+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Adelina2091

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
I haven't checked the forum in a while, so just wanted to let you know that I requested the notes for the case. They were requested on January 7th and were received on February 8th.
There's a lot of pages and I don't know how to interpret them all, but here's what caught my attention:
- Under eligibility and security it both says "due date August 2020", maybe this means that the file processing won't pass that date ?
- Under medical it says due date May 2020, maybe they will send the medical request before this date ?
- In Location, I see that the file is located in PR QC Non-Priority Registry, maybe that's the reason why in Mexico they don't process anything as other LVO (it's not a priority) and besides, they are giving them 1 year to complete the processing after reaching the LVO, so as long as they complete it within a week of the year, they will be on time and hit their yearly KPI.
In my notes due date for the biometric fee and permanent resident fee was September 9 2019, I don't know the meaning of it, because I didn't received request for fees.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
I haven't checked the forum in a while, so just wanted to let you know that I requested the notes for the case. They were requested on January 7th and were received on February 8th.
There's a lot of pages and I don't know how to interpret them all, but here's what caught my attention:
- Under eligibility and security it both says "due date August 2020", maybe this means that the file processing won't pass that date ?
- Under medical it says due date May 2020, maybe they will send the medical request before this date ?
- In Location, I see that the file is located in PR QC Non-Priority Registry, maybe that's the reason why in Mexico they don't process anything as other LVO (it's not a priority) and besides, they are giving them 1 year to complete the processing after reaching the LVO, so as long as they complete it within a week of the year, they will be on time and hit their yearly KPI.
There are notes towards the end of document. You should read most recent notes like note number 1, 2 and 3 etc. These are the comments made by case analyst and officer.

fjle

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Did you drive them through Coutts? My parents cannot drive, what do we say when I reach the border on the US side , we want to flagpole? And will I too get the yellow paper? I hold Canadian passport
We are the parents, when you get to the US side tell them you are flagpoling. They tell you to park and come inside where they ask a couple of questions, we have UK passorts so didn't need any paperwork but if you don't have a US visa you get an administrative refusal. You then do a u turn drive back to the Canadian side and tell the agent your landing as a PR.All done and dusted in about 30 mins.

Last edited:
Reactions: GBH

fjle

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
My fellow successful Brits @richjo & @fjle , hopefully this will be the last time i lean on your for advice.

When you were requested copies of your parents passports, did you upload them along with the Appendix A - Updated Information Chart form to your MyCIC online account and then just post in the two photos with the application number on the back or did you just post the entire package to Ottawa/London
Congratulations Rob
We just filled in Appendix A by hand, photocopied the photo pages of our passports and put them all in an envelope with the 2 photos and sent them to Ottawa.
Road trip to Coutts in a couple of weeks?

Reactions: robreeves

Galoli_jatt

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2014
Nomination.....
10-3-2015
AOR Received.
9-5-2015
File Transfer...
SLU 21-5-2015
Med's Request
3-6-2015
Med's Done....
6-6-2015 TLU 16-6-2015
Passport Req..
17-8-2015 DM 27-8-2015
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-2015
LANDED..........
Yes , she CC me to email that she sent plus she confirmed that she sending mail letter as well. Okay i will wait for 2 weeks and if not then i will upload letter. Thank you. Also i have that lady’s email and phone number so if anyone else stuck at Alberta assistance please let me know and i can provide info.
Bro. Can I get the email and phone number of that lady at Alberta assistance, because my parents application is also stuck on IN Process since November 8, 2019. I would appreciate that. Thank you

Samip29

Aug 25, 2019
Yes , she CC me to email that she sent plus she confirmed that she sending mail letter as well. Okay i will wait for 2 weeks and if not then i will upload letter. Thank you. Also i have that lady’s email and phone number so if anyone else stuck at Alberta assistance please let me know and i can provide info.
Hello Jkalan,
Can I have contact info of that lady? As my file is in process since 21st October,2019.

Thanks,

Mayrose1761

May 23, 2019
Hi Mayrose, did they mention if they would still let you know the result of the culture test? Or are they skipping the culture test and just going for re xray on april instead? Thank you.
They told us to call after 9weeks but the result wont be revealed over the phone. We should come in person if we want to know what came out of the test.

Reactions: desmonddoss

HKIMM

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
@robertp @laxsun

Guys,

Due to some weird scheduling glitch I got my parents' appointment for PCC even before getting the request from CIC. My bad I know!!

Anyway, will it cause any issues if it has a date stamp before CIC requests for it? I guess it is valid for a year, only concern is date stamp.

Thanks
Don't worry...
I also got without any letter from CIC, only thing it should not be more than 6 months old while submitting to CIC...

HKIMM

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Well this is not completely correct
1. 6 months prior to submitting application and this applies for EE which commits processing less than 6 months.
2. For somewhere else IRCC accepts even if it was valid for 3 months and expired at the time you submit your application as wel as it issued after the last day you stayed there. For example, if your lived in Singapore in 2003 for 1 year, have never come back there, and applied for PCC from Singapore in 2011, you can use your pcc in 2011 to apply for permanent residency even its expired. This totally makes sense for us too bz you have never come back.
In both cases. I still believe that pcc is good for 1 year but need someone experienced to confirm.
PCC itself is valid for 1 year.. while submitting to IRCC or any other agency it should not be more than 6 months old.. so that to whom it is being submitted, they have minimum 6 moths validity of the PCC..

Wik.haider

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
My parents gave the medical today but there was no receipt provided other than the payment receipt. When asked, the medical center said they will submit the results online themselves and at max you can get a summary of results after 10 days or so.

My case officer had asked for:

Medical: Complete or provide proof of completion of the Immigration medical examination x2. Instructions will follow. This must be received at this office by: 2020/XX/XX

Can I submit the payment receipt or should I only submit the summary?

Thanks

Lady19

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
My parents gave the medical today but there was no receipt provided other than the payment receipt. When asked, the medical center said they will submit the results online themselves and at max you can get a summary of results after 10 days or so.

My case officer had asked for:

Medical: Complete or provide proof of completion of the Immigration medical examination x2. Instructions will follow. This must be received at this office by: 2020/XX/XX

Can I submit the payment receipt or should I only submit the summary?

Thanks
They give you a form with your IME #, doctor suppose to fill it and give you back. You can scan that form and send it to CIC.