27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi All, I have a question related to the current situation and I pray none of us falls to this situation. For PGP2019, the sponsors have been approved based on the last few years of income. However, half a million Canadians got laid off last week and we are not sure how many will get laid off in the coming months. Few people might end up getting EI or government assistance in 2020.
Question 1 - As per the current rules. are sponsors required to maintain eligibility till landing off parents.
Question 2 - Will EI / Govt assistance make them disqualified? If not, how will the eligibility calculation work for Financial Year 2020?

Thanks a lot.
Q.1 Yes. However IRCC rarely ask for the income proof beyond the 3 yrs requirements.
Q.2 Regular EI doesn't count as a income. However this is an extraordinary situation and if things come to shovel, an exemption is expected.

Reactions: sandybrampton

wiji

Mar 5, 2019
So apparently due to an unfortunate communication mishap, we found out today that our biometrics was due over a month ago.
Can late submission of biometrics be a reason for rejection of the application?
What is the best course of action now? We are planning to just go ahead and submit the biometrics ASAP and then upload an explanation letter using the webform to explain why it was submitted late.
Will the local biometrics center create any unnecessary hurdles? I don't think they would.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
So apparently due to an unfortunate communication mishap, we found out today that our biometrics was due over a month ago.
What is the best course of action now? We are planning to just go ahead and submit the biometrics ASAP and then upload an explanation letter using the webform to explain why it was submitted late.
Will the local biometrics center create any unnecessary hurdles? I don't think they would.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Ans: No. please inform via web-form.
Please note that the biometric instruction letter (BIL) cannot be amended and will continue to advise applicants that they have 30 days from the date of the letter to give their biometrics. Officers should still allow 90 days for the applicant to provide their biometrics, despite the 30-day timeline identified in the BIL.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/general-measures.html

Reactions: RyanHuang and wiji

wiji

Mar 5, 2019
Ans: No. please inform via web-form.
Please note that the biometric instruction letter (BIL) cannot be amended and will continue to advise applicants that they have 30 days from the date of the letter to give their biometrics. Officers should still allow 90 days for the applicant to provide their biometrics, despite the 30-day timeline identified in the BIL.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/general-measures.html
Thank you for sharing this very important information. I really appreciate it!

harpreetjohal

Star Member
Oct 4, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Calgary
App. Filed.......
march9
AOR Received.
March20
File Transfer...
In process march22
Med's Request
Fingerprints request April 13
Please Update in tracker....
Sponsor lives in Calgary
Application received-May 1
In process-Aug 12 and additional document death certificate requested
file transfer to New delhi-Sept 16
Medical request-Nov 18
Medical received-Dec 15
Decision made-Feb 15
Biometrics -Not yet and no refund received-applicant and dependent both are in Canada
PPR-Waiting

Reactions: robertp

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Is there anyway to get out of this check? I am May 31st applicant and In process for both Applications
I am in the same boat as you. Our Application received on May 17, 2019, In process since September 11, 2019. I got married in November and updated them. Called them a couple of times, same answer, they are working on it.

salmunsu

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Just got a response from London about updates to the application after a month.
"While we continue to serve our clients, service disruptions and restrictions due to COVID-19 will have an impact on processing times."
This was good to hear! Thank you so much!

Reactions: Japy77

salmunsu

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
This is the IRCC official msg:

While we continue to serve our clients, service disruptions and restrictions due to COVID-19 may have an impact on processing times, and the current posted processing times may not be accurate. No application in progress will be closed or refused due to a lack of documentation or inability to complete the application process in time.
Thanks you so much!!

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Please Update in tracker....
Sponsor lives in Calgary
Application received-May 1
In process-Aug 12 and additional document death certificate requested
file transfer to New delhi-Sept 16
Medical request-Nov 18
Medical received-Dec 15
Decision made-Feb 15
Biometrics -Not yet and no refund received-applicant and dependent both are in Canada
PPR-Waiting
are you already in the tracker?

sagar416

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Hi All,

Today I got an email for filling a survey from this address survey+irccclient2020@advanis.net, the email says a decision has been taken on your file and you're invited to fill this survery. First I thought its a phishing but after some search I found the below URL

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/client-service-survey-application-2020.html

I haven't received any communication on what the decision has been, neither there is any update on ecas or mycic. I called the CC twice but they don't have any info. I have been checking my ecas from few months and its been showing DM2 since Feb 6th.

Any ideas?

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Hi All,

Today I got an email for filling a survey from this address survey+irccclient2020@advanis.net, the email says a decision has been taken on your file and you're invited to fill this survery. First I thought its a phishing but after some search I found the below URL

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/client-service-survey-application-2020.html

I haven't received any communication on what the decision has been, neither there is any update on ecas or mycic. I called the CC twice but they don't have any info. I have been checking my ecas from few months and its been showing DM2 since Feb 6th.

Any ideas?
Previously you said a decision made on your application even for sponsorship is also called decision made. I read the website and this looks legit. Anyway, you can ignore this email or take this survey (this does not hurt anything). Please limit phoning IRCC leave rooms for more important tasks. thanks