Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Is there anyone here who successfully got Kuwaiti PCC from outside Kuwait? If yes, pls share the process. Thanks.

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
@robertp @laxsun

Guys,

Due to some weird scheduling glitch I got my parents' appointment for PCC even before getting the request from CIC. My bad I know!!

Anyway, will it cause any issues if it has a date stamp before CIC requests for it? I guess it is valid for a year, only concern is date stamp.

Thanks

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
@robertp @laxsun

Guys,

Due to some weird scheduling glitch I got my parents' appointment for PCC even before getting the request from CIC. My bad I know!!

Anyway, will it cause any issues if it has a date stamp before CIC requests for it? I guess it is valid for a year, only concern is date stamp.

Thanks
That's no problem, i got my police certificates a few months before it was requested because i knew the process was long and complicated.

Reactions: eila and robertp

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
That's no problem, i got my police certificates a few months before it was requested because i knew the process was long and complicated.
Have you ever experienced about the validation of pcc?? Ircc has never mentioned it on the website. Someone says 6 months others say 1 year. I agree with one year which applies to my pr application few year ago. I wish IRCC will confirm it like medical validation

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
@nayr69sg now can u share your timeline?? Mine would be processing in Singapore as well if not luck in Ottawa
Sure. Do note that I submitted this using a lawyer so I am not familiar with all the acronyms that you all use.

28 Jan 2019 submitted interest to sponsor
24 April 2019 received invitation to apply
17 May 2019 sent application package to IRCC (through my lawyer)
21 May 2019 IRCC receives application package
13 Aug 2019 received letter from IRCC advising our application has been accepted under the 2019 intake.
18 Sept 2019 received request from IRCC for Biometrics and Medical Examination
20 Sept 2019 received letter from IRCC stating I meet the requirements to sponsor my parents
24 Sept 2019 my parents have their medical examination done
25 Sept 2019 my parents have their biometrics done
22 Nov 2019 submitted parents resumes and travel history to IRCC
27 Nov 2019 sent FBI clearance to IRCC (my parents had lived in USA for a period of time previously)
30 Jan 2020 Received notice that application has reached final stage in Singapore. Requests for passports and photos.
3 Feb 2020 my parents submit their passports and newly taken photos to VAC in Singapore through VFS Global
12 Feb 2020 my parents collected their passports and COPR. COPR is valid till 30 Sept 2020.

Last edited:

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Have you ever experienced about the validation of pcc?? Ircc has never mentioned it on the website. Someone says 6 months others say 1 year. I agree with one year which applies to my pr application few year ago. I wish IRCC will confirm it like medical validation
6 months for current country of residence and 1 year for everywhere else

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
6 months for current country of residence and 1 year for everywhere else
Well this is not completely correct
1. 6 months prior to submitting application and this applies for EE which commits processing less than 6 months.
2. For somewhere else IRCC accepts even if it was valid for 3 months and expired at the time you submit your application as wel as it issued after the last day you stayed there. For example, if your lived in Singapore in 2003 for 1 year, have never come back there, and applied for PCC from Singapore in 2011, you can use your pcc in 2011 to apply for permanent residency even its expired. This totally makes sense for us too bz you have never come back.
In both cases. I still believe that pcc is good for 1 year but need someone experienced to confirm.

Last edited:

nshakelly

Nov 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A quick question -

My parents have given their Biometrics and the # and Enrollment is updated to the online CIC account. However the status still shows "Your Action is Required"
Is there any additional step to do? Like are we suppose to upload any document ?

ane

May 10, 2011
App. Filed.......
May 8 2019
AOR Received.
July 17 2019
Same here, stuck since nov, I have ordered GCMS notes now to get status.
I am waiting since Setember, NDVO, May 8 applicant.
Could you please tell me how to order GCMS notes.

Last edited:
Reactions: amesh

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
I haven't checked the forum in a while, so just wanted to let you know that I requested the notes for the case. They were requested on January 7th and were received on February 8th.
There's a lot of pages and I don't know how to interpret them all, but here's what caught my attention:
- Under eligibility and security it both says "due date August 2020", maybe this means that the file processing won't pass that date ?
- Under medical it says due date May 2020, maybe they will send the medical request before this date ?
- In Location, I see that the file is located in PR QC Non-Priority Registry, maybe that's the reason why in Mexico they don't process anything as other LVO (it's not a priority) and besides, they are giving them 1 year to complete the processing after reaching the LVO, so as long as they complete it within a week of the year, they will be on time and hit their yearly KPI.