+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

dhillozcanada22

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
@robertp Good morning. Very happy and excited to share that my parents have received PPR from NDVO today.
Best wishes to everyone here. PA received the email.
As my parents are still here with me until 03 May, will now plan to complete landing formalities after stamped passports are recieved. Will wait and watch situation changing rapidly due to COVID19.
how long did it take for you get passports back with stamps?

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
The government is asking people to work from home given the current situation of COVID19.
Is this going to affect the PPR letter process?
Also is the visa stamping process going to be affected as well since Canada may call back its staff in overseas visa office?
Everything will slow down from CPC M and Ottawa. This is an extraordinary situation

Reactions: caninfoseeker

abcxyz

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
Hello folks, my parents did their biometrics 1 month back and we submitted PCC and other docs but it still shows no new docs in our online account. Also says fingerprints not received.
Same as you. I can see the biometric number and date but still it is updated as fingerprints not received.

abcxyz

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
Hi everyone, dumb question: What is GCMS? I see this is global case management system, is it on top of our cic account updates? How do we get it? Is it a thrid party thing?

OlgaD

Nov 21, 2014
Hi guys . Re: parents sponsorship , my Mom got issued a confirmation of permanent citizenship and must cross the border by April 29, otherwise she looses the status. In this case, is it better to call or send an email though the web form to claim extension due to restriction on travel ( Coronavirus) ?

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Hi guys . Re: parents sponsorship , my Mom got issued a confirmation of permanent citizenship and must cross the border by April 29, otherwise she looses the status. In this case, is it better to call or send an email though the web form to claim extension due to restriction on travel ( Coronavirus) ?
she will not lose the status even if she did not cross by April 29,20. Send IRCC a webform and they will send you an instruction.