+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Not all medical assessment results can be used interchangeably: a foreign national who is medically inadmissible as a permanent resident may be admissible as a temporary resident. The reverse may also be true if the temporary resident’s medical condition improves between applications, such as when an active medical condition becomes inactive after treatment.

With some exceptions (noted below), when an applicant changes categories, a medical officer must assess medical examination results for the new category. If the first examination was less than a year earlier, a new examination may not be necessary, as a medical officer may be able to review the existing results in the new category. Otherwise, officers should issue instructions for a new examination in the new category.

The only exceptions are permanent residence applicants with M1, M2 or M3 profiles and temporary residents with M1 and M2 profiles. They do not need a medical officer to assess their examination results in the new category, provided that the medical assessment is still valid, i.e., within 12 months of the applicant’s last immigration medical examination.

A medical officer must review the existing medical assessment of temporary residents with an M3 profile who apply for permanent residence.
what do M1,M2,... mean??
Compare tests required between medical exams for students/workers/visitors and permanent residency. It seems like same tests required.

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Thanks for your response . This is exactly what happened . I have submitted the old form initially on June 2019. They have asked me to submit a new form in Nov 2019 with hand signature which I did it and they have received it as well .
Not sure what exact information I have missed. GCMS notes is the only answer for this missing info
I hope you will come back here when GSMS is received and we will discuss more together. God bless.

Reactions: serious_cheese

Sorina2019

Jan 28, 2019
Hi all,
my mom received the request to send in her passport and for some reason, although she is located in Bucharest, Romania, she is asked to send her original passport by mail to the VAC in Paris. There is a VAC in Bucharest who processes such requests and I am wondering if we could somehow ask to have the location changed.
Has anyone experienced something similar? Do you know who should we contact?
Thank you!