+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
I saw following update in my ECas today but no email or letter as of now. Not sure what this letter will be until I get it.

Medical results have been received.
We sent <PA> a letter on February 10, 2020. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Did you check in myCIC any letter?
what is your medical passed date as per myCIC?
What is your PCC request date ?

mc_geh

Star Member
Jun 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MArch 2010
Doc's Request.
27-3-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Request
2-09-2010
Med's Done....
15-10-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
visa validity: 15-10-2011
LANDED..........
in God's time....soon
Upon contacting IOM, they told us we are required for another Xray which they scheduled on April 24th, exactly 3months after the initial xray. Nothing more.
Hi, did your parents do the medicals in manila?

desmonddoss

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Hello, anyone who has experience, need some insight please. My mom went for 3 days sputum test because of a haze in the lungs. This was done on feb 5,6,7 and turned out negative. On monday feb 10 she provided her old xray to the doctor. This xray is 4 months old and is very normal, no haze or anything. The doctor accepted it and made a copy. He said we will wait 2 months for the sputum culture result and re xray will only depend on that. The result is supposed to come out on april 3. But the next day she received a call and she was told that after comparing with the old xray with the new one, they definitely don't match so clinic decided she has to go for re xray on May 5th. My mom asked about the culture if it's still on and if there's probability she will undergo treatment after re xray but they said we're just gonna wait for re xray and we'll decide from there. So it's not clear and we don't know what to expect. Will they still proceed with culture test or not? What happens after re xray? We are really worried if providing that old xray worsens the situation or helped it. Please, anyone who has info, your advise is appreciated. Thank you.

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
I don't think she can travel until she gets her PR card which takes about 2 months.
You can do landing when she comes back forever if she has or does not need visitor visa. Urgent processing of PR card is also an option.
US seems to have some exceptions when travelling by private vehicle. Check this link: https://immigrating-to-canada.com/residency-parent/pr-card-renewal/can-travel-without-permanent-resident-card/
She is Indian citizen with multiple entry visa to USA and even had for Canada but Canadian multiple entry got canceled because she is a PR now (once she land). She needs PR card for entering USA even though she has multiple entry visa ?
TIA.

meenadr87

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone else is in the same spot as us.

We were invited to apply for the parent sponsorship in 2020, our application was received June 24th 2019. We received a letter from CIC on November 27th stating that our application has been accepted under the intake cap of 2019. We linked our application on line as soon as we received this email. There have been no updates since. Is anyone else in the same boat? Does this mean we have been approved as sponsors? Please advise.

Thanks!

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
I don't think she can travel until she gets her PR card which takes about 2 months.
You can do landing when she comes back forever if she has or does not need visitor visa. Urgent processing of PR card is also an option.
US seems to have some exceptions when travelling by private vehicle. Check this link: https://immigrating-to-canada.com/residency-parent/pr-card-renewal/can-travel-without-permanent-resident-card/
Current PR card processing time is 14 days only instead of 2 months

Reactions: macwhitby

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hello everyone,
Parents got their PR, also completed the landing.
Passport request: 27 Jan
Passport sent: 28 Jan
Passport returned: 3 Feb

Thanks you all for your support and I wish all the best to all of you!
@robertp please update.
can you provide us with the following details for the tracker? AOR, Biometrics, Medical pass date, Decision made date.

Thanks!

anabele2.0

May 2, 2019
She is Indian citizen with multiple entry visa to USA and even had for Canada but Canadian multiple entry got canceled because she is a PR now (once she land). She needs PR card for entering USA even though she has multiple entry visa ?
TIA.
She can enter the US. It's coming back to Canada without the PR card that might be an issue. @ankz001 is saying PR card processing is only 14 days.

Reactions: macwhitby

Elaine amj

Mar 20, 2018
I know someone who were short by $150 for the 1st year... the following 2 years they were more than double the required amount for those years, but their case still got rejected.

They follow the rule of income pretty strictly.
Data point: I was short for my 3rd year (my DH was off work for cancer and I also took a one year Leave of Absence to care for him) so I ended up liquidating a chunk of my RRSPs to make up the difference for Line 150. I did not provide them our SIN numbers so they did not have access to all our tax forms. I was pretty nervous as we were asked to send additional documents showing income and the forms we sent clearly showed lower employment income and that we made up the difference with our RRSP withdrawals. Thankfully, a few weeks ago, I got an email stating that I have met the requirements to be eligible to sponsor and my mother's case was forwarded to her local visa office (Singapore) even though she is currently with us in Canada on a supervisa.

Reactions: serious_cheese