+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
To all the experts in this group, I have a quick question.

I have a brother who is currently on study permit. His study permit will expire in the near future. As he is a dependent in my parent's sponsorship application, should we extend his study permit or we wait until we hear from CIC on the sponsorship application?

Thanks!
yes, your brother have to maintain status in Canada.

RICKYSAINI

Apr 23, 2014
Hi
when we submit PCC through email to cic
do we received acknowledgement saying they received it ? or how we find out they received the documents

mohitmalhotr44

Jan 27, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@robertp My parents got their stamped passports back. Canada has now restricted entry to only Canadian Citizens and PRs and their immediate family members. Does anyone know if parents are covered in the definition of immediate family members. Please advise.

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Hi
when we submit PCC through email to cic
do we received acknowledgement saying they received it ? or how we find out they received the documents
I sent by webform. Have never received any confirmation even I asked them to confirm on the email. Mycic does not confirm anything. I figured out because they did not send me PCC request while they usually send together with medical request.

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
To all the experts in this group, I have a quick question.

I have a brother who is currently on study permit. His study permit will expire in the near future. As he is a dependent in my parent's sponsorship application, should we extend his study permit or we wait until we hear from CIC on the sponsorship application?

Thanks!
Hi, I have the same case as well, I was wondering if he can apply for work permit ?

ayaan2019

Feb 15, 2019
I sent by webform. Have never received any confirmation even I asked them to confirm on the email. Mycic does not confirm anything. I figured out because they did not send me PCC request while they usually send together with medical request.
when did u get pcc request and how did u got jt ! i never received any pcc request but got medical request i think may be because of i had sent the pcc with my application upfront

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
@robertp My parents got their stamped passports back. Canada has now restricted entry to only Canadian Citizens and PRs and their immediate family members. Does anyone know if parents are covered in the definition of immediate family members. Please advise.
Are you planing to bring your parents now? PLEASE STOP.
please avoid travel. your Parents Visa will expire Oct 2020. remember first 3 month they are not cover with medical and think about your own family and all Canadian. Especially older people with low immunity in this case your parents.

Reactions: oaw

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
when did u get pcc request and how did u got jt ! i never received any pcc request but got medical request i think may be because of i had sent the pcc with my application upfront
It can be a reason. I just submitted when I got it in hands never requested.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
My parents got PPR yesterday and have sent passports + pics to Ottawa by Canada Post today. Expected date of delivery is 19th March.

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016

oaw

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
@mohitmalhotr44
First of all congrats on getting successful completion of PR.
well i know your family must be super excited, but considering the global pandemic, i suggest not to travel.
My parents are home and I recommended them to stay home as well.
there is no place safer then home, traveling is risky.

As far as legality is concerned, i am not sure if they are considered as PR holder yet or not