+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
@mohitmalhotr44
First of all congrats on getting successful completion of PR.
well i know your family must be super excited, but considering the global pandemic, i suggest not to travel.
My parents are home and I recommended them to stay home as well.
there is no place safer then home, traveling is risky.

As far as legality is concerned, i am not sure if they are considered as PR holder yet or not
I would say not yet. Only when they have a PR card or at leat have signed CORP with CBSA officer. Anyway I would refer you to email IRCC for instruction.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@robertp My parents got their stamped passports back. Canada has now restricted entry to only Canadian Citizens and PRs and their immediate family members. Does anyone know if parents are covered in the definition of immediate family members. Please advise.
Canada usually defines this as spouse and dependent children. Your parents may not have health coverage for up to 3 months.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
CIC office will be fully close from next Monday. This week they are only working in partial capacity.
Can you pls share the source of this info? Does it apply to all CIC offices allover Canada and abroad?

ayaan2019

Feb 15, 2019
check the list its mentioned there ! canada ones are still operational !
just the VFS offices that are affected outside canada ! it has nothing to do with offices in canada except for the service canada they have suspended the biometrics until furher notice ! just confimed with my brother hes a VO in edmonton !

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
check the list its mentioned there ! canada ones are still operational !
Link is talking about Visa Application Centres (VAC/VFS). IRCC has outsourced certain services (not all) to these centres for facilitation.
IRCC/CIC is different from VAC/VFS.

amanpreet.kaur01

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Edmonton,Ab
App. Filed.......
June17,2019
AOR Received.
13-04-2020
Your dad was principal applicant?? He passed away and you wanted to appoint mom as principal applicant?? If yes for all pls inform here if we can do these. As I know they allow you appoint principal applicant either mom or dad at the time of submission ONLY. Any will wait from you.
yes this is exactly what i want to do. So far it shows the application is under my dad's name. so hopefully the officer will understand the situation

jackhcd

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
CEC
A quick shout out to Hong Kong VO applicants, I've just received an email with generalized contents below:

"Dear XXX,

Great News! Your application for Permanent Residence has arrived in Hong Kong. We are really looking forward to working with you on your journey to immigrate to Canada!

It’s time to start thinking about your move to Canada and here are some resources that we hope you’ll find helpful. Over the next few months, we’ll send you additional messages while your application is being processed, to provide more information and useful tips about moving to Canada and about life in Canada. There’s a lot to learn and hopefully these links will help you on this exciting path!

Your First 2 weeks in Canada:

About Canadian Culture and Heritage: https://www.canada.ca/en/canadian-heritage.html

But, don’t stop here! Do some research on your own and learn all about Canada so when you move you really do feel Welcome Home!"

Could someone please advise whether this is a form of pre-arrival service letter? Thanks!

Reactions: serious_cheese

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
yes this is exactly what i want to do. So far it shows the application is under my dad's name. so hopefully the officer will understand the situation
Here some good news for you.
If the principal applicant passes away during processing of the application, an officer is authorized to process the surviving spouse or partner as the principal applicant. To qualify, that person must be a family class member in their own right, i.e. also be the sponsor’s parent or grandparent.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-circumstance.html#circumstances