+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
I don't know if this would help. I am from China. My dad went through the same thing. The sputum test was done at a designated hospital in November 2019. All information was sent from the panel physician to the hospital before my dad went for the test. He only need to mention his name and show the passport during the test and the result was sent back 8 weeks later to the panel physician directly. My dad actually got a phone call from the panel physician for the result, not the hospital who did the test (which is different from your case).

My dad was supposed to do another X-ray 3 months after the first medical test (in Feb 2020) required by the Panel physician. It got delayed as the panel physician office got closed due to Coronavirus Outbreak, but the result was uploaded within two days of the X-ray though (X-ray March 2, passed March 4). I don't think you need to worry about uploading anything based on my experience.

Still IP, no DM, no PPR since then.

Hope this can help. Good luck and stay safe.

Your detailed explanation is of help to me as my mother faces the same situation. She is in India. She did the sputum test early February and results awaited. With the whole COVID situation, I was wondering what will happen once the results become available in 8 weeks as she will need to do a follow up X-ray. Right now, everything is locked down in India for 21 days. So I am sure the medical process will be delayed which is OK and expected based on the current scenario everywhere.

Almondjuice

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
Your detailed explanation is of help to me as my mother faces the same situation. She is in India. She did the sputum test early February and results awaited. With the whole COVID situation, I was wondering what will happen once the results become available in 8 weeks as she will need to do a follow up X-ray. Right now, everything is locked down in India for 21 days. So I am sure the medical process will be delayed which is OK and expected based on the current scenario everywhere.
Based on my experience, the same panel physician will contact your mom as soon as the office is open. My dad's test fell in the lockdown period as well (Mid February in China). They called him the first day they resumed services.

Good luck.

Reactions: kulb

myahya

Jan 4, 2018
Ontario
today i received GCMS note and it says,

NOTES:1
Created date: 2020/01/22 09:03:55
Creadted by: xxxxxxx
Restricted: No
Lael: General
Office CPC Mississuga
Text: Sponsor Eligibility Decision: Passed.
PA and DEP appear to be currenlty residing in Canada. APR Officer to review of biometric fees needed or if refund is to be issued.
Case held at CPC-M for APR processing.

I am stuck at SA "in-process" since 16th December 2019. looks like they have made decision on SA but what is "APR processing" ....anyone ?? thanks.

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
today i received GCMS note and it says,

NOTES:1
Created date: 2020/01/22 09:03:55
Creadted by: xxxxxxx
Restricted: No
Lael: General
Office CPC Mississuga
Text: Sponsor Eligibility Decision: Passed.
PA and DEP appear to be currenlty residing in Canada. APR Officer to review of biometric fees needed or if refund is to be issued.
Case held at CPC-M for APR processing.

I am stuck at SA "in-process" since 16th December 2019. looks like they have made decision on SA but what is "APR processing" ....anyone ?? thanks.
Application for PR in process

Sama ame

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
Hi
Can anyone please tell about parents immigration. Does sponsor need to meet 3 years previously tax requirements but after filling the case,does sponsor need to maintain that year tax requirements till the parents get visa?
Thanks

nestle89

Mar 15, 2019
Hi,
What if I don't meet minimum income requirements alone, but when my spouse's income is added (who came last year) the minimum requirement is met. But my spouse is new to Canada and cannot show the last 3-year tax returns. Are we still eligible to sponsor my Parents?

misterbmw

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
On March 9th I send new passport info to London VO via webform, today I got a response from them:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail. The updated passport has been added to the file.

Please be advised that the processing of your application is ongoing and we will be in touch with the next steps once there is an update on the file. While we continue to serve our clients, service disruptions and restrictions due to COVID-19 will have an impact on processing times.

If you have been requested to provide documents and are unable to do so within the specified timeframe, please be advised that a 90 day extension has been granted to allow you sufficient time to gather and submit the required information/documentation.

If you are enquiring whether recently submitted documents have been reviewed, please rest assured that our team is working hard to ensure that file processing continues and we will contact you if further information is required or once the processing of your application is complete. Please note that we are unable to respond to repeat enquiries and appreciate your patience while we work towards finalizing your application.

We understand that the current situation with COVID-19 is of concern to many, and waiting for status updates can be especially stressful at this time.
Please consult IRCC’s special measures to help clients affected by COVID‑19 and Canada’s Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Outbreak site for the most up to date information.
We trust that this information will be of assistance and thank you for your patience and understanding during these uncertain times.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
Can anyone please tell about parents immigration. Does sponsor need to meet 3 years previously tax requirements but after filling the case,does sponsor need to maintain that year tax requirements till the parents get visa?
Thanks
Yes they need to continue to earn above the LICO amount.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
What if I don't meet minimum income requirements alone, but when my spouse's income is added (who came last year) the minimum requirement is met. But my spouse is new to Canada and cannot show the last 3-year tax returns. Are we still eligible to sponsor my Parents?
Yes you can add your spouse’s income when she arrives in Canada and if she agrees to do-sign. You have to meet the income limit on your own for the other years. We don’t know what the requirements will be for PGP2020.