Med's Request
16/4/15
Med's Done....
26/4/15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28/05/15
Guys, seeking some serious advice on this. My parents' application has been long awaiting for any activity, app was received on June 15th, some additional docs were asked for which were sent in early October 2019. There hasn't been any movement since then. Now the dilemma is, if its OKAY for them to come here in Canada in spring or summer on a visitor visa? Will it affect the processing of the application? Will it be a wise to stay in their home country until they get their PR?

Tarandeep Sabharwal

Feb 2, 2019
Hello all,

I am May 28 applicant. My parents have passed Medicals on November 20, 2019. PA is IN PROCESS since then.

Also, I have submitted all the required documents such as PCC, Resume etc by email on Nov. 11, 2019. One of the agents confirmed me that it has been updated in your file.

My parents are planning to come to Canada in May 2020. I am just wondering to know from any of your personal experience can PPR be requested in these four months (Feb 2020-May 2020) ? Should they wait back home until they receive PPR request? I don't want to be in a situation that we book tickets now and then we have cancel the tickets coz of PPR.

Can anyone suggest me from their personal experience what to do in this situation?

THX

abcxyz

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
hi

what is your In process date as per Ecas?
what is your DM date?
what is your Local VO name?

1. affidavit of birth
2. No
3. you have mention In / Out date ( check stamp on passport if you have)
4. https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5562e.pdf
5. All page ( including blank page )
Thank you @robertp

what is your In process date as per Ecas?----There is no date in Ecas. Saw it on Jan 24.
what is your DM date? ----Again, no date there, but I saw it on Jan 24.
what is your Local VO name? Mississauga

For #3, while travelling by road across the border, they didn't have stamps each time when they would cross the border. Just the I94 from USA has date and remaining weekend visits are not marked as they had multiple entry canada visa. Should I be worried about all such dates to be included in travel history?

For #4, apart from IMM5562, the letter says the forms (country-specific forms) should be included. This is what it says:

"Country Specific Requirements: Please refer to the country specific requirements listed for spouses, as these documents are applicable to parents and grandparents. Country specific requirements can be found on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp"

At the link, forms are for spouse, so not sure if we use those forms. Should I check via enquiry?

Thank you,

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Guys, seeking some serious advice on this. My parents' application has been long awaiting for any activity, app was received on June 15th, some additional docs were asked for which were sent in early October 2019. There hasn't been any movement since then. Now the dilemma is, if its OKAY for them to come here in Canada in spring or summer on a visitor visa? Will it affect the processing of the application? Will it be a wise to stay in their home country until they get their PR?
Do they have the visa already? Did they came here before?

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hello all,

I am May 28 applicant. My parents have passed Medicals on November 20, 2019. PA is IN PROCESS since then.

Also, I have submitted all the required documents such as PCC, Resume etc by email on Nov. 11, 2019. One of the agents confirmed me that it has been updated in your file.

My parents are planning to come to Canada in May 2020. I am just wondering to know from any of your personal experience can PPR be requested in these four months (Feb 2020-May 2020) ? Should they wait back home until they receive PPR request? I don't want to be in a situation that we book tickets now and then we have cancel the tickets coz of PPR.

Can anyone suggest me from their personal experience what to do in this situation?

THX
Do they have super visa? If so they can visit. Update IRCC when they are here.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Thank you @robertp

what is your In process date as per Ecas?----There is no date in Ecas. Saw it on Jan 24.
what is your DM date? ----Again, no date there, but I saw it on Jan 24.
what is your Local VO name? Mississauga

For #3, while travelling by road across the border, they didn't have stamps each time when they would cross the border. Just the I94 from USA has date and remaining weekend visits are not marked as they had multiple entry canada visa. Should I be worried about all such dates to be included in travel history?

For #4, apart from IMM5562, the letter says the forms (country-specific forms) should be included. This is what it says:

"Country Specific Requirements: Please refer to the country specific requirements listed for spouses, as these documents are applicable to parents and grandparents. Country specific requirements can be found on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp"

At the link, forms are for spouse, so not sure if we use those forms. Should I check via enquiry?

Thank you,
under Ecas for Sponsorship Application click "Decision Made" and read "We started processing your application on ......." . Ecas show your your In process date.
Example Ecas status

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
Biometrics: Quality of fingerprints

Today I went in to Service Canada to get the biometrics done for my parents. For my dad, after 2 tries they could not get the good quality fingerprints. It was all red for all fingers but they said 5-6 Fingers are still Ok even though system is giving red.
For my mom, 1 came green, 2 yellow and 7 red, and out of 7 red 2-3 would be poor quality.
The agent said he will send it and he put a note explaining age and due to lifetime work etc this is the best possible.

What do you guys think? When would I be able to know if they approve it or want us to repeat and if we need to repeat, what if we are not able to get better than what we have got?
Please share your experiences.

aj215

Star Member
Feb 15, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
sent
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
done
Med's Request
16/4/15
Med's Done....
26/4/15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28/05/15
Do they have the visa already? Did they came here before?
Yes, they do a have visitor visa and visited Canada twice before.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello all,

THX
In normal processing speed of CPC-M, your parents must have PPR before May.
If they already have visas, I think there will be no difference for them to come here.
That means even if PPR comes after they are here you can submit passport from Canadian address.

Grasshopper

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Could someone please update my details. Thanks in advance !

User name - Grasshopper
Sponsered People - Parents
Parents Country of citizenship - India
Province - ON
Invitation received date- 27-Apr
Application received in ottawa - 11-Jun
AOR received - 11-Oct
ecas status for Sponsership application - Decission made
ecas status for permanent residence application - In Progress
Medical Request 16-Jan
Biometrics Request 9-Jan
Biometrics Done 22-Jan