+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Verba

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
omg...my parents regret applying ...they were happy on supervisa
As per my understanding the Supervisa insurance coverage covers very minimal medical expenses. And if your claim is denied or you have more than two claims history - the premium either goes very high, or you cannot get the Visitor insurance at all.

The hospital fees for non - residents are ridiculously huge in Canada. See the link with example: http://www.david-cummings.com/documents/canadian_hospital_rates.htm

Reactions: calgary17

InlovewithMaple

May 14, 2019
Hi everyone,

I need your help guys.

I applied for my mother sponsorship in 2019 intake. My is brother is living in Canada and he's on work permit after finishing his studies. He's 1997 born and I did not declare him as dependent. Now CIC is asking for additional document IMM008dep. If I add him on my mothers application my income won't be enough to sponsor both ( Mother and brother ).

My question is if I fill the form and send it back to CIC. Are they going to decline the application on the basis that my income is enough ?

Verba

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hi everyone,

I need your help guys.

I applied for my mother sponsorship in 2019 intake. My is brother is living in Canada and he's on work permit after finishing his studies. He's 1997 born and I did not declare him as dependent. Now CIC is asking for additional document IMM008dep. If I add him on my mothers application my income won't be enough to sponsor both ( Mother and brother ).

My question is if I fill the form and send it back to CIC. Are they going to decline the application on the basis that my income is enough ?
Read the dependent definition here and check if anything applies to your situation:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/dependent-children.html

Verba

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
@robertp

Please update the tracker:

So far I only received the confirmation the case for my Mom was moved to Warsaw office (line 661) - Bio completed Feb 24 - Mycic shows update right away
But I'm pretty sure my Dad's case will be there as well since they are from the same city. (line 663) - Bio completed Feb 24 - Mycic shows update right away

I checked this link https://sites.google.com/view/pgp2019/local-visa-office-list/warsaw and realized my both applications are not considered in the table.

Thank you!

Reactions: robertp

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Hi everyone,

I need your help guys.

1. When did app received and your brother birthday to confirm whether he was still dependant.
2. Imm008dep as my understand it applies only if your mom has more than five DEPENDANTS ( under 22 yrs old).
3. Yes. Income will be counted with your brother and if you don’t meet. Rejection
=> if question 1 confirms he was depedant => application can be rejected as you provided.

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
Hi everyone,

I need your help guys.

So you tried to cheat when your income was not enough? If that's the case than you took one deserving person's slot.

Reactions: InlovewithMaple

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
So you tried to cheat when your income was not enough? If that's the case than you took one deserving person's slot.
Wow, I personally dont like commenting to accuse someone. Let he explain before committing incorrectly. He may not quite understand family size calculation or dependant types. If this is his mistake. He hopes then broken in tears. This is more hurtful if wanted to take someone's spot on purpose.

Reactions: serious_cheese

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi everyone,

I need your help guys.

If you don't qualify for the LICO, your file will be rejected. If the CO suspected misrepresentation, they will be ban to apply for five years. You should withdraw your application

Reactions: InlovewithMaple

Laplaguita

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Wow, I personally dont like commenting to accuse someone. Let he explain before committing incorrectly. He may not quite understand family size calculation or dependant types. If this is his mistake. He hopes then broken in tears. This is more hurtful if wanted to take someone's spot on purpose.
Hi everyone,

I need your help guys.

hire a lawyer and explain the situation. They would be able to help you out in just one hour of consult. Most of them are between $100 and $150 the hour. Don’t do anything before talking to someone that can advise on your specific case

amop

Feb 28, 2014
Need your help guys !!

My Mother's case processing is in Mississauga and she has been here for last 6 months - i applied for her extension of her visitor visa - which is called visitor record- today i got the update it has extended till 27th april 2020. My question is
1. at this stage when her application is in process - do i extend this visitor record once again
or
her PA's application is in process - it means implied status till a decision is made

2. She travels to her country and when and if PPR request comes - its given in home country - and that would mean coordinating with cic to send another ppr request for home country instead of Canada

I am May 29th applicant

Please advise - Thanks much

Last edited:

Elaine amj

Mar 20, 2018
Data point: I was short for my 3rd year (my DH was off work for cancer and I also took a one year Leave of Absence to care for him) so I ended up liquidating a chunk of my RRSPs to make up the difference for Line 150. I did not provide them our SIN numbers so they did not have access to all our tax forms. I was pretty nervous as we were asked to send additional documents showing income and the forms we sent clearly showed lower employment income and that we made up the difference with our RRSP withdrawals. Thankfully, a few weeks ago, I got an email stating that I have met the requirements to be eligible to sponsor and my mother's case was forwarded to her local visa office (Singapore) even though she is currently with us in Canada on a supervisa.
Did u receive AOR from Sing? And IEM??
No, we have not heard anything from Singapore other than a biometrics request. I assume IEM has something to do with medical? (I looked up acronyms and abbreviations lists on these forums and could find nothing conclusive). If so, no medical request yet.