/advise to speed up the sponsorship procedure. Our parents are currently in Canada they can’t go back home and it is also not safe.
This does not make sense bro. If they can not go back at the moment, IRCC allows the extension to stay here. Give that IRCC is not only working on PGP but also on others programs like spousal, skill workers,... Let imagine if every program asks same, how does IRCC meet all ?

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015

Your parent can do IME and Biometric here if there is an optional at a further time. Keep in mind.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Apply for an extension of their supervisa. There is no need to call anyone. CIC is receiving thousands of emails so it will likely to take a while to get a response.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

The sponsors who have parents in Canada and already applied for parents and grandparents sponsorship program should join together and write a collective letter to IRCC, Canadian government and other government institutions asking for help/advise to speed up the sponsorship procedure. Our parents are currently in Canada they can’t go back home and it is also not safe.
Honestly Canada has much bigger issues so I highly doubt your letter will get much response. You can apply for an extension of their visitor status. That is likely what your MP will respond if you send him/her a letter.

Reactions: serious_cheese

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hello,

Processing PGP (or any other PR application) is the least priority Govt could think of at this moment. If your parents are here, apply for an extension. PGP processing has nothing to do with your parents ability to traveling back home.

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Temporary foreign workers, some international students and approved permanent residents who haven’t yet landed are now able to enter Canada.

The travel restriction exemptions that were announced are now in place. If you’re exempt, you can now travel to Canada.

If you’re travelling by air, you need to pass a health check conducted by airlines before you’re allowed to board your flight. Anyone who shows symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to enter Canada by air.

When you arrive in Canada we’ll assess your health before you leave the port of entry. You must isolate for 14 days even if you have no symptoms. This is mandatory.

Only people who provide essential services and truck drivers who regularly cross the border to maintain the flow of goods are exempt from the isolation requirements.

mintmint

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Hi guys, I m wondering. during this COVID-19 period, if I receive CERB, will it be counted as my income to sponsor in line 150 for the year 2020? Thanks